Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Two types of dumb in this thread
    - People who think dog life equates to human life
    - People who think all dogs are equally dangerous
    Dogs are family to a lot of people. Probably most people who have pets. I mean think about it. You feed them, walk them, pick up their poop every damn day. How often do you interact with your aunt or grandfather in comparison? Or your grown siblings?

When you take care of a living thing every day, you're going to give a shit when the animal passes away. Especially if it died in some traumatic/violent way.

I've noticed in these threads that people tend to say "equating animals with humans" when they really mean "why do you give a shit about an animal?" which is what I answered here.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    They are in the 16-30 kg range if male and 14-27 if female. An adult male could jump on its back and it would break the back.
    Ok if Jason Bourne or Hulk Hogan is around Ill remember that. For most humans though....dont expect to jump on a pitbull and get good results

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Ok if Jason Bourne or Hulk Hogan is around Ill remember that. For most humans though....dont expect to jump on a pitbull and get good results
    I think if the man I am seeing now would jump on a pitbulls back it would break the back or be very injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    This.

I can't believe the owner wasn't arrested given his attitude. It's very clear why these two dogs were like this - And it has nothing to do with breed.
    I'm sure police will catch up with him and arrest him for something eventually.

It's a good idea to carry pepper spray or some sort of protection as a precaution when out walking. It's useful for not only protecting yourself, but also your pets. Aim for the eyes/mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    I think if the man I am seeing now would jump on a pitbulls back it would break the back or be very injured.
    then what happens when you miss and you are on a ground with an animal designed to hold down prey openly biting your body. You would be fucked.

Only options is to give up a limb like your arm into its mouth then going for eye shots or hope you have steel cap boots on and kick it

then what happens when you miss and you are on a ground with an animal designed to hold down prey openly biting your body. You would be fucked.

Only options is to give up a limb like your arm into its mouth then going for eye shots or hope you have steel cap boots on and kick it
    You can carry weapons with you too.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Jail the owner and put the dogs down.
    this /10char

Survival of the fittest.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Survival of the fittest.
    So no more GP or hospital visits for you then I hope. Talking tough on the internet about survival of fittest n all while you jug down your meds. Hah

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    https://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/12-year...ogsbiteorg.pdf

In the past 12 years 392 Americans have been killed by dogs. 254 of those were from pit bulls. That's just under 64.8%, or just under two thirds. Your sharpeies isn't even mentioned on the chart. They'd be included under unknown or combination, which add up to >19.
    Did you just literally miss the part where I said "when neutered"

10+ Year Old Account

2016 Dog attacks by breed

Q: What is the history of the pit bull?

The blood sport of "bull baiting" began over 1,000 years ago in England (various sources dispute this date). What is undisputed is that by 1500, bull baiting had progressed to Britain's national pastime. Bulldogs were reportedly first mentioned by name in 1631, referring to their function rather than a distinct dog breed. By 1800, and through further selective breeding, the bulldog developed into a compact muscular dog characterized by tremendous jaw strength.4

Due to public outrage, bull baiting was banned in England in 1835. Bulldog breeders and owners then moved to the sport of "ratting," where a number of rats were placed into a pit and wagers were made on how many rats the dog could kill in a certain time period. To increase agility, quickness and prey-drive in the bulldog, ratters crossed the breed with terriers. Essentially, it was the sport of ratting that combined the bulldog and terrier into the modern day pit bull terrier.

On the heels of ratting, dogfighting developed. Pit bulls and dogfighting were exported to America as settlers made their way to the New World. In 1884, the American Kennel Club was formed but rejected pit bulls due to their use in dogfighting. In response, Chauncey Z. Bennett formed the United Kennel Club in 1898 to bring formal recognition to the pit bull breed. At that time, Bennett also drew up rules and regulations for dogfighting to bring "organization" to the blood sport.
    -----
    Lets stop the debate on if its nature or how it was raised. Anecdotal evidence of all the Pit Bulls you have seen aren't dangerous or very nice is not valid in the argument. If literally most of the fatal dog attacks are the same breed lets take a step and look at what they all have in common. The dogs in their nature were bred for violence, that doesn't mean they are evil. The animal is a dangerous weapon, just like a firearm they can be safe and fun to train and use but still has the potential to kill someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Themius is the ghetto superstar. They defend everything ghetto like criminals, drunk driving, dindu's, and pit bulls. Evidence and numbas are wack and don't exist in the ghetto so don't bother with them facts.

Now some coward will report me for the truth I dispensed and I will get an infraction which on this site is a badge of not being a limp twisted sycophant.

infracted - trolling
    Truth? More like stupidity.

ghetto like criminals? Drunk driving? What the fuck and you are using dindus as a racial slur but I am the one who is bad in your eyes... what type of stupidity is this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    these dogs are piece of shits. Pitbull are aggressive. Yes the way you raise them can change everything but other dogs that have been badly raised dont "press the trigger" as easily as pitbulls. Thus we should get rid of them because I don't want my life to rely on how my neighbor is a good master.
    Shar pets are even more aggressive one of the most aggressive dogs so are the tosa inus. "it's a piece of shit dog" is just retarded to say. Especially as they aren't nearly as violent as some of the more violent dogs that do exist. The more violent dogs just have less occurrences of violence because their owners are better.. they're not dogs you find in pounds but instead dogs that you find from reputable breeders.

So no more GP or hospital visits for you then I hope. Talking tough on the internet about survival of fittest n all while you jug down your meds. Hah
    Oh I wouldn't be the first to go, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post

2016 Dog attacks by breed

Q: What is the history of the pit bull?

The blood sport of "bull baiting" began over 1,000 years ago in England (various sources dispute this date). What is undisputed is that by 1500, bull baiting had progressed to Britain's national pastime. Bulldogs were reportedly first mentioned by name in 1631, referring to their function rather than a distinct dog breed. By 1800, and through further selective breeding, the bulldog developed into a compact muscular dog characterized by tremendous jaw strength.4

Due to public outrage, bull baiting was banned in England in 1835. Bulldog breeders and owners then moved to the sport of "ratting," where a number of rats were placed into a pit and wagers were made on how many rats the dog could kill in a certain time period. To increase agility, quickness and prey-drive in the bulldog, ratters crossed the breed with terriers. Essentially, it was the sport of ratting that combined the bulldog and terrier into the modern day pit bull terrier.

On the heels of ratting, dogfighting developed. Pit bulls and dogfighting were exported to America as settlers made their way to the New World. In 1884, the American Kennel Club was formed but rejected pit bulls due to their use in dogfighting. In response, Chauncey Z. Bennett formed the United Kennel Club in 1898 to bring formal recognition to the pit bull breed. At that time, Bennett also drew up rules and regulations for dogfighting to bring "organization" to the blood sport.
    -----
    Lets stop the debate on if its nature or how it was raised. Anecdotal evidence of all the Pit Bulls you have seen aren't dangerous or very nice is not valid in the argument. If literally most of the fatal dog attacks are the same breed lets take a step and look at what they all have in common. The dogs in their nature were bred for violence, that doesn't mean they are evil. The animal is a dangerous weapon, just like a firearm they can be safe and fun to train and use but still has the potential to kill someone.
    It's good to realize before you spout something silly like this, that many dogs that aren't pits but looks similar are including in those statistics. Literally once a husky was reported as a pit bull because any dog attack was instantly assumed to be a pit bull.

Your arguments aren't valid at all.

Shar peis and tosa inus are bred to be much more aggressive than pit bulls shar peis in particular are one of the most aggressive unfriendly dogs that exists and that's because they're bred specifically for guarding. Those dogs however while huge and strong and naturally aggressive have very very very very few instances because they cost thousands of dollars and typically are only sold to people looking for them and they come from breeders.

Pit bulls are usually in pounds and given to any person who just wants a dog. Also in your statistics it is also worth remembering that NEUTERED PIT BULL ATTACKS ARE IN LINE WITH THE AVERAGES OF ALL DOGS so if pit bulls were simply the problem why is it that fixed dogs aren't? Could it be that fixed dogs are owned by more responsible owners who get their dogs fixed and take care of them properly?

Oh I wouldn't be the first to go, lol.
    Well pre 1920's I'd give you 20-30 years total maybe. 35 if you are lucky. Thats from birth to death too btw

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blame the owner not the breed......

Well pre 1920's I'd give you 20-30 years total maybe. 35 if you are lucky. Thats from birth to death too btw
    It's okay, my body will crumble where your corpse have been rotting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correlation =/= causation, nice try with the neutered dog fallacy.

It's okay, my body will crumble where your corpse have been rotting.
    I'll be in heaven playing with the beagle while people act tough on the internet in misery

Also let's please remember that before it was the pit it was the doberman and before that it was the Rottweiler and before that it was the German shepherd all of which are highly intelligent dogs who make great companions when trained right however they became popular among the wrong crowd of people and therefore those breeds soon became seen as "bad" it has nothing to do with breed