Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

aww yisssssssss
    (taken from reddit)

Only 2 copies of Sonic forces left is just a fucking insult to EA.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    How is that a logical fallacy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Are you a lawmaker/government now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    It is only a fallacy if he is attacking you instead of the argument or credentials. Because he is not attacking your character only questioning your credentials when compared to others credentials he is asking a legitimate question.
    It was an appeal to authority. He has no argument of his own. And lawmakers are not authority in this matter. They can make laws but a law is not an absolute truth.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

aww yisssssssss
    (taken from reddit)

Only 2 copies of Sonic forces left is just a fucking insult to EA.
    I dont even understand how a company like EA can even keep existing if they are so bad at marketing. BF1 sold a ton, but everybody complained about how empty and shit it was. On PC one week into the game release the servers had under a thousand people playing most of the time. AKA people said fuck it by. On Xbox the game never got past 5000 people online quickly. It pretty much failed as a multiplayer game and its all it was. Did they really expect a sequel to sell more or as well after the first game death so fast? They even found a way to make the game even less attractive with a stupid microtransaction model? That was supposed to bring sells up?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...way-to-credits
    (images and all in the link)

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 players are using elastic bands to cheat their way to credits
    It's no secret it's difficult to grind for credits in Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - it's a big part of why so many players were angry at EA implementing paid loot boxes. But several crafty players have found ways to cheat the system, with one trick involving a simple rubber band.

Reddit user Lowberg threw down the gauntlet when he created a "progression droid" (a robot) to "unskillfully collect credits". The elaborate creation uses what look like lollipop sticks to press buttons and move the character around, allowing them to gain credits from a match without actually taking part and without being kicked from the game for being AFK.
    But fellow reddit user F0ngen proved there's actually a much simpler way to cheat your way to credits, using a couple of classic rubber bands. F0ngen showed that by attaching a rubber band around each toggle stick and securing its placement to the back of the controller, it actually does the same as Lowberg's robot by keeping the character moving and avoiding being booted as AFK.
    The rubber band trick is an age-old classic used in games such as Oblivion to quickly improve a character's athletics skill. In Battlefront 2, the practice quickly builds the number of credits players have to make in-game purchases with, without having to even physically compete in any matches.

Even though it's creative, the practice is skill cheating and unfair to your fellow players - so we don't recommend trying this at home.
    How long until EA nerf's rubber bands.......
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    That awkward moment where I can say that Ubisoft have been good bois this year compared to their usual contemporaries in EA and Activision

won E3 by jjust letting devs talk
    mario+rabbids because its not a bad game and many like it
    Assassins Creed Origins is a good game, but has loot boxes, but seems to have never become a big deal for some reason
    South Park... nuff said
    Rainbow 6 siege got the love and support it needed
    Watchdogs 2 was a good game (too bad the first game ruined the franchise)

Ubisoft stayed low this year.... keep an eye on them
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-11-24 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And lawmakers are not authority in this matter.
    Your libertarian view doesn't have any standing until you are elected as an authority. Until then, the elected authorities are the lawmakers (you know, those elected on legislative elections?) and you still have no credentials to attack the lawmakers.

EA tells investors turning off Battlefront 2's microtransactions will not affect earnings

This change is not expected to have a material impact.

Wait i thought they didnt have the revenue to make these games, WHAT THE HELL????!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account

EA got fucked

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Your libertarian view doesn't have any standing until you are elected as an authority. Until then, the elected authorities are the lawmakers (you know, those elected on legislative elections?) and you still have no credentials to attack the lawmakers.
    Selective quoting is another tactic of someone who have lost an argument.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Selective quoting is another tactic of someone who have lost an argument.
    Claiming victory in an argument is a great way for someone who's lost it to try to save face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Claiming victory in an argument is a great way for someone who's lost it to try to save face.
    Parroting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapanth View Post
    It is only a fallacy if he is attacking you instead of the argument or credentials. Because he is not attacking your character only questioning your credentials when compared to others credentials he is asking a legitimate question.
    It's a legimate argument but it's a logical fallacy which can be ok because we do not make judgements based on logic all the time. Sometimes, practical judgement and probability work better.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-24 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    These pictures of a few copies left mean bot all. Always better to have more in stock than the demand, they could have (and probably did) had hundreds of copies available in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by dhpoolie View Post
    These pictures of a few copies left mean bot all. Always better to have more in stock than the demand, they could have (and probably did) had hundreds of copies available in the first place.
    We've gone right back around to tortanic quotes at this point, what a ride.

10+ Year Old Account

....now to wait for EA to lose license .
    Don't sweat the details!!!

While I don't like Battlefront 2, or Battlefront 1 for that matter, I'm not sure games should be judged on astroturfing (or anti-astro turfing ) organized by Youtubers.

BF2 sucks balls. It does not desserve 0.1 on 10.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    While I don't like Battlefront 2, or Battlefront 1 for that matter, I'm not sure games should be judged on astroturfing (or anti-astro turfing ) organized by Youtubers.

The score is less about BF2 and more about EA.

And for EA, that score seems just about right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post

From watching footage, it looks like the only significant thought they put into expanding from battlefront 1 was turning the xp system into a grind to encourage "player choice." I'd give it a 0.1/10 if you can match/surpass it with the first game, making it nothing but a shameless cash grab.

....now to wait for EA to lose license .
    it's going to happen sooner or later. It's really the only thing keeping EA alive is their IPs. They already murdered Mass effect and now it's star wars.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    it's going to happen sooner or later. It's really the only thing keeping EA alive is their IPs. They already murdered Mass effect and now it's star wars.
    What is keeping EA alive is mictrotransactions. They have negledted their IPs for few years now.