Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anger clouds your ability to make sound judgements.

Anger is fine as a motivator to help change something, but if one person has too much power to affect others and is an angry person, it's a problem.

Humans need anger to progress, sometimes, but certain groups in the political arena these days use their and other people's anger to restrain, manipulate and twist opinions, law and/or perceptions.

The higher the stakes, the less an individual's anger should have a direct effect. If an entire population is angry in the same direction, that's one thing, but as individuals it pays to be constructive, which is difficult if anger blinds you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well don't get caught.

Anger is anger, I was joking but I think it's important to at least investigate that anger find out where it comes from and explore steps you can possibly take with it.
    In the case of the person I know, he was in a relationship with her and they tried to start a business together. But since this guy has bad credit, the business was under her name. She started to see her old boyfriend and that's when the anger must have started. He puts a GPS device on her car and tracks her where ever she goes. Then one day she's found in pieces in the Hudson river. Some of the pieces, as they didn't recover all of them. Anger does funny things to someone.

Deleted
    OP has anger issues

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If you're so educated...why couldn't you figure out how to rotate your photos?
    Being educated does not equal being intelligent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    OP has anger issues
    Well managed and honed anger issues.

Anger increases saltiness, which in turn reduces the CO2 absorption ratio of the ocean which leads to global warming.

I have added a picture of a hamburger to back up the validity of my claim.

Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    He has a degree in physics. The other question is why didn't you rotate your head?

@nanook12 seems to have a very common complaint, which I share, but is impossible to put into words because others aren't ready for it. It sometimes feels like being from 40 years in the future looking back on destruction. Nanook12, is that correct?
    I am not sure I undersand the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Is a bad wrap a dodgy sandwich?
    ^^ This.

Deleted
    Anger is fine as long as it's justified. Irrational anger isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate getting angry and I hate seeing other people angry, it creates a terrible atmosphere.

But there are ways to channel your anger, many sports and activities are great ways to use anger and use it in a positive light. So anger can be good in the right circumstances.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Everyone should look at the british and scottish/irish ways of dealing with things today.

They're brain dead from having to avoid being angry, yet their the angriest people consequentially. Nothing but pure hatred in them, and it comes out in gobbledygook because they are forced to censor themselves.

They have to say "These cunts n cucks will hog n til the mobs relocate them by six feet" when talking about authority figures.

Does it change what they said when they say it that way?

If you have no problems with that sentence, then you should be totally okay and accepting of me when I say "Those fucking n----- f------ people of that organization/development team are shitbags cocksuckers and they need to fucking die" because its literally the same thing as above but... not allowed? weird huh?

Whatever, people don't see these things and are piece of shit because they're cocksuckers and everyone needs to fucking die.

The trouble with it is how anger flips your "fight or flight" response switch. Really great when you're fighting a bear, not so great when you're arguing with a coworker.

Once you learn how to control your anger and channel it more productively, then yes it can be useful. I find it's best to take a short break to calm the "fight or flight" part down, but then still return to confront what you're angry about while you're still coasting on that added adrenaline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anger is not bad in itself. And can be constructive. The key is to not let anger control you.

I'd liken anger to playing Russian roulette with 5 bullets in the cylinder, it's real easy to get fucked up.

Anger can be a powerful motivator. Revenge in particular.

Its not the best source of motivation and unlikely to last however or be misdirected and normally comes with consequences

Big believer in the ole proverb if you want to commit revenge then dig two graves

Did you actually frame your degrees? Man I thought that is something only medical doctors and people in american sitcomms do.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The trouble with it is how anger flips your "fight or flight" response switch. Really great when you're fighting a bear, [I]not so great when you're arguing with a coworker..
    Anger is not good for fighting. Makes you waste energy trying to knock their head off. UFC fighters that step into the ring wanting to kill the opponent through hatred normally end up losing because they forget the game plan and start swinging.

Conor mcgregor has become a superstar for shit talking people before fights and they lose their shit and end up losing the fight

- - - Updated - - -

Also makes you tense which is more wasted energy

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsy View Post
    Community College is mostly treated the same as any University, the difference is that community college tends to be cheaper and some don't have as many full Bachelor/Master/Doctorate programs as Universities. Therefore many folks use community college for general studies education, then go on to Universities for their Bachelors.

A degree is a degree unless you go to those Ivy-League schools. Those tend to be treated with higher respect.
    This is incorrect. Community College degrees are always looked at with far more suspicion than a traditional university. The quality of education at most community colleges is dreadful, barely above a high school level. As a high school student I actually assisted with teaching community college courses in mathematics and computer literacy. Furthering your education is always great, but Community College degrees are not on the same level as a traditional school. They are bridges for people who can't go straight to the bigger schools due to financials or high school grades.

I don't believe that Anger is all bad. But I do think it has to be carefully harnessed and dissipated. Holding onto all of it forever isn't going to help at all, but having a chip on your shoulder to motivate isn't a bad thing either if it doesn't break you.

Anger is the brains natural response to perceived wrongs. I'd say it's far too subjective and personal to label its purpose as "correcting injustices for the survival and flourishing of a group." Also don't think it's evolved at all, it still acts and serves its original purpose completely. To numb and prepare the mind for the unnatural and, usually abhorrent, act of legitimate aggression (in whatever form it takes).

Just my logic working through it though.
    Last edited by xact4; 2017-11-27 at 08:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    aH yes, the Y chromosome, noted summoner of rape demons from the misogyny dimension.