Thread: Appeal for Mods

Appeal for Mods

Can you please either ban trolls or heavily moderate this section of the forums so the trolls disappear? A majority of the posts are from people who do everything in their power just to shut down anyone even liking the idea of Classic WoW, and the mods aren't doing their job.

Go into a thread, majority of the replies are from retail players who obviously haven't even played vanilla, either live or private servers (since they state wrong information). And all they do is bashing anyone they can with false information about how bad vanilla is and how it will fail.

For you who wants to bash me now, go ahead. I don't really care about it, you can't touch me with your insecurity. I just want good discussions.

I'll tell you why people want and will love Classic, either they're fanbois, "Purists", casuals, hardcore gamers or people who wants some changes (yes, Blizzard updated the game 1.5 patch per month. It was the most interactive version of WoW. Changes is a part of vanilla).

It's a simple list and if you seriously can't understand it, just reconsider what an MMO is supposed to be.

1. The games core feature and focus was social interaction. Talking to people. You played on your server, and only your server. In better or for worse. You had to talk to people, play with people, you got a reputation on your realm.

2. Even if most of the difficulty is in "time" when it comes to hardcore raiding, the game it self had so many more aspects than it has now. Lvling was a challenge, you didn't rush it. Dungeons were a challenge, Strat/Scholo/UBRS was harder than any dungeon since WLK and required a team of players with good cordination. Every aspect of the game was a challenge.

People likes to be challenged, who knew?

3. The sense of reward. I can start Legion today and end up with enough gear to raid the last raid in mythic in a few weeks. In Vanilla, your time and devotion gave you great reward. You had better gear, because you both played better, more efficient and of course more than others. Getting some epics at max lvl today is something you rely on getting. Getting epics in vanilla was amazing. Even some blue items from dungeons were amazing to finally get.

4. Raiding is raiding, you haven't experienced raiding until you've been in a 40-man progressing guild. The feeling of 40 people raiding IS amazing. Just being there with 39 other people. Doesn't matter if the mechanics were easy, you fight your your life to get the boss down for weeks. Because it was hard to gear up, it was hard to raid.

I do feel sorry for you if your vanilla raiding experience was 40-man raiding with 15 people afk, 5 slacking and just 20 people trying. I have never ever experienced in any of the guilds I played in, and that was a mix of tryhard guilds and casual guilds. People focused, because it was fun. If you try classic, you'll see a difference, since almost everyone playing classic and raid is there to do it again for real.

That's all. In short.. It's a challenging game in every aspect, everything you do is fun if you like challenges. With classic released, veterans will be happy, retailers will be happy (new team making classic, retail won't suffer). People can experience WoW history, and the reason it became the best MMO ever released.

Go to reddit or something if you want upvotes and having your incorrect hate validated by people who's also insecure with differences. Let this forum be a decent place.

I would also appeal to both people who don't want changes and people who do to act more civilized. We both want the 4 things I listed, which is the reason WoW was great. Some tweaks won't kill the experience, but without good discussion Blizzard will never understand what we want.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2017-11-25 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    Can you please either ban trolls or heavily moderate this section of the forums so the trolls disappear? A majority of the posts are from people who do everything in their power just to shut down anyone even liking the idea of Classic WoW, and the mods aren't doing their job.

Go into a thread, majority of the replies are from retail players who obviously haven't even played vanilla, either live or private servers (since they state wrong information). And all they do is bashing anyone they can with false information about how bad vanilla is and how it will fail.

For you who wants to bash me now, go ahead. I don't really care about it, you can't touch me with your insecurity. I just want good discussions.[...].
    So you pretty much want other opinions that are not yours to be silenced or banned.

That is not "wanting a good discussion".

Anyway feel free to report any opinion you dislike, there allready is moderation in the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    There's report systems for people you're describing; making a thread about this is just going to get you negative attention from the mods you're trying to appeal to.

- - - Updated - - -

I.e. report it where you see it rather than making threads about it.
    I'm pretty sure they're reported and it's not working. And I can't see any way mods would see this thread as something negative. If something is wrong, you should not stay silent. And as you can see on this section, people can't even discuss anything until people attack with personal insults, harassment and shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    So you pretty much want other opinions that are not yours to be silenced or banned.

That is not "wanting a good discussion".

Anyway feel free to report any opinion you dislike, there allready is moderation in the forums.
    Read the post before you reply, your reply had nothing to do with my post at all. To give you a hint, it's easier to discuss Classic if people who doesn't write anything constructive except for hate, flame, harassment and personal insults while mixing false information (like saying Thrall is a pig in lore, false in that way. Totally incorrect).

This goes to everyone, not just people who doesn't want vanilla. I have a hard time to understand who people who doesn't want vanilla, are even on this section though.
    Last edited by Askyl; 2017-11-25 at 09:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're reported and it's not working. And I can't see any way mods would see this thread as something negative.

Read the post before you reply, your reply had nothing to do with my post at all.
    I did.

I know what you are saying, but withing the same post you post your own point of view as ultimate facts where you don't allow discussion or different opinion on.
    Even the opinion that classic will be a failure is an opinion. If you like it or not.

You allready can have a normal discussion, just don't reply to posts you think are troll posts and focus on the civilized ones, or those you like.

Shitposting isn't a bannable offense dude.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Discussing moderation is against the site rules.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."