Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Do we REALLY need this re-"confirmed" every expansion?

That has been their plan for new expansions for years and we have no reason to believe it won't be for the forseeable future.
    Yes, we need it discussed and re-confirmed constantly until Blizzard stops trying to avoid the issue, and mislead players into chasing the unlock when flying isn't actually being used to make the game better.

On the other hand I wish they'd implement a "QQMaster" achievement that you need to unlock before you can QQ about flying on the forums.
    And you'd be the first to get it for complaining about other people having a discussion.

Seriously, if you don't like what's being talked about, then stay out of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And you'd be the first to get it for complaining about other people having a discussion.

Seriously, if you don't like what's being talked about, then stay out of the thread.
    Don't you think you're taking this whole thing a bit too seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Do we REALLY need this re-"confirmed" every expansion?

That has been their plan for new expansions for years and we have no reason to believe it won't be for the forseeable future.
    If you didn't notice this thread was created by a gloating anti-flyer who was just dying to stick it to the pro-flyers.

Don't you think you're taking this whole thing a bit too seriously?
    God forbid people talk about the things they like to enjoy in their free time. Maybe you should consider taking your fun more seriously instead of getting upset when other people do the same.

Fuck me. I never understand people. It's like all they want to do is piss in someone else's cheerios and laugh about it.

It'd be nice if there wasn't a massive grind for it, because currently you don't just master the land - You start to get sick of it. I think it's perfectly fine to ground people for the leveling experience, and maybe even a bit after max but it wears on you after awhile. What makes it worse is that you feel obligated to hold off playing alts due to rep grinds, so you're grounded to one character until much later.

Maybe you should consider taking your fun more seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    It'd be nice if there wasn't a massive grind for it, because currently you don't just master the land - You start to get sick of it. I think it's perfectly fine to ground people for the leveling experience, and maybe even a bit after max but it wears on you after awhile. What makes it worse is that you feel obligated to hold off playing alts due to rep grinds, so you're grounded to one character until much later.
    Exactly. I am fine with most achievements because I would be doing these anyway (explorer, loremaster, reputations), but I don't think that their composition of Pathfinder is right. Reputations don't belong to some kind of discovery and storytelling, beside Loremaster, which already is included in the exploration theme. Completing WQs is a stupid grind, because all these quests are nothing more than repetition of quests you already done with Loremaster.

The biggest problem is the delay. You finish the achievement, you get the reward. Not waiting half a year or more for a second part and whatever else. How would these fuckers like to get their salaries only at the point when the expansion is completed and the new one launches?

trolling
    So the entire point of your last 3 posts was to come into the thread, complain about other people discussing something, then post a meme when you get called on your bullshit.

If you want a reason why games and the community aren't in a better spot, go look in the mirror. :/

So the entire point of your last 3 posts was to come into the thread, complain about other people discussing something, then post a meme when you get called on your bullshit.

If you want a reason why games and the community aren't in a better spot, go look in the mirror. :/
    Because I said you should calm down and listen to some soothing ocean noises for a while? Yeah that's the problem with game communities, too much chill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how they have done flying. I love flying so i dont want to see it go..but the way they have done it since WoD gives me a challenge that I enjoy doing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So the flight licence wont exist anymore and everyone will be grounded? or just grounded for levels 110-120?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyana View Post
    I like how they have done flying. I love flying so i dont want to see it go..but the way they have done it since WoD gives me a challenge that I enjoy doing.
    That 8 month waiting challenge. So immerse. Many difficult. Such enjoy.

Let me ask you this: Wouldn't it be better if the unlock of flying was actually tied to the story of the zones, and was available when you completed the objectives instead of being forced to wait 8 months for no reason?

Deleted
    no-flight is just content- and sub-stretching.
    there is no aesthetical, no gameplay, no design reason for no-flight.

before pathfinder daily emissary ca 20min, post <10. design-wise there is no real difference, the topology of Argus allows for flight too without trivializing content (which is done by ilvl anyways), cuz mob densitiy, caves and gliders (we already fly on Argus).
    i dont see any reason to waste my time riding instead of enjoying the real content, world is just scenery, pve/pvp/lore is the real, main content

10+ Year Old Account
    That 8 month waiting challenge. So immerse. Many difficult. Such enjoy.

Let me ask you this: Wouldn't it be better if the unlock of flying was actually tied to the story of the zones, and was available when you completed the objectives instead of being forced to wait 8 months for no reason?
    Considering I actually go and do achievements instead of sitting around in SW or where all day the waiting doesn't bother me at all.

Delete flying entirely, the easy way out. Flying was one of the massive mistakes they have ever made, time to get rid of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is every expansion going to have one of threads?

Shall we reserve the 9.0 - No flying confirmed? And 'Blizzard just confirmed no flying in 10.0' threads now?

They were going to nuke flying entirely. They were very happy to do so. That is what they really wanted to do.

This is not only a compromise, but it's a compromise they've gone grown increasingly keen on as time goes back. They almost glow when they discuss their flying compromise.

This isn't going to change.

We will fly in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras eventually. Just accept the non flying part of the game and let it go at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

Shall we reserve the 9.0 - No flying confirmed? And 'Blizzard just confirmed no flying in 10.0' threads now?

They were going to nuke flying entirely. They were very happy to do so. That is what they really wanted to do.

This is not only a compromise, but it's a compromise they've gone grown increasingly keen on as time goes back. They almost glow when they discuss their flying compromise.

We will fly in Zandalar and Kul'Tiras eventually. Just accept the non flying part of the game and let it go at that.
    Don't forget the no Flying in patch X.3 confirmed threads when stuff like IoT, TI or argus happen, lul.

As a pro-flying person, I don't mind being grounded for a few months, be it either at the beginning or the end of an expansion.

Can we just save time and consolidate all this shit into a "No flying confirmed for X.0, where X>=6"

I have made it pretty clear I am not a fan of flight being locked behind some "achievement" that can be completed at a later date.

I will concede there is some merit to be had delaying flight, but by the time the first content patch comes around that merrit is lost.

I will be watching this closely as BFA hasn't really piqued my interest much anyhow, if it seems likely flight isn't coming much sooner then it did in Legion I will probably take a pass.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post

I am not fan of flying in general, but I see one issue with current approach. WotLK zones were build for flying and these zones felt like that. These huge mountains ranges, sheer size of zones, when you fly around these zones, you can feel it this is it, this is how these zones are meant to be played. But since they decided zones should not be designed around flying, scape changes drastically and now, when you finally get your flying unlocked, it doesn't feel right. You see that zone is designed to be played on foot, flying just shrink the space, you are traversing faster but it is not same like where you were flying around WotLK zones (or even cata zones). And I honestly miss that feeling.

So Maybe they should rethink their approach, maybe some zones just should be designed around flying or just force on foot gameplay in some zones but allow flying in others from the beginning. Because current approach and zone design is not doing flying any justice.