Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    In this case you're talking about Korean who's annoyed by the fact that some retards appeared in comment section of another Korean's IG acc and started crying about some weird shit.

Given how Korean and many other Asian communities operate you don't need to look for such things, you just end up hearing about them because people end up discussing them in groups like asiansneverdie, 100mosthk or similar groups for Asians of other nationalities.
    It's on other posts too, so much shit you can't even read the normal posts without having to see all this bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Military culture is quite big in America. Those are both awards for combat actions. I think they're considered prestigious.

I'm sure it'd rustled some jimmies at the minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    The Bronze Star Medal is a United States decoration awarded to members of the United States Armed Forces for either heroic achievement, heroic service, meritorious achievement, or meritorious service in a combat zone. The Purple Heart is the medal awarded to members of the Armed Forces who are wounded in combat. The Bronze Star is very prestigious, being the fourth highest honor that you can earn in the US Armed Forces.
    I personally can't see anything wrong with wearing a costume like that.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-11-24 at 05:39 AM.

awww, so cute.

On topic, why do someone care about what children dress up as on halloween? Its a dressup, not a fucking political demonstration.
    SJW's shouldnt be taken seriously, they are angry and resentful children screaming bloody murder at everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    awww, so cute.

On topic, why do someone care about what children dress up as on halloween? Its a dressup, not a fucking political demonstration.
    SJW's shouldnt be taken seriously, they are angry and resentful children screaming bloody murder at everyone.
    She's not a child.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I personally can't see anything wrong with wearing a costume like that.
    You don't have to. That doesn't mean that it wouldn't be offensive.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Fucking retards who are oversensitive.
    Honestly, it's a lot of gay men, too.
    TL;DR some politician wanted to pay homage to the native-indians during the Stampede by dressing up weiner dogs and having them race (look it up) where I live: Calgary, Alberta.
    Some gay dude was like no, you can't dress up dogs like an idian, that's cultural aprop.

Honestly, who gives a fucking fuckity fuck. They are dogs. They are children. Shit, if we're going this route, we better not let whoever plays Pokéhauntus dress up in character either.

When it gets to the point where someone is blatantly making fun of anothers cultures or customs via dress, then maybe ask them to not be a fucking dick. If it's anything else, grow a fuckin' bit of thick skin and move on.

Did it physically harm you? No? I thought so.
    Will your mental state recover from the visual pain it saw? Probably, unless you're a little bitch.

Cultural apropriation is complete shit, and only weak-minded-thin-skinned crybabies will be offended.
    IE: SJW's, over-sensitive retards with safe spaces and pronouns, and etc.
    Tumblrites.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

To add to that, just because you find it offensive doesn't mean others need to change their ways or that it's racist. It's your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    To add to that, just because you find it offensive doesn't mean others need to change their ways or that it's racist. It's your opinion.
    Well, the example of the medals wouldn't be racist, no. And I don't even think that the eagle feathers thing is "racist" so much as incredibly disrespectful. It's an ignorance thing, not a hate thing.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Everything is "offensive" nowadays. Even paying homage to your own culture is apparently "offensive" it's just people looking for excuses to cry and moan about things, making people feel bad because they feel bad about their own miserable uninteresting lives (in my opinion)

Everything is offensive, everything is racist and everything is discriminatory; in short, do not have fun because fun is offensive!

As I have always seen it: being offended is a problem of the other person, not the people being branded as being offensive. A lot of things I find humorous is "offensive" to people, not my problem they are offended by it. *shrug*
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the example of the medals wouldn't be racist, no. And I don't even think that the eagle feathers thing is "racist" so much as incredibly disrespectful. It's an ignorance thing, not a hate thing.
    Wrong, it's just a thing, neither ignorant nor disrespectful.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wrong, it's just a thing, neither ignorant nor disrespectful.
    I think I already explained why many, if not most, Native Americans see it as disrespectful. I suppose I assumed "ignorance" as the motive, as most people wouldn't deliberately engage in behavior that was blatantly disrespectful to someone else's religious beliefs. Most people.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    This is 2017 ok! If you're not getting outraged at something you're not part of the cool club!

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    This is 2017 ok! If you're not getting outraged at something you're not part of the cool club!
    Don't worry, if Halloween costumes don't outrage you you can always be outraged that other people are outraged about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I already explained why many, if not most, Native Americans see it as disrespectful. I suppose I assumed "ignorance" as the motive, as most people wouldn't deliberately engage in behavior that was blatantly disrespectful to someone else's religious beliefs. Most people.
    It doesn't matter why stupid people see this as disrespectful. They are stupid and should be ignoranced.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

It does exist, but it gets so widely misused by people that it's all but lost it's meaning, and specifically in the Anglo-Sphere/English speaking countries. Am I appropriating/disrespecting African American culture by listening to Cab Calloway? No. If I smeared black paint over my face, applied a liberal amount of lipstick and went around going "OOGA BOOGAH WHERE THE WHIT WIMINZ AT BIX NOOD" would it be appropriating/offensive? Most probably yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    When you think about it, calling yourself an American and then something else is a pretty large part of the problem too, if not downright treasonous. We should not teach children that we are African-Americans, Native-Americans, Italian Americans, Asian-Americans, Greek-Americans. etc. We're all ultimately Americans and setting a distinction like that is a great way to give preferential treatment to a specific group and thus cause the issue that we actually deal with in this country where it deals with race relations.

The greatest thing about the US and it's culture is and always has been that any Immigrant who willingly comes and integrates into the US, it's Culture and it's language is considered by it's laws an American. Denying anyone who does that their rights is vile. So really Cultural Appropriation is a ridiculous concept, doubly so in the USA. We're simply drawing off the many ingredients that make us what we are.

So I say: "To hell with haters and racists, let the girl be an Indian. She looks amazing as one."

When we gave people the ability to silence others because their feelings got hurt and started to give a shit what they think. Talk common sense long enough around here and you'll meet a couple of them. But be advised you may get some brain damage from the encounter. (Crushing) Critical variety.
    The hyphenated American has been one of the worst disasters to our society.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-11-24 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Quoted someone

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    It does exist, but it gets so widely misused by people that it's all but lost it's meaning, and specifically in the Anglo-Sphere/English speaking countries. Am I appropriating/disrespecting African American culture by listening to Cab Calloway? No. If I smeared black paint over my face, applied a liberal amount of lipstick and went around going "OOGA BOOGAH WHERE THE WHIT WIMINZ AT BIX NOOD" would it be appropriating/offensive? Most probably yes.
    I don't actually think black face should be considered offensive either. Most black people that get enraged about it are targeting people who aren't even trying to be racist. If they keep on making a fuss over it, ironically they themselves are going to make it so it's always going to be a stain on their race and a reminder of the racist past. Rather than just leaving it be and letting it grow forgotten.

the whole idea of cultural appropriation is idiotic. anyone that screams about it should die a fiery death. well not die, but at least suffer a bit.

but i mean, at least she's a mongoloid like actual native americans.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-11-24 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I'm partially Indian and i goddamn LOVE IT when i see Foreigners mimicking or wearing traditional indian clothes and other aesthetics.

Symmetra, Agni and Kali in games? yes please!

Unless the action is meant to mock or belittle, then go right ahead. Culture should be shared. None of this cultural exclusivity shit.
    I was flipping through the boob tube the other day and saw "The Problem with Apu" on TruTV*, just curious about what you(And other Indian MMOCers) think about Apu from the Simpsons?
    *Then again it's the channel that gave some mutated fusion between Carl the Cuck and Aids Skrillex a show of their own.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2017-11-24 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Added a line

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Pretty sure that Koreans have never subjugated or oppressed Native Americans, which means there is no cultural dominance, which means that cultural appropriation doesn't apply.

Just like a Canadian dressing up as Crocodile Dundee or a Leprechaun isn't cultural appropriation.
    Neither did any of the people alive today or their parents or their parents parents or their parents parents parents.

How bout you stop feeling sorry for something that happened 500 fucking years ago and go fix your country thats been sinking for years now.
    Last edited by mmoc8b9477f07c; 2017-11-24 at 08:53 AM.

It seems like a specific minority of people actually getting upset, this'll never be mainstream considering how rage inducing it is. Fuck 'em.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I think you don't know what right-wing actually is. I voted for Moon Jae-in in the presidential elections and I support Minjoo, so drop the bullshit.
    You understand that your left/right is different than in other nations/regions, right? It's not a universal concept.

This is one of those clear-cut cases of offense being taken, not given. Ironically, most of the people up in arms about this aren't even Native American.

I think I already explained why many, if not most, Native Americans see it as disrespectful.
    Few actually do. This is just another virtue signal-based assumption on the part of people who don't know any better. Most Native Americans are intelligent enough to not actually give a shit.