Poll: Which you prefer?

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I voted for "vanilla graphics" but it's not the models itself that bother me, it's the animations. The old animations were much smoother and felt more responsive.

And don't even get me started on the spell effects downgrades we've gotten over the years... Literally the only vanilla spell that I think looks better now than it did then is Pyroblast...

Changing the graphics has the potential to break PVP.

Any changes to deviate from the original can potential make either side easier or harder, with different color models, spell effects, weather effects, fog, etc. Which may be possible to see clearer between old and new graphics.

Any small advantage is all someone needs to exploit in order to ruin someone's day.

Nay, one change leads to another, and the next thing Blizzard finds themselves in will be a gigantic mess that needs continual updates. Repeatedly. It will never get fixed, as one update breaks something else. Like class "balance". Bleech!

I would want todays graphics. It's just graphics, it looks better. Why would you not want it? In one week you're blind to it anyway since graphics are like looking at a hot girl, gets you interested. But it's the "gameplay/personality" you fall in love with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    I would want todays graphics. It's just graphics, it looks better. Why would you not want it? In one week you're blind to it anyway since graphics are like looking at a hot girl, gets you interested. But it's the "gameplay/personality" you fall in love with.
    I play WoW since 2008 and i'm always amazed like a child in front of the chrismas tree when i see a beautiful landscape in Azeroth :

Unless the new graphics somehow make the game run better/more stable then fine upgrade.

Otherwise, fuck no! I want bad graphics and all! I don't reply Legend of Zelda expecting suddenly Wii or switch graphics...

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    Should [x] be available in Classic server? Simple, ask yourself the question: Did [x] exist in any of the patches from 1.1.0 to 1.12.1? No? Then don't add it!.
    This statement is really bad, honestly. My checklist is more something like this:

Will it affect gameplay?
    Will it affect the challenge?
    Will it affect the social part of the game?
    Will it add to or remove the sense of achievement?

If it affects the gameplay, it's a no. This will come later with more balancing after classic is released.
    If it affects the challenge, it's a no. Unless it's something that adds to the challenge, but isn't necessary.
    If it affects the social part of the game, it's a yes if it's in a good way.
    If it affects the sense of achievement it should be very well designed and work with the three first "checks".

For example, guild banking:

Will it affect gameplay? Not much. Guild banks were alts anyway, you had endless of space. It was just an unnecessary hassle.
    Will guildbanks affect the challenge? No, it will not make a difference.
    Will it affect the social part of the game? Yes, it'll be positive and more community building within a guild.
    Will it affect the sense of achievement? It will make no difference.

So, add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Can you show me a sweet screenshot of the gear? :P Because that's what I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I can.

This is my Nostalrius Hunter in early stages of gearing progression in almost full Dungeon Set 1 (T0) gear.

Headgear he is wearing drops from Ragnaros and is called "Crown of Destruction".
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Blizz is talking about classic. You are talking about things added after classic. You can't call it classic/vanilla that way. An other nonsense thread.

Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    This statement is really bad, honestly. My checklist is more something like this:

Will it affect gameplay?
    Will it affect the challenge?
    Will it affect the social part of the game?
    Will it add to or remove the sense of achievement?

If it affects the gameplay, it's a no. This will come later with more balancing after classic is released.
    If it affects the challenge, it's a no. Unless it's something that adds to the challenge, but isn't necessary.
    If it affects the social part of the game, it's a yes if it's in a good way.
    If it affects the sense of achievement it should be very well designed and work with the three first "checks".

For example, guild banking:

Will it affect gameplay? Not much. Guild banks were alts anyway, you had endless of space. It was just an unnecessary hassle.
    Will guildbanks affect the challenge? No, it will not make a difference.
    Will it affect the social part of the game? Yes, it'll be positive and more community building within a guild.
    Will it affect the sense of achievement? It will make no difference.

So, add it.
    The problem with the above is that it is all subjective. You will never find a consensus through that means of determining if anything should be added to the game.

Also, "Not much" =/= "No"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    Alrighty! 32 bit client that a 12 year old can hack it is!
    Troll post, cba to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Yeah, I can.

This is my Nostalrius Hunter in early stages of gearing progression in almost full Dungeon Set 1 (T0) gear.

Headgear he is wearing drops from Ragnaros and is called "Crown of Destruction".
    Please let them also give vanilla dark nights. Please blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Good thing is, new character models would require a massive rework of the old client. So it's unlikely to happen. New models have fucked several races (nightelves for the most part) so i'm glad to see the old versions again.
    Exactly this... it's just incredible how almost no one thinks about the effort to do that, especially since it's something very controversial/something many if not most people aren't even going to use.

But yeah, Blizzard already confirmed multiple times that they aren't going to "remaster" this game, so all these discussions here are pointless anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Vanilla with Overwatch quality graphics.

Overall, I prefer the OLD graphics.

That said, I can't imagine using the old Bear Form and Cat Forms... I've gotten used to the new ones, they're so gorgeous too. :/
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

15+ Year Old Account
    I want the new models/textures/animations available, only if:

• It's toggleable.
    • It's disabled by default.
    • It has zero influence on the original models - IE: no skeleton or animation update to the originals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Exactly this... it's just incredible how almost no one thinks about the effort to do that, especially since it's something very controversial/something many if not most people aren't even going to use.

But yeah, Blizzard already confirmed multiple times that they aren't going to "remaster" this game, so all these discussions here are pointless anyways.
    Except it's not a huge amount of effort... pretty decent ports of the new graphics are already available for the 1.12.2 client.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I´m fine with the old graphics. My 1.12.1 already runs fine with 4K-resolution.

Also; for them to include new models they would have to do major rework on the client. It´s basically a whole new system. And people seem to forget that they also redid all the terrain data when CATA launched, to support flying. That also made changes to the GFX-engine (this is when nights disappeared from the game).

I do support increased view range; this is a bandwith issue though.

Keep it as it is. This game was never about state of the art GFX anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidious78 View Post
    Also; for them to include new models they would have to do major rework on the client.
    This is objectively false. I have a 1.12.2 client which has a vast majority of 7.2.5 models included in it.

The patch is less than 500MB in size.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I want the new models/textures/animations available, only if:

• It's toggleable.
    • It's disabled by default.
    • It has zero influence on the original models - IE: no skeleton or animation update to the originals.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it's not a huge amount of effort... pretty decent ports of the new graphics are already available for the 1.12.2 client.
    If Blizzard is going to do a graphics update, then this would include more than just updating the character models (that's what people are here mainly asking for). For it to be consistent they'd have to update the cities, all of the terrain, water, shadow effects, textures (vanilla map chunks only support 4 textures btw. and I believe models only 2 or so... so that's why those "ports" are broken at many areas, like certain models or mounts being only half textured).
    Also all those updated models and so on we see in Legion aren't just HD versions of the original, but the designers changed the "style" of most of the stuff significantly, which does not reflect the original art style anymore.

All in all, they'd basically need to update pretty much every single map, texture, model and so on in the game, which is gonna more than double the size of the game and it's gonna take a significant amount of time... and all this for a "nice-to-have" feature (=> This isn't gonna be a play or not-play thing for all the players who are serious about vanilla).

...but anyways, they aren't going to do that as they've already given their stance overall on Vanilla... or at least we won't see that at launch, maybe sometime later.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-27 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    I'd like new graphics as an option, similar to how the old models can be toggled on/off in the menu right now. I don't see what would be the problem, because it doesn't affect gameplay and people who want to use old graphics won't be affected

I feel like vanilla could have an exploit that gave out your credit card details and people would argue removing it would take away from the vanilla experience

My only problem with the graphics is that textures designed for *at most* 1600X1200 (and more likely 1024x768) look like hot arse on the now minimum 1080p.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.