Poll: How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Uhm, you say 'noobs' yet you cannot handle yourself when you do PVP world quests? Of course you get flagged when you do PVP world quests, it isn't just a normal quest, it is a PVP quest. And no, you aren't ported, phased or anything when you just do world quests - only PVP . Even at that, you aren't always phased when you do PVP world quests. And you call people noobs because... you can't handle PVP world quests? Then I suggest you stay away from PVP world quests. They aren't forced, nor are you forced to. You even get a warning about entering a PVP zone when you're in the world. There's no world quest or quest alone that forces you inside the PVP zones.
    Noob it happen 2 me all lastnight -_- i dont do pvp world quests just the none world quest ones do u understand? it ports me 2 pvp severs blizz confirmed this sometimes happens and will be fixed in the next xpac

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm, you say 'noobs' yet you cannot handle yourself when you do PVP world quests? Of course you get flagged when you do PVP world quests, it isn't just a normal quest, it is a PVP quest. And no, you aren't ported, phased or anything when you just do world quests - only PVP . Even at that, you aren't always phased when you do PVP world quests. And you call people noobs because... you can't handle PVP world quests? Then I suggest you stay away from PVP world quests. They aren't forced, nor are you forced to. You even get a warning about entering a PVP zone when you're in the world. There's no world quest or quest alone that forces you inside the PVP zones.
    i dont like pvp thats not why i pay my damn money

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    how were you "forced"? if i may ask.
    read my last post
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2017-11-23 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Why is it a big deal if you get ganked ?
    This is your 2nd topic regarding this. I really want to understand why is it a big deal for you.

Personally Im fine with or without it, it makes no difference for me.
    When you want to level a char and within 3 hours of gaming spent 2 hours of them dead because some max lvl dude got a hardon for you.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    how were you "forced"? if i may ask.
    1. Social pressure. When your best friend asks you to try out a game and play with THEM, well turns out he's playing on pvp realm.
    Yes there's a choice, but how many of you makes the choice to go play ALONE on pve server in a game you've never played before and even more on your first mmorpg ever, you literally have no idea even how the pvp works, who knows it might actually be good compared to other games. Remember this is time before crz, before realm merges and realm hopping, this is vanilla. Do you say to your friend that i'll come play, but no thanks i'm not going on pvp server cause i hate pvp, no. Your friend's capped on that realm and likes pvp, they won't roll pve server. You're the noob coming to the game, what do you do?

2. Progression raiding. So you've done your bit and learned and got a lot better. You're now in that realms top guild getting realm firsts and then that guild quits entirely cause people internally are all fighting like babies, but you want more, you want to be at the top, you want more than realm firsts. There's about 5-10 guilds who could offer the very best, but you're not at that level yet, you need to still progress through the top 100 to 10 bracket. Applying to guilds, all you want to do is raid, wpvp doesn't matter cause you won't be outside instances really anyway. You apply where there's a spot for YOUR class, there's a choice, but there's also "forced" limit cause not every guild is looking for your class, plus not every guild is still going to take you in even if they do have a spot, they test you out. So you are on the mercy of the recruiting guilds, which is basically saying, you apply, and you take a spot in the highest possible rated guild that's willing to take you, regardless of the realm, cause in the end, all you want to do is raid and in the highest possible guild. After a few dozen applications, you finally get a yes spot for test drive.

So now you've ended up in raiding guild on pvp server, so far that's fine, cause all you do is raid, it's not that bad the pvp realm happens to be almost evenly balanced even to your faction side, like 5:4 balance to benefit your faction. You're accepted as full time member.
    Guilds doing splits so it's time to seriously get more alts. This is what you wanted right, who cares what happens outside the raid instances.
    Leveling on the pvp realm is a bit painful to you, but it's the end that matters, so you suck it up and level the toons.
    Then 4 years later that guild decides the realm doesn't have enough recruiting potential and they are actually sick of the pvp realm and want to transfer pve realm. This guild is a major factor on that realm, when it left, the realm population dropped with it, a lot of people left, a lot and the realm dropped from mid pop to dead and i'm talking dead, with the guild there the realm had good 700-1000 active players, after they left, my faction had literally 15 active players on the realm, 15! That wasn't even a problem really, best fucking time ever to play solo wow. All rares up all the time, everything up for me to kill.
    You again got a choice, transfer with them or quit and stay where you are.

Here's the question, what do you do when you don't have any money and you're not capable of shitting raw diamonds?
    You've spend 4 YEARS to level up an army of alts on that server and earned your place in that guild, you got to officer and part time raid leader, your new friends are transferring off, but it would cost you hundreds of bucks to transfer all toons that the guild wants you to have to do splits, and you don't have money to even transfer one toon off.
    You're barely making the ends meet to get fucking food on your table and pay rent, not to speak of luxuries like realm transfers.
    EU tokens cost almost 300k a piece, which is just barely doable to get your monthly sub token to pay, so they ain't realistically an option to pay for transfers either, unless you can constantly land some rare items worth millions to sell.
    You suck it up. That's the end of it. You suck it up and want to murder anyone killing you outside in the world (or you know until these "politicians" start nuking the heck out of this planet and each other and all the pvp enthusiasts get to go fight real wpvp in a war and whack each other off the planet, whilst i sit in a basement playing wow) cause it's frustrating. You're now on a dead realm, with no raiding guilds offering your level of raiding, there's fucking nothing there. Then come realm merges and it only gets "better", you're now merged with nothing but enemy faction realms to the point that your merged realm now has a 23:1 ratio for the enemy faction. Currently cause people have nothing better to do, there's 15 enemy warriors bladestormin every translocator on Argus 24/7 even at fucking 6 in the morning like are you kidding, so you die when you port, you die when you ress, you die until you ress 4-5 times far enough away for it to be possible. Good luck with that and no money.
    What do you do?

*Edit. It's also not my choice, that Blizzard chose to merge my realm with like 5 other realms that are only enemy faction sided dead realms.
    Where's my choice in that, huh? No one asked me to allow this kind of realm merge JUST LIKE they did not ask YOU when they implement pvp toggle in BfA. Just as you want a choice to keep pvp realms, then i want a choice to merge my realm with all the dead realms that only have my faction players so this is the heavy sided faction, so i can at least pretend to be on pve realm cause i'm protected by my faction. Haven't gotten that.

There's a choice in step 1 and 2, but that choice is difficult, almost to the point of literally forced. Wonder how many would choose the other path..
    Last edited by Redecle; 2017-11-23 at 06:07 PM.

It's not our fault your friends are on pvp servers.
    It's really damn baffeling to me that you people think it's ok for you to look down on us for playing on the servertype that is (was) made for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Noob it happen 2 me all lastnight -_- i dont do pvp world quests just the the none world quest one do u understand? it ports me 2 pve sever blizz confirmed this sometimes happens and will be fixed iin the next xpac
    I think you've lost your privilege of calling people noobs if you cannot cope yourself. And never heard of this 'bug' to be honest, nor have I experienced it. Unless you look for groups to do it, then it isn't a bug.

i dont like pvp thats not why i pay my damn money
    Don't worry, you'll soon have a world without World PvP, just got to enable it at the vendor.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Im so fucking glad PvP realms are being changed, I transferred to one because my guild moved there. I dont mind occassional 1v1, 2v2 or even 3v3 skirmishes in the open world, its when you port to karazhan and get oneshot by 10 Horde players before you have even loaded in properly, there is nothing fun about that. Even though my realm is about 99% Alliance, CRZ just fucks things up in a lot of places.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad for the change. While yes i know that hey you could always play on a pve server. Thing is is i have friends on pvp servers plus guilds i enjoy to be in. I like that I will be able to toggle it off so i can actually enjoy being with friends with out the fear of getting killed when i aint touching noboy. plus i just suck at pvp anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac? I for one cannot wait to never have to deal with being killed just going to a freaking flight path cause I was forced on a pvp server shard....
    I am very pleased this means i can move my characters to a more competitive realm or to realm of friends and not being stuck on one of the few balanced PvP realms like defias brotherhood EU.

I also like the notion that we'll get better rewards or additional rewards for playing with PvP enabled.

I can't wait to never run into crybaby anti-PVPers ever again. Good riddance. /spit

I love the change. I'm playing on a pvp server with like 1000:1 ally:horde ratio, as it has one of the biggest pve communities my country has. Also, it is the server where most of my long-time friends are playing.

So basically I have opted on a server where wpvp was dead to begin with. But sharding made things so worse.

It was 2 days ago, where a group of 2 players (dps and heal) were KoSing me like 5-6 times during a single world quest. And when argus was opened, there was a guy who's been multiboxing 15 DKs and 5 rshams, killing everyone that went to one specific WQ.

I'd be okay with sharding, if it was restricted to your own connected realms but not with the entire EU (with exceptions for grouping).

How many of you are glad to see pvp/world pvp being balanced in the next x pac? I for one cannot wait to never have to deal with being killed just going to a freaking flight path cause I was forced on a pvp server shard....
    You were forced on a PvP server shard? Oh my...

Also regarding the actual question at hand: As someone who plays on an RP-PvP Server with a huge faction imbalance this will be a really, really bad change because Blizzard doesn't have the balls to incentivize PvP in a way that would actually make people think about switching into PvP mode and they've already confirmed that they won't have people from other realms on RP-Servers.
    So basically the shitty parts of world PvP (like faction imbalance) won't change. There will simply be less players because even if they create amazing incentives that will lead to let's say 90% (of course that's exaggerated) opting into PvP we will still end up with 10% less people.

It's a shitty system placed on top of all the other shitty systems Blizzard came up with over the years and simply another change that is detrimental to the health of our community. Maybe it will be the final nail in the coffin when it comes to Rp-PvP servers.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2017-11-23 at 05:21 PM.

You are never forced on them now. You choose to go to them. Now if you are upset over WQGF or add ons like that grouping you to pvp servers there are options to ignore pvp servers so again you are making the choice to be on them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I think he is talking about when you complete WQs that require a group and use the Group Finder Tool. You can get put into a group that is on a PvP server and you immediately get toggled into PvP mode. Which is what it is, not really a big deal, as soon as you leave the group, even if you killed Alliance during the time, you immediately lose PvP, no 5 min cool down.

As it goes for randomly being dropped into PvP shards, I think it might be exceedingly rare. It's never happened to me, nor can I remember anyone complaining about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    I think he is talking about when you complete WQs that require a group and use the Group Finder Tool. You can get put into a group that is on a PvP server and you immediately get toggled into PvP mode. Which is what it is, not really a big deal, as soon as you leave the group, even if you killed Alliance during the time, you immediately lose PvP, no 5 min cool down.

As it goes for randomly being dropped into PvP shards, I think it might be exceedingly rare. It's never happened to me, nor can I remember anyone complaining about it.
    See now, your comment would make sense but I wouldn't see that is a problem or bug, as that is just one of the side-effects of looking for random groups.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I am very pleased this means i can move my characters to a more competitive realm or to realm of friends and not being stuck on one of the few balanced PvP realms like defias brotherhood EU.

I also like the notion that we'll get better rewards or additional rewards for playing with PvP enabled.
    See now, this is what tempts me. More rewards, I'm an RP'er and mostly play Tank or healer, I can just pick to survive. Heh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Just another step in the wrong direction...hope they don't fuck up classic.

I love the change. I won't have to transfer to be more pvp involved. Ganking will never be balance as stated by Blizzard at Blizzcon. I do like more of a challenge so I'll pvp at max level, ganking low levels is a pretty pathetic thing to waste time on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Anyone who thinks WPvP is going to be balanced from this is delusional.

We're not going to see a "bright new era of WPvP," we're seeing the end of PvP servers. Blizzard underrewards PvP players consistently, and are on record as stating that "they don't want players who opt out to feel punished." Given that, what's the most likely scenario? People abusing the system and opting into the system when they're done with quests/dailies and actively looking to WPvP.

The organic and dynamic aspects of WPvP will be gone, and the world will be turned into an opt-in Battleground. That's a part of WPvP, but that's not all of WPvP.

Oh, and shards won't be balanced by faction due to inherent population imbalances.

But hey, to the casuals and bads who moaned for this over the years: Thanks for taking away choice from me. Obviously it's a good thing Blizzard chose to cater to you, even though PvE servers already exist.
    Your post has merits, but my experience differs. I play on US-Tichondrius. I'm not somebody who complains about being on a PvP server through forced means. I would rather be on a PvE server, but I don't rage whenever I get ganked. Instead, I've tried many times to form counter raids. There are like.. three or so Alliance guilds who specifically group together to camp certain teleport pads on Argus. That doesn't make me throw my keyboard, it makes me want to counter them. Alliance scum playing dirty, right? Let's make it safe for the Horde to use teleport pads on Argus without getting insta-gibbed.

So what happens? I sit there in General LFM. No bites. I see people corpse running through the huge pile of Alliance. Nobody responds. I'll whisper them: "Want to join my counter raid?" "No, I don't like PvP. I'll just corpse run out of here."

I think I managed to get a group of about 5 and we ended up winning just because it was a bunch of 945 ilvl classes with one shot legendaries (this all happened literally 3 days before the rebalancing) and we just took out their 2 healers and the other classes we could see who had the same legendary items on. But I watched probably 20+ Horde just not give a fuck at all and abandon us because they can't be assed to actually participate. There was one point where I was a ghost and saw (and counted) 15 other horde players just standing near their bodies waiting for the rez timer. NOT ONE OF THOSE PLAYERS WANTED TO FIGHT BACK AT ALL. Not even with a raid group the nearly the same literally just standing around.

So, I think this WILL have a positive impact by creating an environment where people who are either neutral or in favor of WPvP can go and start actual groups. Like I said, I'm neutral to the whole thing, but I will engage in it if asked by somebody in my own faction or if an Alliance group is ganking me. I will probably always play with WPvP active unless I'm in a big hurry despite being neutral on the subject. So this new opt-in system will hopefully remove all of the frustrations that I have with WPvP currently: a bunch of coward Horde players who don't feel like fighting back because it takes too much time out of their precious World Quest and rare elite farming.

Only difference i see is that people can choose. Why is this so bad?

See now, your comment would make sense but I wouldn't see that is a problem or bug, as that is just one of the side-effects of looking for random groups.

Some people aren't that intelligent and think it's a bug. When it's just a side effect of sharding and the group tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Some people aren't that intelligent and think it's a bug. When it's just a side effect of sharding and the group tool.
    True but to some that aren't used to it, I guess it can be understood. To be honest, now a days people don't even need to group - except for invasion points where it has more benefits.