Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Like I said earlier, villains beat heroes all the time to make the comic more interesting. But at the end of the day the hero wins because their name is on the comic.
    Then the victory is meaningless. Basically you are saying if They fight in a Batman Comic...Bruce wins and if they fight in a Punisher comic...Frank wins.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post

Captain America dumpsters Frank
    AHAHAHA no. Take the Super Soldier serum out and have their skills and tactics alone be the decider and Mr.Rodgers is red swiss cheese. Even with it, Frank is better at laying out a plan and getting the job done. I would still bet money on Punisher against Cap.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    AHAHAHA no. Take the Super Soldier serum out and have their skills and tactics alone be the decider and Mr.Rodgers is red swiss cheese. Even with it, Frank is better at laying out a plan and getting the job done. I would still bet money on Punisher against Cap.
    Captain America is Marvel Earth's foremost tactical genius. He is also a premier martial artist wielding one of the best weapons on Earth. He's not just some mook shot up with fancy steroids. If we dialed Cap down to Punisher's level of conditioning, Punisher would still lose.

Yes, but when you discuss a hypothetical battle you ignore plot shenanigans. Deathstroke is faster, stronger, arguably thinks faster and is deadlier than Batman.
    And yet Batman regularly beats him.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Then the victory is meaningless. Basically you are saying if They fight in a Batman Comic...Bruce wins and if they fight in a Punisher comic...Frank wins.
    Obviously that's true.

Although if they fight in a Marvel universe comic there's always the risk Squirrel Girl will come along and beat them both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Uhm. What. That's like me saying take Frank's eyes away. The Super Soldier serum is part of who Cap is.

And in skills/tactics Cap beats Frank.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet Batman regularly beats him.

Obviously that's true.

Although if they fight in a Marvel universe comic there's always the risk Squirrel Girl will come along and beat them both.
    Regularly? As far as I know Bruce never beat him in a 1v1 straight on fight with both at their peak. Deathstroke rekt him in like 3 pages.

How in the world would Frank get the drop on the man that gets the drop on freaking Superman
    The same way he gets the drop on Spider-man, who has literal premonition powers?

Hell, Batman gets played all the time. It's easy. All you have to do is push the Superman button.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    The same way he gets the drop on Spider-man, who has literal premonition powers?

Hell, Batman gets played all the time. It's easy. All you have to do is push the Superman button.
    Superman is lightyears ahead of Spiderman when it comes to his senses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a fascinating question. A different war makes a different man and WWII was very different than Vietnam. Also, one has to take into account that Cap was Army and Punisher was Marine Corps. The Punisher has demonstrated an unwillingness to fight Captain America and let Cap beat the tar out of him without fighting back. That kind of neuters the argument right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    At his strongest, Silver Surfer is way more powerful than almost every version of superman other than his more obnoxious incarnations like cosmic armor. Superman is physically stronger but Silver Surfer is more powerful in almost every other way. He can absorb energy just like superman, create supernovas and black holes, destroy souls, has insanely overpowered regeneration, can make force fields, etc. He simply has a lot more abilities, and a lot of them would be useful when fighting someone like Superman. Even if superman could overpower him temporarily, his powers have a limit, as in they consume the solar energy he absorbs and he needs time to recharge when he uses a lot. Silver Surfer could simply wait for him to tire or teleport them both to a red sun and let him die. Long term...superman loses badly.
    Yup.
    Or Surfer could simply generate kryptonite of any variation. If the Surfer was total psycho, he'd kill Supes pretty easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, classic Thor is able to beat Superman. He didn't... their fight was basically a draw in JLA/Avengers, but it was clearly established that they were virtual equals.

Batman because of extreme intellect, ninja skills and his array of toys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Superman

/10 supers
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Hell, classic Thor is able to beat Superman. He didn't... their fight was basically a draw in JLA/Avengers, but it was clearly established that they were virtual equals.
    Considering that Zeus punk-slapped Supes....yeah.
    Thor should have showed off a bit.

Assuming no plot armor, putting established ability from comics VS comics Punisher wins easily.

He would just kill batman when he was unprepared. Some form of arena combat would be more interesting, might have to make it a toss up then, still leaning towards the Punisher because he would be shooting to kill and Wayne would be all non lethal.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Depends on who's hunting who because whoever is the hunter is going to win it.
    Deathstroke has hunted batman many times, yet has not come up victorious with a kill and I would put Deathstroke in the "Able to kill Frank Castle" Category.

They had to make that up to explain why the guy who never misses always misses Batman :P
    Hence, why Batman can never lose. His true power revealed. The power of the pen!!!!

Though to be fair, that display is more impressive than just 'somehow' never being shot. Basically talks the bullets back into their barrel lmao.

All these conversations remind me is that, they're fun but pointless. Because comics are not exactly bound by ironclad displays of logic.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-12-05 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Considering that Zeus punk-slapped Supes....yeah.
    Thor should have showed off a bit.
    Zeus is much more powerful than Thor. Superman defeated Thor in JLA/Avengers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Superman defeated Thor in JLA/Avengers.
    You are correct. Superman did win. But he gave Thor his props. I think the way that story worked was that the DC characters were more powerful in their own universe. I was thinking of a different story.
    Last edited by Hammerfest; 2017-12-05 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    Hence, why Batman can never lose. His true power revealed. The power of the pen!!!!

Though to be fair, that display is more impressive than just 'somehow' never being shot. Basically talks the bullets back into their barrel lmao.

All these conversations remind me is that, they're fun but pointless. Because comics are not exactly bound by ironclad displays of logic.
    Yeah I mean, if we apply logic to the situation then it really makes no sense that Deadshot "never misses" anyway.

Maybe he just has a big mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Epicuros View Post
    Welp I think you've settled it once and for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.