View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    The silent majority, you know the winners of the referendum, are just sitting quietly with great satisfaction counting down the days until the EU crash out over the cliff without any Brexit deal with one of the richest countries in the world.
    Extreme projection there? The EU is already operating as if the UK already left.

The EU is making some rather big changes to Subsidy calculations.

These are:

- Using other countries as points of comparison in case the subsidies affect domestic markets.

- Taking into account social and environmental standards when it comes to choosing the country of comparison.

From the horse's mouth:

corresponding costs of production and sale in an appropriate
    representative country with a similar level of economic development as
    the exporting country, provided the relevant data are readily available;
    where there is more than one such country, preference shall be given,
    where appropriate, to countries with an adequate level of social and
    environmental protection;

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Extreme projection there? The EU is already operating as if the UK already left.
    It's Dribbles. He is not projecting, he already lives in an alternate reality where Britain is conquering Europe by force for food.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    It's Dribbles. He is not projecting, he already lives in an alternate reality where Britain is conquering Europe by force for food.
    or, he just play the role of a hardcore brexiters, and having so much fun he can't stop. Maybe one day, he will admit having trolled the MMOC forum for so long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well how about some European humility and gratitude then? So many times Britain has rescued Europe, given them liberties and wealth that once they could only dream of. Brexit is another example of granting freedoms to the continent, now they get to row their own boat, create their army, federal German led (if Germany ever forms a government lol) EU superstate, straight as they like bananas, dirty flea ridden flooring because of too feeble vacuum cleaners...the list goes on and on of such wondrous things Brexit will gift to Europe.

Honestly if dictatorial Britons have held Europe back for so long, why aren't Europeans celebrating Brexit like I am? They should be embracing it, rejoicing in the streets that now freed from their controlling British masters, self determination and liberation beckons.

Instead they are whining on the interweb, the ungrateful sods having been granted emancipation by their British superiors are unbelievable, it just beggars belief.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Deleted
    Well how about some European humility and gratitude then?
    The silent majority, you know the winners of the referendum, are just sitting quietly with great satisfaction counting down the days until the EU crash out over the cliff without any Brexit deal with one of the richest countries in the world.
    Instead they are whining on the interweb, the ungrateful sods having been granted emancipation by their British superiors are unbelievable, it just beggars belief.
    Humility and gratitude, eh?
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-11-24 at 12:12 PM.

Deleted
    Well how about some European humility and gratitude then? So many times Britain has rescued Europe,
    Zero - Zero times, that's the answer to that question.

Well how about some European humility and gratitude then? So many times Britain has rescued Europe, given them liberties and wealth that once they could only dream of. Brexit is another example of granting freedoms to the continent, now they get to row their own boat, create their army, federal German led (if Germany ever forms a government lol) EU superstate, straight as they like bananas, dirty flea ridden flooring because of too feeble vacuum cleaners...the list goes on and on of such wondrous things Brexit will gift to Europe.

Honestly if dictatorial Britons have held Europe back for so long, why aren't Europeans celebrating Brexit like I am? They should be embracing it, rejoicing in the streets that now freed from their controlling British masters, self determination and liberation beckons.

Well, you don't really see me whining about Brexit or anything, do you? If Britain wants to leave, that is their choice. I just want this to be over with. I mean, I personally would rather they stay, but only because I got quite a few friends in and from Britain that might be harder to visit later. I like Britons in general. The thing is though that Brexiteers tend to see Europeans as the enemy and treat them like that, so you can't really complain about them not being in a good mood about it. Plus, Brexiteers, like hardcore Trump supporters, tend to spread misinformation or slanted information, which I tend to try and correct. But whining? Nah. We're all adults here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Pretty much, yes. Which makes his post rather amusing, really.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, you don't really see me whining about Brexit or anything, do you? If Britain wants to leave, that is their choice. I just want this to be over with. I mean, I personally would rather they stay, but only because I got quite a few friends in and from Britain that might be harder to visit later. I like Britons in general. The thing is though that Brexiteers tend to see Europeans as the enemy and treat them like that, so you can't really complain about them not being in a good mood about it. Plus, Brexiteers, like hardcore Trump supporters, tend to spread misinformation or slanted information, which I tend to try and correct. But whining? Nah. We're all adults here.
    Well then I am afraid you are very much the exception to the rule, this forum being almost exclusively full of whining Europeans all over Brexit topics like a bad rash moaning away at Brexiteers and Britain. It's even got so bad that when there are no Brexit topics up they just, like the OP of this one, create their own.

The trouble is that the vast majority of Europeans mithering away here about Brexit struggle with the concept of democracy such that when more than half the people vote for something, they can't accept that the will of the people in that democratic society must be done.

Ironic really when in a major EU country right now some old woman is scurrying around, weeks after an election for about the fourth time I think, desperately picking at the bones of a potential parliament coalition in order that she might lead even when she only got a quarter of the vote. Somehow in a strange warped kind of European way that has democratic legitimacy, yet the Brexit vote does not. Don't they realise how unedifying and distasteful that looks when trying to lecture the world about their Brexit obsession?

Really they should just get out more, go for a European celebratory drink about how their British masters via Brexit have ,/sigh once again, gifted them their freedoms to do exactly how they please, untethered by those cruel British chains that have held them back for so many years.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well then I am afraid you are very much the exception to the rule, this forum being almost exclusively full of whining Europeans all over Brexit topics like a bad rash moaning away at Brexiteers and Britain. It's even got so bad that when there are no Brexit topics up they just, like the OP of this one, create their own.

The trouble is that the vast majority of Europeans mithering away here about Brexit struggle with the concept of democracy such that when more than half the people vote for something, they can't accept that the will of the people in that democratic society must be done.

Ironic really when in a major EU country right now some old woman is scurrying around, weeks after an election for about the fourth time I think, desperately picking at the bones of a potential parliament coalition in order that she might lead even when she only got a quarter of the vote. Somehow in a strange warped kind of European way that has democratic legitimacy, yet the Brexit vote does not. Don't they realise how unedifying and distasteful that looks when trying to lecture the world about their Brexit obsession?

Really they should just get out more, go for a European celebratory drink about how their British masters via Brexit have ,/sigh once again, gifted them their freedoms to do exactly how they please, untethered by those cruel British chains that have held them back for so many years.
    well this is a discussion forum, so people discusses, not whines.

Nobody stops you from leaving. You were entirely free to trigger article 50 at your convenience. And you did, now the door's that way. Oh, but wait, you also wants a trade deal on your way out. Sure, we can can make a deal, pay up what you owe us before.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    well this is a discussion forum, so people discusses, not whines.

Nobody stops you from leaving. You were entirely free to trigger article 50 at your convenience. And you did, now the door's that way. Oh, but wait, you also wants a trade deal on your way out. Sure, we can can make a deal, pay up what you owe us before.
    Ah, I can see how this is going to fail. See, you're making the mistake of thinking he lives in the same world as you do. Let me save you some time: He's not.

In his world, the EU absolutely depends on the UK, and only the UK to survive. We'll literally starve next week if the UK pulls out now. Not only that, we in the EU actually agree with everything Brexit. We're just too prideful and want to punish the UK, literally because Germany owns the whole of the EU and wants to get payback for WW2. I shit you not, that is what his world looks like. But it doesn't stop there. Not only does Germany want revenge, the UK is actually saving Europe from Germany's Empire 2.0 by leaving, thus making everyone - including the Germans - starve and so everyone is saved. Albeit a bit dead.

Now, there are a few kinks in that logic, but that's the gist of it.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Ah, I can see how this is going to fail. See, you're making the mistake of thinking he lives in the same world as you do. Let me save you some time: He's not.

In his world, the EU absolutely depends on the UK, and only the UK to survive. We'll literally starve next week if the UK pulls out now. Not only that, we in the EU actually agree with everything Brexit. We're just too prideful and want to punish the UK, literally because Germany owns the whole of the EU and wants to get payback for WW2. I shit you not, that is what his world looks like. But it doesn't stop there. Not only does Germany want revenge, the UK is actually saving Europe from Germany's Empire 2.0 by leaving, thus making everyone - including the Germans - starve and so everyone is saved. Albeit a bit dead.

Now, there are a few kinks in that logic, but that's the gist of it.
    You forgot strong and stable and austrians elected nazis, but apart from that spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Why haven't you left yet?
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ten days to crack Brexit deal, EU tells May

that's the present Tick Tock Dribbles should worry about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Ten days to crack Brexit deal, EU tells May

that's the present Tick Tock Dribbles should worry about.
    Time is very much on the UK side my eurochum, not so much the deluded EU side.

In 1980 the EU had 30% of global trade, it's why we joined in the first place. With that projected to have fallen to less than 10% by 2050 it is why the EU doesn't matter any more to us. Yet in the meantime UK could remain a top 10 global economy in 2050, despite Brexit

You see? Time can tick tock happily away as Brexit Britain takes advantage of new emerging global conditions whilst the aging EU shrinks into protectionist obscurity.

489 days 10 hours to independence day. Let the clock tick tock and the new British prosperity begin to flow.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Your goal is top 10 when you were top 5 some months ago ? ok, have fun with your seat in the rear ...

These whole "negotiations" have been a farce since Day 1 and the conclusion will be the UK leaving without any sort of deal and losing things like docking rights and share flight space. From the very beginning it has been about the UK voters wanting all of the benefits of the single market but paying even less for a membership fee and having FOM for Britons only. At this point they are just wasting our time and us theirs. If I had it my way the following Brexit meeting would be the last and the UK would be told to start building customs infrastructure.

As for the divorce payment, there are international arbitrage courts for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    These whole "negotiations" have been a farce since Day 1 and the conclusion will be the UK leaving without any sort of deal and losing things like docking rights and share flight space. From the very beginning it has been about the UK voters wanting all of the benefits of the single market but paying even less for a membership fee and having FOM for Britons only. At this point they are just wasting our time and us theirs. If I had it my way the following Brexit meeting would be the last and the UK would be told to start building customs infrastructure.

As for the divorce payment, there are international arbitrage courts for that.
    What would be the legal petition to the court be? It is already well established there is no legal basis for any divorce payment from the UK to the EU whatsoever.

What would be the legal petition to the court be? It is already well established there is no legal basis for any divorce payment from the UK to the EU whatsoever.
    That's why advise arbitration - you want to pay nothing, we want you to pay for everything that you have signed up. This is unworkable.