Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    its not the best wow but its not the same game as it is now.Thats why ppl asked this for years now..cause there was no way to enjoy that game after they changed it so much.No one us deluded..You can play "some" of it but let the rest of us that want to play "full" of it to enjoy it....
    Did you see some classic dude asks blizzard to not release any other expansion??
    No..Why then you vanilla haters ask blizzard to not release classic servers and now trying to get in the middle of your lost battle trying to mess with the game that you wont play dor more than a week cause as you ppl say it will die within 2-3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    You have to be so simple-minded to think this way. There's a vast spectrum, even when you just consider the various patches that changed things DURING vanilla.
    The world is a vast spectrum, but an amazing number of people want to see everything as black and white.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derien View Post
    You are a vanilla hater so i dont really know what are you doing in here other than spitting your poison cause you are sad that bliizard dint cater to you and gave us what we asked....
    Incorrect. Blizzard did not give you what you asked for; they merely promised. You can stop gloating until release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    People are going to request that even if they don't change mail.
    Sure they will. That's why the discussion is really about how is too far. I think there's a legitimate point to be made about changes and a legitimate point to be made about changing nothing. To keep it simple I'd change very, very little except to fix bugs that were never intended. The mail being the way it is is not a bug. It's a design. So leave it alone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

See stuff like that is the things they can add and it's not a big deal.
    If they are keeping the old server unchanged and are putting the adaptation logic into the environment, then multiple items per mail / guild banks is likely a big deal (infeasible).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Allow them to let us mail multiple items in a single mail. I can't even begin to comprehend the logic that says, we should not allow us to have guild banks, and we also should force us to mail the bank alts, 1 item at a time, per mail. Please stop this perpetual stupidity.
    OP, what you are asking likely won't happen because it is hard to do with the way they are doing it (if I understand the way they are doing it correctly).

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sure they will. That's why the discussion is really about how is too far. I think there's a legitimate point to be made about changes and a legitimate point to be made about changing nothing. To keep it simple I'd change very, very little except to fix bugs that were never intended. The mail being the way it is is not a bug. It's a design. So leave it alone.
    What if single-item mail was only ever that way because of technical limitations?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octayvius View Post
    Allow them to let us mail multiple items in a single mail. I can't even begin to comprehend the logic that says, we should not allow us to have guild banks, and we also should force us to mail the bank alts, 1 item at a time, per mail. Please stop this perpetual stupidity.
    Um we had addons back then that allowed us to send multiple items at once & collect all items in your mail at once too. Get over it! Vanilla should be vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    If they are keeping the old server unchanged and are putting the adaptation logic into the environment, then multiple items per mail / guild banks is likely a big deal (infeasible).

- - - Updated - - -

OP, what you are asking likely won't happen because it is hard to do with the way they are doing it (if I understand the way they are doing it correctly).
    Can't be that hard, mods in vanilla were already doing the same thing.

Can't be that hard, mods in vanilla were already doing the same thing.
    Mods in vanilla were sending multiple items with one item per mail.

Mods in vanilla were sending multiple items with one item per mail.
    Right which is what the op was asking for.

Right which is what the op was asking for.
    Ah, if that's enough, no need to do anything. Like you say, there are addons for that.

Ah, if that's enough, no need to do anything. Like you say, there are addons for that.
    Yeeeah....and why shouldnt it be in the game itself? Does it realy matter, if its ingame or if you are using an addon? Addons were kinda powerfull in vanilla. Changing mailsystem, adding oneshot macros and such. Even automation. Do we want THAT back? I think not.

CT_Mailmod my main man, fixes it
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Aah yes! the vanilla tryhard "ehmagerd sending 1 item at a time was totally immersive! If you disagree you are probably a wrath baby because that's the hip thing to say yo!"

If the amount of items you can mail ruins your vanilla experience, you might be slightly to fragile for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The op makes a good point and it's a change that I agree would be harmless. Even though I loathe slippery slope arguments Vanilla WoW is as good a candidate for one as has come along in a while.

So fix the mail so it's not so cumbersome and annoying.

"You know, I was thinking. Carrying ammunition around is cumbersome and annoying too."

...And we're off...
    I'm sure they will, in fact I'm sure they'll ask for that no matter what. But I have some faith in Blizzard, they're not complete morons and should be able to tell which things are part of the community/RPG aspects of the game and which aren't. Mailing multiple items or having autoloot toggleable are interface improvements, ammo isn't, in fact it's a very important RPG aspect. Bigger stacks of ammo, sure let's discuss that but removing it all together would take away from the experience of vanilla.

Give someone a finger and he will demand a hand.

Going on compromises like this, open doors to other "not harmful" changes and in the end we will end with retail .

i dont know

- - - Updated - - -

someone here can helpme? i newbie here, how i send pm's to a users?

I fucking love this. I truly truly do. All you people that wanted vanilla now want vanilla BUT x thing has to change for you to play it. Hilarious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I fucking love this. I truly truly do. All you people that wanted vanilla now want vanilla BUT x thing has to change for you to play it. Hilarious stuff.
    That's not the case at all, but since they most likely are going to have to rebuild vanilla using the modern client anyway they might as well use some of the interface improvements where it makes sense instead of going out of their way to recreate an inferior version of a particular function.

The best part of all these purists are that most of these things can be done with addons, and the purists either never played vanilla really and just wanna act cool or actually used them and wanna make a statement on the forums, just to act cool.

Everyone used the mail addon
    Everyone used the questie addon to lvl up alts
    Everyone used atlasloot

Why not just add simple version of them in the game, that you can turn on or off in options?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    As a "purist" this is a change I would not mind.
    If any, you can offset this change by increasing the 30 copper needed per slot used.
    Really not that big of a deal.
    Pretty much.
    If the scope of "changes" is limited to such things, I really, really don't care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    Being fine with a change doesn't mean not being able to live without it.
    I tend to be firmly in the "no change" side, and think that many QoL changes that altered the way we approach the game are what ruined WoW, but the amount of items in mail is certainly not one one of those. That being said, if Blizzard prefers to keep the game strictly Vanilla without this, I'm fine too.