Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Bulldogs =/= Pit Bull. Pit Bulls are vicious by Nature. And just stop before you start the "Oh But I own a Pit Bull" or "Oh my Friend owns a PitBull and they let it sleep with their kids" etc etc anecdotal shit. Sure there are outliers, but laws involving Animals are put in place for good reason.
    I've known several pit bulls that were excellent animals, and I trust their behavior implicitly. You're ignorant, and letting your fear talk for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Says every pit bull owner ever. #BrokenRecord " Oh, The owner sucked " Oh, The owner didnt know what he was doing " Yeah okay, Old man down the road from me had had one for 19 years and used to breed them for a living. Dog snaped and almost riped his leg off one day. Lesson? Dont own a war dog for a pet. I wonder how many mothers out there wish they had there infant back because of a pit snapping off. Then again if your willing to have such a danger around a baby then well....what can I say?
    So why aren't we hearing about dobermans Rottweilers and germanshepherds like we did in the 80s and 90s? Could it be idk... they've not been an easy access guard dog breed like they used to be... I mean probably that has something to do with it.

There was also a family that owned a nice husky that never had issues until it literally ate their baby... same story except with a Labrador...

Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    I have no sympathy for anyone that doesn't have their dog on a leash in a public area. If anything happens to them it's your fault and yours only.

That said, I would gladly participate in a worldwide crusade to make pit bulls extinct. I'll even volunteer my own guns and ammo to the cause for anybody that doesn't have their own.
    Yeah I'm sure the pit bulls would have left the beagle alone and not ripped it apart if it had been on a leash. You and the pit bull owner should be mates

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Sounds like my cat. Vet said kittens have sensitive digestive systems, though. And it's died down quite a bit.

Your dog might be allergic to something in his food, if it's a super common thing. Does it have grains in it?
    It does. We try to feed him the good stuff, but I swear to god he hates the better foods.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It does. We try to feed him the good stuff, but I swear to god he hates the better foods.
    I've had the same with my cat... Except it was a case of, some cheaper brands were good for him, but he'd refuse to eat it. So I had to buy royal canine's extra tasty and 'sensible' cat food. TvT Was good for him, but expensive. Dog is easy, luckily.

Both of my cats were like that, as well as my dog when she was a puppy. The current cat turned up his nose at literally every singe dry food I've given him, cheap or pricey (except he likes to eat the dog food for some reason, which I try to keep him out of). He also doesn't like the more expensive canned foods, or seafood flavors. Or closed litter boxes. He's sweet but also a picky pain in the ass...the last cat ate anything, but once I got him on Purina Naturals (was on sale) he wouldn't go back to Taste of the Wild cat food. The dog gets ToTW dog food, which I do recommend giving a try if you ever feel like experimenting again. Chewy.com also has a grain-free dog food that's a good value.

I don't know what it is about cheap food that they like so much. Maybe the corn? Picked up an emergency/backup bag of Puppy Chow when my dog was three months old, fell asleep. Woke up with her having found the bag hidden in the closet, and had eaten so much that she had thrown up, and had kept eating...:P

I did a better job of puppy-proofing the house after that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    funny how that little infographic lists just about every single dangerous dog breed. almost like it's biased as fuck. oh wait huffpo. disregard it entirely.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Yeah dog owners can be dangerous and cruel sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Pitbull is a fucking umbrella term..
    The number one reason why they have the reputation of being dangerous is, because a number of breeds are lumped together..
    Staffordshire Bull Terrier
    American Staffordshire Terrier
    American Pit Bull Terrier
    American Bully
    American Bulldog

That's 5 breeds for you right there..
    In a sense the pitbull topic is somewhat similar to the 'assault rifle' topic.
    Lots of people with next to no clue about it making a lot of fart noises while talking out of their asses.
    You're totally right. A firearm if not trained properly will develop had habits and run off and kill other guns.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    funny how that little infographic lists just about every single dangerous dog breed. almost like it's biased as fuck. oh wait huffpo. disregard it entirely.

Labradors and golden retrievers?

Pittbulls are 6% of the dog population yet account for 80% of bite fatalities. You can blame bad owners or whatever else makes you feel better but there are bad owners of other dogs as well yet the bite stats still show pitts by far as more dangerous. Pittbulls killed more people in 2015 alone than bears killed in the last 20 years.

Pittbulls are the #1 dog choice of the ghetto fabulous idiots with hobbies like dog fighting and drug dealing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post

Just saying...
    With the power of the internet, I dub thee incorrect.

Now an additional photo to support my bias.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The hilarious part is, how even can you know whether the DogsBite graph is correct? Bull Mastiffs, Boxers, American Bulldogs, various Mixed Breeds and even a labrador retriever have all been mislabled as "Pit Bulls" by the media.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    The hilarious part is, how even can you know whether the DogsBite graph is correct? Bull Mastiffs, Boxers, American Bulldogs, various Mixed Breeds and even a labrador retriever have all been mislabled as "Pit Bulls" by the media.
    I can't. But then again how can anyone prove a graph about tolerance in Pitbulls is correct? Also to be honest there's a lot of articles on Pitbulls biting people is massive numbers so feel free to Google them.

As for what is the classification of a Pitbull, just remember that dog breeds are a human invention. They were breed in the United Kingdom to be used in blood sports like bull-baiting and bear-baiting. When it was outlawed in 1835, the owners just turned dogs against each other instead. They were literally made to be killers. So a true Pitbull is dangerous, but dogs are dogs and they will mix breeds around, so there can be hybrids of these breeds. Which may not make them true Pitbulls, but still can be dangerous.

Every graph has margin for error. If you are suggesting 60% is due to incorrect labeling of breed that seems a bit disingenuous

Now an additional photo to support my bias.
    Photos don't support your bias when angry dogs all look pretty similarly intimidating lol... it's just a stupid point to make.

Your graph and what the photo is talking about are two vastly entirely different things

That graph is about testing breeds of dogs for temperament.

German shepherds dobermans and Rottweilers were the devil dogs of the 80s-90s... pit bulls are the devil dogs of the 21st century yet idiots forget this trend and instead of going "clearly it has to do with ownership" they blame the dog breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't. But then again how can anyone prove a graph about tolerance in Pitbulls is correct? Also to be honest there's a lot of articles on Pitbulls biting people is massive numbers so feel free to Google them.

As for what is the classification of a Pitbull, just remember that dog breeds are a human invention. They were breed in the United Kingdom to be used in blood sports like bull-baiting and bear-baiting. When it was outlawed in 1835, the owners just turned dogs against each other instead. They were literally made to be killers. So a true Pitbull is dangerous, but dogs are dogs and they will mix breeds around, so there can be hybrids of these breeds. Which may not make them true Pitbulls, but still can be dangerous.

I'm well aware of the history of Pit Bulls (and the top right dog looks very similar to mine).

What you're missing is that while Pit Bulls were specifically bred to be aggressive towards other animals (specifically dogs, but other animals in general), they were also bred specifically to not be aggressive towards people. See, people had to get down in the pits and break the dogs apart. A dog that was aggressive towards people was a huge liability, and such animals were almost invariably put down to prevent them from passing that aggression on to any offspring. So a Pit Bull, historically, should never be aggressive towards humans. That many are is a function of current reckless breeding and bad owners.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

If they are taking at least 400 per breed to test.. I would also assume they know what breeds they're testing.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm well aware of the history of Pit Bulls (and the top right dog looks very similar to mine).

What you're missing is that while Pit Bulls were specifically bred to be aggressive towards other animals (specifically dogs, but other animals in general), they were also bred specifically to not be aggressive towards people. See, people had to get down in the pits and break the dogs apart. A dog that was aggressive towards people was a huge liability, and such animals were almost invariably put down to prevent them from passing that aggression on to any offspring. So a Pit Bull, historically, should never be aggressive towards humans. That many are is a function of current reckless breeding and bad owners.
    I find it extremely weird that people want to blame the breed instead of the owners... I've mentioned it like 6 times now but dobermans Rottweilers and German shepherds were the evil dogs of the 80s and 90s... clearly the issue was the owners as today you rarely find people talking about it as people who were drawn to those dogs in that time frame have moved on to other dogs... the pit bull being the main one.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Photos don't support your bias when angry dogs all look pretty similarly intimidating lol... it's just a stupid point to make.

Your graph and what the photo is talking about are two vastly entirely different things

That graph is about testing breeds of dogs for temperament.

German shepherds dobermans and Rottweilers were the devil dogs of the 80s-90s... pit bulls are the devil dogs of the 21st century yet idiots forget this trend and instead of going "clearly it has to do with ownership" they blame the dog breed.
    People used to have brick cell phones in the 80s too, now look at smart phones. People up their game. What was the douche wearing platform boots walking with his rottweiler is now a cracked up drug dealer with a malnourished pit bull he keeps chained up in the backyard and gives it a slice of meat every time it kills another dog in the dog fighting ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I find it extremely weird that people want to blame the breed instead of the owners... I've mentioned it like 6 times now but dobermans Rottweilers and German shepherds were the evil dogs of the 80s and 90s... clearly the issue was the owners as today you rarely find people talking about it as people who were drawn to those dogs in that time frame have moved on to other dogs... the pit bull being the main one.
    I guess it's just easier? Also, I think people hate the idea of being responsible for their own actions - and for the actions of their pets.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama