Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronioslo View Post
    do you think we are reaching 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 next expansion?

diablo doesnt even come close to reaching that
    Just as a litte visualization we are in the read part. Which means the game can handle health pools 100 millionen times higher than KJ mythic.

From Archimonde Mythic to KJ Mythic health increased by 43 times. So 4 addons or 8 years would be an increase by 3,4 million times (or 43^4). We would be safe for 8 years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Just as a litte visualization we are in the read part. Which means the game can handle health pools 100 millionen times higher than KJ mythic.

From Archimonde Mythic to KJ Mythic health increased by 43 times. So 4 addons or 8 years would be an increase by 3,4 million times (or 43^4). We would be safe for 8 years.
    Technically yes, but who would like or even distinguish doing dps for 15 septillion while your supposed dps should be 15 duodecillion?

Quote Originally Posted by SealMemeSix View Post
    Someone finally bit.

Today I resubbed after being off for a couple months and had a good lol over hitting mobs for 1.2 mil as a blood dk. Shit's ridiculous yo.
    I'm not trolling, I seriously dislike the numbers squish. For several reasons:

1. Makes you feel weaker. When you could do 10M damage last expansion, and now with twice the gear, you can only do 100k?

2. Makes it hard, or rather, impossible to tell what's a high number. Someone says they did a a 100k crit. Okay? Is that a lot? Low? No one can tell anymore.

3. High numbers is not an issue unless you've got dyscalculia. 100.000.000 can easily be translated to 100M (if you can't keep track of the zeroes, there are addons or are, at least should be, settings that translate 100.000 to 100k 100.000.000 to 100M 1.000.000.000. to 1BN etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    I'm not trolling, I seriously dislike the numbers squish. For several reasons:

1. Makes you feel weaker. When you could do 10M damage last expansion, and now with twice the gear, you can only do 100k?

2. Makes it hard, or rather, impossible to tell what's a high number. Someone says they did a a 100k crit. Okay? Is that a lot? Low? No one can tell anymore.

3. High numbers is not an issue unless you've got dyscalculia. 100.000.000 can easily be translated to 100M (if you can't keep track of the zeroes, there are addons or are, at least should be, settings that translate 100.000 to 100k 100.000.000 to 100M 1.000.000.000. to 1BN etc.
    The problem with such abbreviations is that they aren't universal. The meaning of M's and B's are not the same everywhere. To US people, a billion means a thousand million. To Europeans a billion means a million million.

And let's not even get started with other countries, for example the Chinese notation which uses 10,000 as the unit. So B's and M's are meaningless to them.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The problem with such abbreviations is that they aren't universal. The meaning of M's and B's are not the same everywhere. To US people, a billion means a thousand million. To Europeans a billion means a million million.

And let's not even get started with other countries, for example the Chinese notation which uses 10,000 as the unit. So B's and M's are meaningless to them.
    No, i'm european and 1BN is 1000 x M. Math is logical and universal, 1+1=2 no matter where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    Squishes are one of the worst ideas ever. If I buy the next expansion it will be through tokens.
    You realize they get more money if you do that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Good.

For further reference, players at lvl 110 playing the demo have about 15k HP. The squish was strong.
    So we get to pretend we're playing TBC while they make Classic servers? Sounds awfully fun.

And by awfully fun I mean a pointless waste of developer time and effort appealing to what is essentially players having trouble reading numbers in the hundreds of thousands.

Plus, doing a squish every other expansion totally should be the standard set going forward, not you know. Curbing the exponential loot problem so that ilvl stat increases on the higher end tiers are smaller than ilvl increases at lower tiers. Having 4 difficulties that each vary by 20-30 ilvls each that make an entire tier vary between 50-100 (100 in the extreme) ilvls when compared to every other tier is exactly the problem and mythic (and even heroic) being less statistically ilvl rewarding than LFR essentially slows the crawl.

Look, FFXIV has had 2 expansions now and we are just barely getting into the hundreds of thousands of player health. Blizzard going from tens of thousands one expansion to millions the next and back to tens of thousands is not only jarring, but entirely a problem made up by their inability to structure their game.

Which is great and all, it being their game. I'm still going to call them out on making a product that clearly had plenty of time wasted in it as well as on it.
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-11-24 at 06:43 AM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    No, i'm european and 1BN is 1000 x M. Math is logical and universal, 1+1=2 no matter where you are.
    The abbreviations are not universal. Your country may be 1 billion = 1000 million like the US, but that is not the same with other countries.

The only universal notation would be the scientific notation, but no game I know uses that for their damage representation.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    You realize they get more money if you do that right?
    Blizzard getting more money=/=Blizzard getting more of my money.

Vote with my wallet, but my time is mine.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

1. But you aren't, you are the exact same as before.
    2. Would take less than a week to find out where you are with the squish.
    3. High numbers are an issue for simming, balancing/easier to work with lower numbers & I'd much rather see exact numbers than it saying 100M ect

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    3. High numbers are an issue for simming, balancing/easier to work with lower numbers & I'd much rather see exact numbers than it saying 100M ect
    Yeah... I'll be honest with you, I'm okay with the fact that huge numbers ruin simming. Simming is the most cancerous part about modern raiding and the heavy reliance on it for balancing and tuning content after raids have been released is a huge hamstring on WoW's development in general. It makes their raids among the least launching quality raids among any of their competitors. And don't even get me started on WoW class balance, especially for a game that has fucking public test realms.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    It doesn't matter that it isn't a nerf, it FEELS like a nerf and that's what matters. When something hits for 1,500,000 before and patch and 1,500 after, it FEELS like a huge power decrease.

How something feels matters as much or more then what it actually is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    And by awfully fun I mean a pointless waste of developer time and effort appealing to what is essentially players having trouble reading numbers in the hundreds of thousands.
    Or, it's because unnecessarily large numbers cause unnecessarily large amounts of screen clutter... That's my reason for disliking them.
    Plus, doing a squish every other expansion totally should be the standard set going forward, not you know. Curbing the exponential loot problem so that ilvl stat increases on the higher end tiers are smaller than ilvl increases at lower tiers.
    Stat squish has to be done in order for curbing the problem to do anything... The fact that they are doing another squish tells us they realized they fucked up. Hopefully they get it right this time.

Look, FFXIV has had 2 expansions now and we are just barely getting into the hundreds of thousands of player health.
    Took till WoW's third expansion to break 100k player health.

Blizzard going from tens of thousands one expansion to millions the next and back to tens of thousands is not only jarring, but entirely a problem made up by their inability to structure their game.Which is great and all, it being their game. I'm still going to call them out on making a product that clearly had plenty of time wasted in it as well as on it.
    Yes, I agree with you, but the squish still has to be done before curbing the problem will matter... If they curbed the problem and didn't do a squish we would be gaining unnoticeable amounts of power because they would be adding tiny numbers on top of massive ones.

The squish has to happen first or at the same time, hopefully that is what is happening in BfA... Also, Artifacts were responsible for over half of the damage and health pool inflation this expansion (last time I ran sims and all that was at the time of NH, and even that early on the traits were giving me an increase of ~65% damage and health as a Ret Paladin, it is undoubtedly far more now), and they are gone in BfA, so that's one part of the problem fixed already, assuming they don't go overboard with the Azurite armor stuff.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-24 at 07:22 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Blizzard getting more money=/=Blizzard getting more of my money.

Vote with my wallet, but my time is mine.
    If you are paying for the sub with gold, all you are telling them is you enjoy their game lol.

Doesn't matter where the money comes from, they are getting it. You want to vote with your wallet.. Then don't play the game at all. That has a better impact.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The abbreviations are not universal. Your country may be 1 billion = 1000 million like the US, but that is not the same with other countries.

The only universal notation would be the scientific notation, but no game I know uses that for their damage representation.
    Localisation kind of make the argument moot though. If you're in America or Britian 1B can be 1,000,000,000, elsewhere it can be 1,000,000,000,000 or whatever each individual country shortens it to.

WoW is not set up as a one country fits all game.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsBeard View Post
    If you are paying for the sub with gold, all you are telling them is you enjoy their game lol.

Doesn't matter where the money comes from, they are getting it. You want to vote with your wallet.. Then don't play the game at all. That has a better impact.
    Nah nah, pay the sub, then go to the forums and tell them how much you hate the game.

That'll show them.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It doesn't matter that it isn't a nerf, it FEELS like a nerf and that's what matters. When something hits for 1,500,000 before and patch and 1,500 after, it FEELS like a huge power decrease.

How something feels matters as much or more then what it actually is.
    Oh no what about feelings! Will nobody think about the feelings??!!
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Nice. That was expected.
    Honestly, I expected them to half ass it like they did the past two squishes.

If that's how much they did it though, I'm amazed and glad. It is going to be a heck of a lot easier to balance smaller numbers than bigger number ranges like they have to now.

That aside, the crunch won't really matter if they boost the ilvl insanely as they usually do over the life of an expansion. With the four difficulties (five if you count mythic plus) the boost just gets out of hand and fast. They need to start with Mythic being their guide post of how high they want the gear to increase and work backwards from there. So if they want 100ilvl worth of increase over an expansion, then they can't start at 80 ilvl increase for LFR mode.

Progression at low level? All progression you need while leveling is... Getting levels, stop acting like this is something gamebreaking. You'll still be able to solo old content, mobs will die in same time so what's the problem? If your e-peen got hurt go to Diablo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    Oh no what about feelings! Will nobody think about the feelings??!!
    So then there is no real reason for the stat squish now is there?? as the only reason for a stat squish is feelings...