Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Paying for it is instant gratification, and Blizz decided they didn't like it.
    There's a difference between doing the quests and working for it, and being forced to wait over weeks and months of rep grinding for no good reason. Timegates are bullshit, hands down. They don't add any value to the content. They don't somehow magically make you "pay your dues" to get a reward. They exist to stretch content and add to the potential time you have to stay subbed.

The only reason Blizz "decided they didn't like it" is because it's more profitable to make players jump through extra hoops to get the carrot of flying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    LOL.

It's a video game, bud.
    No! Don't you you know!?!? This is an MMOoOoOoOoOooooooOoOooooooooOooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!11!11one! You must grind and spend 200+ hours to get anything, or you're a dirty scrub noob! Don't like it? Then you should quit! And if you don't spent the EXACT same amount of time to get something that I did, then you don't deserve it! SCRUB!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-11-23 at 10:19 PM.

Lol this thread.

Did you find what you were looking for OP? Wich part is it you miss(ed)?

Doing the whole thing myself as a horde now. 5th time all together. Still as good as it was the 1st time. And now its quite fast

I noticed that the NPC's don't show the quests if they are hungry; you need to feed them mana first.
    Maybe this is the reason you are not seeing any quests.

Deleted
    Paying for it is instant gratification, and Blizz decided they didn't like it.
    Nobody gets instant from 100 to 110 since there is no 110 boost yet. Nobody gets instant 5K gold, even if people get gold much easier than in TBC. And even in TBC I knew only 1 person who was not able to buy flying at 70. I could, even with a character freshly rerolled on a different server and faction, who was leveling professions and sold nothing on the AH. But this was not because gold was easy, but because I knew which amount I would need and saving my money / being sensible with gold.

Stop with your instant gratification bullshit. I can afford to buy things because I play this game for almost 12 years now. I bought almost all prestige mounts when the expansion was current, the only exception has been the 120K yak which I only could afford in WoD (because I have invested in leveling many characters and setting their Garrisons up, even before they have unlocked flying with Tanaan / pathfinder). I earn everything by playing the game. People who rant about instant gratification should get a life, because they obviously have too much time on their hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Lol this thread.

Did you find what you were looking for OP? Wich part is it you miss(ed)?

Doing the whole thing myself as a horde now. 5th time all together. Still as good as it was the 1st time. And now its quite fast
    I probably will do the run a couple of times more, at least up to the end of the first part, so the NPCs stop demanding mana every day. :3

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I probably will do the run a couple of times more, at least up to the end of the first part, so the NPCs stop demanding mana every day. :3
    Haha yeah that is kinda annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Good Suramaritan is the biggest piece of shit in the history of WoW. It's a rep gated / time gated achievement needed to unlock flying. It will take WEEKS. So you're not "1 step away", you need (almost) EXALTED with that stupid faction to get flying. Good luck!
    You'll see idiots like this talking about the Suramar rep quest lines and then in the next breath they'll be talking about how awesome Classic WoW is which is 100% worse than anything Suramar ever was.

Deleted
    shouldn't lock flying anyway its retarded

10+ Year Old Account
    This went so off the rails.. like right away.

I hated the rep lock too though. If they had maintained a culture of working hard to achieve things I'd be fine with it. But it was such an obvious way to eat our time, that's why it was gross.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Welcome to the instant gratification generation. Ain't it fun? They don't want to work for anything, they just want ot handed to them.
    Lol, calm down there gramps. Here in this century, it doesn't work to generalize anything based off how a sect of people play a video game lol.

But don't worry, -you- still did it while it was cool so you've got a special snowflake pattern reserved, just for you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, Good Suramaritan is likely to be even more critical of an achievement soon; Blizzard has hinted that the new 'allied sub-races' will likely be gated behind faction reputations. The example I saw was about the Highmountain Tauren, saying you'd likely need maxed out rep with them - and possibly completing the main Highmountain quest-line - in order to use them. Assuming they keep this idea as they move forward with the expansion, I'd bet that Good Suramaritan will be required to make Nightborne Elf toons.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Originally you would pay to unlock flying now you gotta do achievements, which was instant gratification? Also not having flying kinda fucks you over for group content when if you can't get there fast enough people will kick you or kill without you. Netherwing is totally different because you are unlocking mounts and not the ability to fly itself, you don't need that specific mount but you did need flying when you couldn't even get a fucking node because someone with triple ur speed and no need to kill shit would swoop in and take it.
    Most group content is a raid or a dungeon, if not organized both teleport you immediately to the instance.

For organized group content there are summoning stones.

For world bosses you just get there and then hit the green eyeball and you'll have a group in less than 5-seconds.

For resource nodes they now stick around for about 20s after tapped so other players can get it.

All of your complaints are literally things that aren't actual things in game anymore. They are problems that don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terranoise View Post
    No, they did because it increases playing time therefore sub length. I'm glad I quitted last december/january and got back like 1-2 months ago. Flying should be available since day 1 for max level characters either through gold or pathfinder-like achievment with no gated/rep stuff.
    They time-gated it because Legion has been structured entirely around a very strict schedule of release dates for content.

They knew exactly when they would release each raid.

They knew exactly where they wanted the vast majority of the player base's artifact weapons to be.

They knew when they'd be releasing flight and they gated it behind Suramar to ensure that the player base would experience bespoke content.

The rep-gate for Suramar was to ensure that if someone was just chugging through the content that they'd find new content as a surprise or reward for achieving their various reputation levels and it's not exactly like rep has been hard to come by in Legion either.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    They removed the rep gate. You can finish it in a couple hours now.
    True, the rep req is removed, but "a couple of hours" is a vast understatement. Took about 18 hours.

We've had reps like that before. The Netherwing and 5.1 Horde and Alliance factions come to mind. What's the problem? That he can't get everything he wants now?
    The problem is that for both of those, the end-goal was story/lore and mounts. Heck, for Netherwing you needed Epic flight. (Dear Bliz, please bring back flight-only content) and for Netherwing, you could continue to farm rep via eggs even after finishing the daily quests.

Suramar instead had obnoxious rep-blocks preventing you from completing the campaign to obtain a core movement ability. Had it simply been the quests and the mana-saber at the end of it it wouldn't have been as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The problem is that for both of those, the end-goal was story/lore and mounts. Heck, for Netherwing you needed Epic flight. (Dear Bliz, please bring back flight-only content) and for Netherwing, you could continue to farm rep via eggs even after finishing the daily quests.

Suramar instead had obnoxious rep-blocks preventing you from completing the campaign to obtain a core movement ability. Had it simply been the quests and the mana-saber at the end of it it wouldn't have been as bad.
    Flight only content would be fun. Remember the cannons at Ogri'la that would blow you out of the sky? I was originally thinking about the rep tokens. I don't play alts, but my friends tell me that once you're exalted they become BoA. But that wouldn't help in this case cause he's presumably trying to do it the first time to actually get flying. All I can really say to the OP is be patient and try not to let the time gate get to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    True, the rep req is removed, but "a couple of hours" is a vast understatement. Took about 18 hours.
    It's one of the longest quest chains to ever be released in the game. I'd be worried if it didn't take at least a week of regular play.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Yes, how dare they make you actually have to quest in order to get rewards. Flying should be mailed to you as soon as you arrive in the area. /s
    At this point in the expansion, yeah, they pretty much should...... Sadly this zone is no longer relevant to anyone or anything other then WQ or doing the quests on alts for a shitpile of AP

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    At this point in the expansion, yeah, they pretty much should...... Sadly this zone is no longer relevant to anyone or anything other then WQ or doing the quests on alts for a shitpile of AP
    They've already removed several of the rep gates. And what do you mean by 'this point in the expansion'? The last raid isn't even out. Going purely by calendar Legion is literally only halfway through.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

They've already removed several of the rep gates. And what do you mean by 'this point in the expansion'? The last raid isn't even out. Going purely by calendar Legion is literally only halfway through.
    The last raid (out in 3 days), which takes place on another PLANET (which has no flying) and known coming content is based outside the Broken Isles... so... why not just allow flying already to people just starting or people trying to catch up?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    The last raid (out in 3 days), which takes place on another PLANET (which has no flying) and known coming content is based outside the Broken Isles... so... why not just allow flying already to people just starting or people trying to catch up?
    You made me curious, so I went and looked back at my achievement window. I hit 110 on 9/1/16. I got good Suramaritan on 9/27/16. That's less than four weeks. I'd wager for most of that fourth week I spent my time doing WQs trying to get enough rep to reach the last story sections. They have since removed much of the rep gating needed to unlock those story sections, and that means a few things. One, you're getting rep from doing the story quests sooner. And two, unlocking the story sections sooner unlocks the WQs connected to those story sections sooner, which means even more rep sooner. That sounds completely reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    A couple hours may be too quick but it took me nowhere near 18 hours these last three times I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    This went so off the rails.. like right away.

I hated the rep lock too though. If they had maintained a culture of working hard to achieve things I'd be fine with it. But it was such an obvious way to eat our time, that's why it was gross.
    It's almost as if Blizzard is more interested in milking content for as much money as possible than making actual good content.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-11-26 at 02:53 AM.