Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What would be the alternative? Only sharing the benefits and not the burdens? All the EU members would be duped by the UK if that was the case.

It's only logical the one being bullied is the one standing alone, and not the entire group. Would it be fair for the UK to bully the entire EU instead?
    What are you on about? The EU shouldn't have a monopoly on everything positive that happens on the continent. Cities outside the EU hosted it before, it's not a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The Polish aren't brown
    True, in Europe, the Polish are often hated more than brown people by the ultra-nationalist types. Poles are viewed like America's Mexicans.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    They weren't allowed into the common market because Charles De Gaulle had, for some mysterious reason, the idea that they would try and bugger it all up.

Wise man De Gaulle.
    Yeah, the man that fled his country when it went to shit then took the credit when other countries took it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Yeah, the man that fled his country when it went to shit then took the credit when other countries took it back.
    Not only that, but smugly kicked out NATO, which consisted of nations who lost soldiers liberating them.

I see no problem. The hosts need to be either in EU or members of the European free market via other agreements.

Since UK will not be in the EU and there is no solid idea of their standings in EFTA or EEA after that so better to disqualifity the bids for now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Not only that, but smugly kicked out NATO, which consisted of nations who lost soldiers liberating them.
    With the new EU Army they may have no need for NATO, we need to form the 5 eyes alliance and let the rest go pay Romanians and Bulgarians to form the bulk of the forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    With the new EU Army they may have no need for NATO, we need to form the 5 eyes alliance and let the rest go pay Romanians and Bulgarians to form the bulk of the forces.
    An army is only as useful as the politicians that wield it. I lost hope for most European militaries after reading stories about how they stood by and watched as women and children were systematically murdered in Kosovo while Euro troops stood by and watched.

Deleted
    An army is only as useful as the politicians that wield it. I lost hope for most European militaries after reading stories about how they stood by and watched as women and children were systematically murdered in Kosovo while Euro troops stood by and watched.
    I judge by what I have seen and I was too young for Kosovo, that being said I can count the none 5 eyes country I trust on 1 hand.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    What are you on about? The EU shouldn't have a monopoly on everything positive that happens on the continent. Cities outside the EU hosted it before, it's not a requirement.
    It is a requirement to be either in the EU or be associated with it, like Norway. It's an EU event funded by the EU, organized by the EU. So the EU gets to run it as it sees fit.

How is this so hard to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    It is a requirement to be either in the EU or be associated with it, like Norway. It's an EU event funded by the EU, organized by the EU. So the EU gets to run it as it sees fit.

How is this so hard to grasp?
    It isn't. They're deliberately making shit up as means of keeping their EU hate alive. Add to list of things like "EU won't treat us as super special." types where somehow the EU is supposed to give UK all perks of being in EU but no drawbacks according to many brexit people.

Deleted
    And the French helped make America a Country. Yet the Americans still betryed them in 1798.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Britain left EU not Europe
    Maybe it's been said in 11 pages but

The European Capital of Culture is a city designated by the European Union (EU) for a period of one calendar year during which it organises a series of cultural events with a strong pan-European dimension.

The Commission of the European Union manages the title and each year the Council of Ministers of the European Union formally designates European Capitals of Culture: more than 40 cities have been designated so far.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...tal_of_Culture

An event organised by the EU, it feels normal that the candidate hosting the event are members of the EU. It does not shock me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    But the event is called European Capital of Culture, not EU's Capital of Culture.
    But the event is hosted by the EU. Britain won't be part of the EU, won't be part of the EEA and won't be in ascension talks so it gets disqualified.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Europe should never of been allowed to govern itself after ww2, hell i woulda just let the soviet union control the entire europe, look at the 60,000 strong pro hitler marches in poland, and let alone the yugoslav wars which were caused by europeans wanting to commit yet another genocide. All of this talk about how middle easterners are a violent culture when the past hundreds of years its been europe thats been consistently genocidal and barbaric. Only time there was really peace was when the Soviets and allies were governing them.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yes, cities that were either in the EEA or in ascension talks. Why not hold it jointly in Kiev and Minsk? Those countries need far more exposure and money than the UK.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.