If that helps get a little more picture on the current patch, that's 1 hour in game footage. Can see where extra attention will need adding later on, some parts id still like fixing and improving upon. But it is definitely not as bad as some posters in this forum make it out to be.

Been avoiding commenting in this sub for awhile now since a few of the users here have become fanatical on both sides and are just ruining this sub for others like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    I suspect that's the reason you are here, reddit, frontier forum, mmorpg forum, and most of the commentary sections of any article about Star Citizen spilling bullshit Ad nauseam. You seem obsessed with the failure of Star Citizen, and envious by seeing it go and go, that seems to make you really really frustrated...
    There's a name for that I think it's the TallPoppySyndrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUddm0S3LRI

Sorry to say (no I'm not really) but it's about to get worse, much worse.
    there's a name for this too - fanboy, apologist, etc
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post

If that helps get a little more picture on the current patch, that's 1 hour in game footage. Can see where extra attention will need adding later on, some parts id still like fixing and improving upon. But it is definitely not as bad as some posters in this forum make it out to be.

Been avoiding commenting in this sub for awhile now since a few of the users here have become fanatical on both sides and are just ruining this sub for others like myself.
    Looks like the game is trying too hard to be good personally. Which is a major flaw of Kickstarted games. It can have all the whistles and bells it wants and be bloated to hell on launch. Doesn't necessarily make a great game. And minus all the bugs from that video the game still looks meh. Nothing really "groundbreaking" about it at all.

A great game has great gameplay, good graphics for it's audience (eg Cuphead aims it's graphics at a 1930s cartoon style whereas Witcher aims for high quality), decent soundtrack is a plus for me, actual content in the case of online games and if it's story driven then a great story.

A bonus for a game is generating hype. All this does is generate hype in it's own pocket space of the official forums. A few sites here and there report on it but nothing major and the Reddit itself is in an ok spot. However the consistent delays have led to people refunding it and I cannot blame them. 3.0 should have been in testing ages ago. Hell there is an entire Reddit page dedicated to refunding this game.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-24 at 11:40 AM.

Dude the game is still being made >< ofc this isn't the final iteration yet you seem to be judging it like this is the final product... its still a few years out from ever being finished and by then who knows what the finished game play or graphical effects may end up like once polished up.

FYI i know a few people have refunded but be careful which stories you quote on, some of the big refunds ave since been found to be faked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Looks like the game is trying too hard to be good personally. Which is a major flaw of Kickstarted games. It can have all the whistles and bells it wants and be bloated to hell on launch. Doesn't necessarily make a great game. And minus all the bugs from that video the game still looks meh. Nothing really "groundbreaking" about it at all.

A great game has great gameplay, good graphics for it's audience (eg Cuphead aims it's graphics at a 1930s cartoon style whereas Witcher aims for high quality), decent soundtrack is a plus for me, actual content in the case of online games and if it's story driven then a great story.

A bonus for a game is generating hype. All this does is generate hype in it's own pocket space of the official forums. A few sites here and there report on it but nothing major and the Reddit itself is in an ok spot. However the consistent delays have led to people refunding it and I cannot blame them. 3.0 should have been in testing ages ago. Hell there is an entire Reddit page dedicated to refunding this game.
    It's not really a good thing jusdging the gameplay whenthe game is still being made. They have the tech in place, they will add the missions, etc.
    Also this is mostly a sandbox MMO, so if you want Witcher type hand holding gameplay you'll be disappointed. Squadron 42 will be the story driven portion.

As for Sandbox it's partly for the players to find their fun...for example i landed on the Yela near a station, watched the sunset(it looked awesome), then flew a few kms away landed there to check something, but landed on a rock, and my ship overturned. I had to walk 4.5 kms back to the station alone, at night, on an alien moon. Seen some ships passing above me, but sadly they couldn't see me, but i made it back finally at the end.

For some people this sounds boring, especially in writing, but the atmosphere was awesome, the sounds, the night sky, sometimes it was creepy, almost fell from a cliff, a good experience overall.
    Last edited by Malibutomi; 2017-11-24 at 12:34 PM.

Dude the game is still being made >< ofc this isn't the final iteration yet you seem to be judging it like this is the final product... its still a few years out from ever being finished and by then who knows what the finished game play or graphical effects may end up like once polished up.

FYI i know a few people have refunded but be careful which stories you quote on, some of the big refunds ave since been found to be faked.
    Not judging it based on the final product at all. I'm judging it based on every past Kickstarted project that claims to be "groundbreaking". This is not groundbreaking.

Which is why I said minus the bugs. I'm aware of the state with the bugs. But that game just looks like the countless other Kickstarted games I've seen. In which it will show all it's whistles and bells but deliver on a poor standard.

Stop using the "still being made" excuse as well. Nobody here is judging the game based solely off the product. They are basing their critique off factors such as consistent delays and the developers themselves.

This game should have at least been in 3.0 ages ago. And unless there is a major overhaul of graphical fidelity by the time it is out it's safe to say that is close to the current engine. Which would be stupid because it would delay the game until 2028.

I don't give a damn if an Alpha/Beta has bugs. That's common among every single game development and I wouldn't fault this for having them. To me this game is overhyped by it's already niche community, consistently delayed and a case of "it looks too good to be true". Maybe and just maybe when this game eventually releases it will set the world alight. But right now the hype really is nonexistant.

Twitch while NOT a huge metric showed at least 3-9k views when I looked at prime times. Twitch coverage would be a big thing for this game and yet it isn't. Where are the big streamers for this game? Why do they have no interest? Why is CiG not reaching out to them to generate more interest?

As for refunds. Yes I've seen some fake ones but that Reddit alone has a good majority of honest ones. Which again I cannot fault them.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-24 at 12:43 PM.

Twitch while NOT a huge metric showed at least 3-9k views when I looked at prime times. Twitch coverage would be a big thing for this game and yet it isn't. Where are the big streamers for this game? Why do they have no interest? Why is CiG not reaching out to them to generate more interest?
    Seeing that Evocati has been under NDA, and they just allowed players into the PTU this week, a small number of players at that, why would you expect more on Twitch? By your own wording, 3.0 should have been out a long time ago, and on that I agree with. So why would you expect a huge number of people to be streaming a year-and-a-half old build with very little to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    Seeing that Evocati has been under NDA, and they just allowed players into the PTU this week, a small number of players at that, why would you expect more on Twitch? By your own wording, 3.0 should have been out a long time ago, and on that I agree with. So why would you expect a huge number of people to be streaming a year-and-a-half old build with very little to do?
    You are absolutely right. Which is why I asked why didn't CiG themselves reach out to some big streamers and give them some incentive to promote the game?

Would make a lot of sense since the big names have a following no matter what they play. Even if it just lasts a few days it's coverage. Which this game really needs among other things.

You are absolutely right. Which is why I asked why didn't CiG themselves reach out to some big streamers and give them some incentive to promote the game?

Would make a lot of sense since the big names have a following no matter what they play. Even if it just lasts a few days it's coverage. Which this game really needs among other things.
    They can do taht when the game is close to finished.

Dude the game is still being made ><
    Still being the keyword.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

wait, wait, wait...let me get this straight, you think that CIG needs help getting publicity for the game on Twitch? dude please, just stop. first Twitch views are a very poor metric (as many gamers just want to watch a completed and fully released title, especially if the game is complex) but let's roll with your metric, Star Citizen is a game ONLY IN ALPHA with those 3-9k viewers which was getting more views than all the other fully released and early access space sim titles combined, yes that includes E: D. and besides why would CIG want to reach out to big streamers to stream a PTU test build that is still buggy instead of a more stable LIVE release build that will be much less bug ridden, have more features and be more stable instead? there are already big streamers and youtubers that are interested in Star Citizen like LevelCap, MassiveG, Frankie, and others and maybe even Angry Joe (if he decides to stream a game still in early development) that will showcase the live version when it's out.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Still being the keyword.
    Yep. I imagine this game coming out in 2020-2021 at the latest and by then the majority of people will have stopped caring.

Yep. I imagine this game coming out in 2020-2021 at the latest and by then the majority of people will have stopped caring.
    It'll always have this same following, they've dedicated by now far too much to it to give up.

What I predict is that when(if) this game releases and it is every bit as good as it's ever promised, is that these people will actually find out that they don't enjoy the game. What they actually enjoyed was the wait, were the debates, the community that built around it and the hype that gave them that dopamine rush whenever something new was promised/showcased.

And once it's out, they're already all spent, there's nothing left for them in terms of excitement for the game. They play for a while, tell themselves and the others how they're enjoying it yet there's something amiss, some strange feeling that everything is not as they expected, even if the game was up to the highest of standards. And bit by bit they detach themselves from it and remember fondly the times when it was exciting.

The moment it releases they lose something vital they've enjoyed for so long.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It'll always have this same following, they've dedicated by now far too much to it to give up.

What I predict is that when(if) this game releases and it is every bit as good as it's ever promised, is that these people will actually find out that they don't enjoy the game. What they actually enjoyed was the wait, were the debates, the community that built around it and the hype that gave them that dopamine rush whenever something new was promised/showcased.

And once it's out, they're already all spent, there's nothing left for them in terms of excitement for the game. They play for a while, tell themselves and the others how they're enjoying it yet there's something amiss, some strange feeling that everything is not as they expected, even if the game was up to the highest of standards. And bit by bit they detach themselves from it and remember fondly the times when it was exciting.

The moment it releases they lose something vital they've enjoyed for so long.
    Space sims always did seem to me like the kind of game where the concept is almost always more interesting than the finished product. Soaring among the stars in an immersive journey sounds so cool until you realize there's freaking nothing to do in space. Yeah, for fans of exploration it's the bee's knee, the rest of us plebs can grow bored swiftly. I won't buy a game to run cargo around, already did that enough in my youth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Because they don't need it for an alpha build, that's just retarded. I have played games that have been around since 2013 and it took the devs 3 years after hitting a live state for them to reach out to Twitch streamers. Really, people aren't suddenly picking up a game that has been around for a while just because some asshat on with 50k followers on Twitch happens to play it, they pick up games that are complete, and are actually good. So far, SC isn't even close to being done so as to why they'd be pitching an alpha build to Twitch streamers is beyond me. Besides, with over 1 million registered SC accounts, I don't think they need PR right now, everyone registered see's the updates and anyone who follows them on social media see's it too. For a game not even close to beta, they have enough exposure to be successful as soon as they hit live release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Space sims always did seem to me like the kind of game where the concept is almost always more interesting than the finished product. Soaring among the stars in an immersive journey sounds so cool until you realize there's freaking nothing to do in space. Yeah, for fans of exploration it's the bee's knee, the rest of us plebs can grow bored swiftly. I won't buy a game to run cargo around, already did that enough in my youth.
    Yeah, so long as you are occupied or busy doing "something", scanning, mining, building, fighting, repairing, etc., then you're potentially having fun. The challenge will be making the travel time interesting. I'm hoping multi-crew ships have enough things to do on them to keep a crew occupied during this down time. If you're solo, I guess that's when you bio, snack and/or beer, smoke, w/e.

I've been playing on the PTU and tonight I smashed into the dark side of a planet at full speed as I couldn't see a thing. Luckily ship damage seems to be turned off at the moment as I recovered from the collision without a scratch. Also there's still nothing like being able to get up out of the pilots chair while hurtling through space at a terrific speed and wander around your ship. Probably the most immersive thing in a game outside of VR.

Yeah, so long as you are occupied or busy doing "something", scanning, mining, building, fighting, repairing, etc., then you're potentially having fun. The challenge will be making the travel time interesting. I'm hoping multi-crew ships have enough things to do on them to keep a crew occupied during this down time. If you're solo, I guess that's when you bio, snack and/or beer, smoke, w/e.
    They won't. The problem with multicrew is that even everything added together is going to be barely enough to keep one player busy..and it often won't. CIG could add complexity for the sake of complexity but 9 times out of 10, doing so comes at the cost of "fun". A lot of the gameplay ideas CIG has touted sound fun, but if you think about them and see how similar systems have been recieved in other games, you might realise why such mechanics aren't in much use anymore.
    Last edited by KyrtF; 2017-11-25 at 05:46 AM.

Looks like the game is trying too hard to be good personally.
    That's the dumbest overreach I've ever heard. Especially after watching incredible footage like that. Christ, what is wrong with you man? Is the part of your brain that appreciates stuff broken or something? Seriously, it's time to take a break from the interwebs and get some fresh air to clean off some of that bitterness and cynicism.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2017-11-25 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    That's the dumbest overreach I've ever heard. Especially after watching incredible footage like that. Christ, what is wrong with you man? Is the part of your brain that appreciates stuff broken or something? Seriously, it's time to take a break from the interwebs and get some fresh air to clean off some of that bitterness and cynicism.
    No it's really not. A game can look as good as it wants and have all the whistles and bells it wants and still turn out garbage. It's called feature bloat. A common downfall of quite a few games. As is going down the road of "great graphics make a great game".

That footage is not "incredible" or "groundbreaking" at all. It's mediocre at best and overhyped. This is not a revolutionary game because it has a few new features.

But I know... Star Citizen is/will be (when it releases in 2024) the greatest gift to mankind and will change the world right? Because I haven't read that countless times in this thread from a specific set of people who claim actual critique is "bitterness".

But since it's clear where your opinion lies and you are fully entitled to said opinion however I'm not wasting further time debating it. Because it's a clearly biased one. Especially when you ignore the fact that I've stated multiple times the game has potential. Just that it really isn't showing it right now.

- - - Updated - - -

And the issue with that then is you create a complexity issue or possible feature bloat where a feature is just there for the sake of it or a time sink. Not healthy design imo.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-11-25 at 01:17 AM.