Expansion hype. Dat map creep. Breach like league. Actual reasons for single target builds. Give me it nowwwwww, my new cyclone slayer wants to get at those new maps. Might have to break out my first character sunder noob for elder bosses ST tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    ... well shit. That hurts my flicker trickster, think it will help my cyclone slayer or are they good on leech with the ascendance leech?

it'll be nuts for Slayers if Slayer is unaffected
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    As someone who tends to go to that leech cluster for almost all Attack builds, I'm not too opposed to this new placement. ;p

Where did you find that tree? Is there an interactive version with the new changes to start planning out builds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    And an attack that confers a defensive boost is Vigilant Strike. ;p
    True, and if they got rid of the CD, then it just MIGHT be useful as a main attack, but as it stands now, it's useless as a default attack, outside of builds with insanely high charge gen.

Tbh, I would be more than happy if they just removed the CD of Vigilant, that's the exact kind of move I was thinking of, just without the silly CD.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    True, and if they got rid of the CD, then it just MIGHT be useful as a main attack, but as it stands now, it's useless as a default attack, outside of builds with insanely high charge gen.

Tbh, I would be more than happy if they just removed the CD of Vigilant, that's the exact kind of move I was thinking of, just without the silly CD.
    Charges are easy to obtain from a variety of sources. 2h sunder marauder levels into vigilant strike juggernaut easily, throw a splash on your strike links and your legit g2g till like t10 self found.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where did you find that tree? Is there an interactive version with the new changes to start planning out builds?
    It's from one of the interviews with IGN, so no skill tree out yet.

around 3:40~
    http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/11/16...-path-of-exile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Charges are easy to obtain from a variety of sources. 2h sunder marauder levels into vigilant strike juggernaut easily, throw a splash on your strike links and your legit g2g till like t10 self found.
    I tried a Vigilant Strike Juggy, it worked quite well but there were still times when RNG screwed me and I'd be left trying to melee while waiting for CD/Charges.

Honestly though, is there ANY reason not to remove the CD? Would Vigilant really be that over powered if it didn't require charges to be spammed?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I tried a Vigilant Strike Juggy, it worked quite well but there were still times when RNG screwed me and I'd be left trying to melee while waiting for CD/Charges.

Honestly though, is there ANY reason not to remove the CD? Would Vigilant really be that over powered if it didn't require charges to be spammed?
    With the right links, gear, and build, probably. Might want to break your guy out and optimize him, tank builds might (might) have a place now with these new uber bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    With the right links, gear, and build, probably. Might want to break your guy out and optimize him, tank builds might (might) have a place now with these new uber bosses.
    Eh, he's retired now. My current Immortal Gladiator is pretty much better in every single way... Static Strike ftw.

War for the Atlas 3.1 in Path of Exile Is Coming

Path of Exile is glad to announce that: War for the Atlas attributes the vicious conflict between The Shaper and the Elder, it will add new PoE Items, 32 new maps, gems and also launch the newest challenge league: Abyss. Now PoE Currency of MmoGah will introduce what will come in PoE 3.1 War for the Atlas.

War for the Atlas
    There is an ancient entity known as The Elder has challenged the Shaper's handle on the Atlas of Worlds. Players explore maps ravaged by their conflict.

The Elder Guardians
    As Elder grows even more potent, to manifest his own Guardians, he will consume The Shaper's creations. When you face him, the stronger the consumed boss, the stronger The Elder is.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds cool. Coming back for the expac and challenge league for sure.
    BAD WOLF

i'm going away for two weeks exactly the 8th XD well i'll just start after - maybe i'm going for a cast on crit or cast while channeling skellymancer. Because why not.

Suggestions are welcome!!!
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    i'm going away for two weeks exactly the 8th XD well i'll just start after - maybe i'm going for a cast on crit or cast while channeling skellymancer. Because why not.

Suggestions are welcome!!!
    I've also spent a while pondering on what build to play at the start of next league... currently leaning towards Cyclone CoC Dark Pact. Maybe as an Occultist. I'm not sure if I should be going pure life or life + ES if I'm spending a significant percentage of my life per second with Dark Pact spam.

Other builds I've sorta thought about include double Dark Pact totems and casting Skeletons when possible (with Minion Instability and Beacon of Corruption), or something like Blast Rain CoC Unearth with an occasional self-cast Cremation as they're all Projectile damage (and two of those are Fire/AoE).. Decisions, decisions.

What sorts of spells are you thinking of using with your skellymancer? It probably would be unwise to split points between minion stats and personal stats (i.e. spell damage, or crit if you're using CoC). So either focus on your own stats with minions as a distraction where you don't focus on minion damage (i.e. maybe you can spam Dark Pact on them which I think scales off your spell damage/spell crit and not minion damage, although it is affected by minion Life), or focus on minion stats and use your own abilities as support (i.e. Scorching Ray CWC Summon Raging Spirit, plus a skeleton totem or something, so your minions do the primary damage while you debuff fire resistance). Although at that point you're probably just better off using minions rather than spending two links on Scorching Ray CWC.

I'm not sure if I should throw in Skeleton totems for my own CoC Dark Pact build either. I don't plan to have any minion passive nodes. It'd alleviate life costs although take a bit more maintenance, and I'm not sure how the DPS would compare; I've no idea how much life each skeleton has with no passives, just a Minion Life support gem..

Mite get a XB1 today since there is a Black Friday sell going on.

How well does PoE run on it?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

-snip-
    Well, that's exactly what i'm thinking about - while i can create synergies between spells easily it doesn't automatically mean it will be effective, right?

Anyway ideally i wanted to start as either Witch or Scion. The idea was either to create a setup where i channel debuff spells while spawning skeletons that will do most of the damage (hence the CoC) or make a (ideally) pretty standard melee character (because i love melee) with just the flavour of skeleton summoning via CoMK or CoCrit.

I need to know how actually skelly summoning works - summon limit, life/duration and what happens when i reach the summon cap. EDIT: do older skeletons die triggering "on death" support? that would be FUN.

Maybe it just doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, that's exactly what i'm thinking about - while i can create synergies between spells easily it doesn't automatically mean it will be effective, right?

Anyway ideally i wanted to start as either Witch or Scion. The idea was either to create a setup where i channel debuff spells while spawning skeletons that will do most of the damage (hence the CoC) or make a (ideally) pretty standard melee character (because i love melee) with just the flavour of skeleton summoning via CoMK or CoCrit.

I need to know how actually skelly summoning works - summon limit, life/duration and what happens when i reach the summon cap. EDIT: do older skeletons die triggering "on death" support? that would be FUN.

Maybe it just doesn't work
    It might not work, but I'm more interested in seeing if it can be made to work rather than simply dismissing the idea this early!

By default you can have a max of 5 Skeletons and they have a duration of 20 sec. There are passives/items that explicitly increase the max number of skeletons, and I think skill duration should increase their duration. Summoning more while at the cap does kill the oldest ones, and them expiring also counts as them dying; however, Cast on Death doesn't work on minions.

But the Witch-Necromancer ascendancy class has the Beacon of Corruption passive which causes your minions to leave a cloud when they die, dealing 10% of their max life as Chaos damage per second. This counts as the minion's damage, in that it can be increased with minion damage passives or linking the Minion Damage Support gem to said minion. I'm not sure if overlapping clouds from multiple dying minions can stack their damage, but I'd be surprised if so.

I don't know how you can effectively combine having melee stats and/or (melee) crit along with minion passives, but maybe there is a fine line of compromise where it works... after all, there is the Dominating Blow skill. (It's a melee attack where if it kills your target, it revives that enemy to fight under your side for 20 sec.) So I'm pretty sure you could find info on a melee/minion hybrid build. Maybe you focus mostly on minions and then just run in with a Culling Strike Dominating Blow (maybe with CoMK Skeletons if you so wish) to finish them off and don't actually need melee stats.

It might not work, but I'm more interested in seeing if it can be made to work rather than simply dismissing the idea this early!

By default you can have a max of 5 Skeletons and they have a duration of 20 sec. There are passives/items that explicitly increase the max number of skeletons, and I think skill duration should increase their duration. Summoning more while at the cap does kill the oldest ones, and them expiring also counts as them dying; however, Cast on Death doesn't work on minions.

But the Witch-Necromancer ascendancy class has the Beacon of Corruption passive which causes your minions to leave a cloud when they die, dealing 10% of their max life as Chaos damage per second. This counts as the minion's damage, in that it can be increased with minion damage passives or linking the Minion Damage Support gem to said minion. I'm not sure if overlapping clouds from multiple dying minions can stack their damage, but I'd be surprised if so.
    Does the passive cloud get buffed by +chaos/spell dmg nodes? Because another idea popped:

- Blight+CoC or VS(only chaos melee attack that comes to my mind)+CoMK with skeletons (i think Blight+CoC works better because of costant spawns)
    - totem support + wither (for damage increase) or dark pact (anyway damage should now scale with totem damage thus less effective?)
    - focus on chaos/spell damage nodes

The idea is to basically use blight as damage while continuosly summoning/killing skeletons - thus triggering their explosions. If the cloud instead scales on minion nodes, then i think i'll be forced to go with a minion setup.

EDIT: i could add minion life and damage AND dark pact to maximise triggering of the pet explosion while keeping blight via totem and being able to focus on spell/chaos nodes. though this will require a 6link which isn't exactly easy to get as SSF

EDIT2: life regen/healing will be interesting to fit into this build
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-11-24 at 04:17 PM.

The cloud scales with your minion damage and not your chaos damage, unfortunately. But again I'm doubtful that the clouds will stack, so while Beacon of Corruption is a useful passive to take into account, I don't know if it's worth building primarily around. Nevertheless, if you want to try to focus on it and just constantly cast and sacrifice minions for this effect, remember that they don't necessarily have to be skeletons; you could maybe spam Stone or Chaos Golems which should have far more base life. Depends if you want some meat shields (well.. meatless meat shields) as you're cycling them.

Is it worth self-channeling Wither? I have no idea.

So many considerations... I love that part about this game. ;p

Well, that's the point - main damage source would still be my Blight, and ill have a little army of skeletons exploding around. Worth a try imho. Passive tree is another tsory though. Starting as with is kinda meh it looks like all the things i need are just scattered around.