Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Im curious, does "no changes" also apply to server capacity?
    Whould your ideal wow:classic be a 4k limit population per server and a world latency as it was in vanilla? There is a huge diffrence in pve dps simply due to not losing time between attacks from latency. I see ppl crying about fixing specs will make raids to easy, but seem to be completly oblivious to the fact that a modern server alone will increase your raid dps significantly.
    Server capacity was dictacted by bottlenecks both in hardware, software and even available bandwidth. Silly question.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    No. I'm a 'purist' and Classic should have the original interface. I'm sorry if this causes trouble to you but it's all about experiencing the original thing.
    How exactly would giving someone the option to use colorblind mde change you experiencing the original thing? If you never look in the settings you won't even notice it's there.

Is this sarcasm? Hard to tell in text form
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Storfan View Post
    Server capacity was dictacted by bottlenecks both in hardware, software and even available bandwidth. Silly question.
    Is that a yes or a no?
    a 4k population or a 10-20k limit? An easy pve progression on a lagfree server?

5+ Year Old Account
    Is that a yes or a no?
    a 4k population or a 10-20k limit? An easy pve progression on a lagfree server?
    Having a higher population cap because hardware and software allows it doesnt interfere with the "no-change-argument". Ofcourse there has to be a limit both from a hardware/software POV but also what a server can sustain in terms of mob spawns, herbs, mining veins etc, but it's higher than the old vanilla cap.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, we didn't have colorblind people in good old amazing Vanilla days. We threw them off the cliff.

Having a higher population cap because hardware and software allows it doesnt interfere with the "no-change-argument". Ofcourse there has to be a limit both from a hardware/software POV but also what a server can sustain in terms of mob spawns, herbs, mining veins etc, but it's higher than the old vanilla cap.
    While i agree wholeheartedly with increasing the server population, what worries me is the spawnrate of herbs/mines/mobs compensate. A server 5times as populated as the ones in vanilla with questitems having sometimes 5min respawntimer will not be like what any1 experienced in vanilla. Neither will herb/mining compare to vanilla if there will be 20ppl per zone at any given time farming flowers/veins (i played on a highpop realm that daily had a long que to login, yet whould often find myself alone or only competing agianst one other in an entire zone farming dreamfoils and black lotuses).
    There is a real risk that herbing /mining will be "ruined" due to serverpopulation.

As for the hardware, of course no1 wants to play with the latency we had in vanilla, but then whould it not make sence to retune raids and dungeons to compensate for the increase in pve dps a fast server will give us? One could even argue that retuning whould make it "more" like real vanilla than leaving it be.

5+ Year Old Account
    While i agree wholeheartedly with increasing the server population, what worries me is the spawnrate of herbs/mines/mobs compensate. A server 5times as populated as the ones in vanilla with questitems having sometimes 5min respawntimer will not be like what any1 experienced in vanilla. Neither will herb/mining compare to vanilla if there will be 20ppl per zone at any given time farming flowers/veins (i played on a highpop realm that daily had a long que to login, yet whould often find myself alone or only competing agianst one other in an entire zone farming dreamfoils and black lotuses).
    There is a real risk that herbing /mining will be "ruined" due to serverpopulation.

As for the hardware, of course no1 wants to play with the latency we had in vanilla, but then whould it not make sence to retune raids and dungeons to compensate for the increase in pve dps a fast server will give us? One could even argue that retuning whould make it "more" like real vanilla than leaving it be.
    Lets assume they do increase population cap to say 10-15k (about what Nostalrius had). Nostalrius solved this issue by simply introducing a dynamic respawn rate on mobs, herbs, ore veins etc that scaled with the population of any given zone to compensate for the large population. This actually worked really well, the economy got stabilized and blizzlike without inflated prices nor inflated supply as they both where in equilibrium.

As for the overall increase of raid effectiveness due to higher DPS, pre-knowledge of fights, addon-usage and cookie-cutter builds I dont see this as a problem in itself. Infact, I think it makes the game more fun the 2nd time around as you can aim to break old records. Speedruns, etc. Having played on several private vanilla servers the last few years I would say I have had atleast as much fun as I did in vanilla, maybe even more fun in some regard, like clearing MC in 30mins or killing onyxia without a flying phase.

Lets assume they do increase population cap to say 10-15k (about what Nostalrius had). Nostalrius solved this issue by simply introducing a dynamic respawn rate on mobs, herbs, ore veins etc that scaled with the population of any given zone to compensate for the large population. This actually worked really well, the economy got stabilized and blizzlike without inflated prices nor inflated supply as they both where in equilibrium.

As for the overall increase of raid effectiveness due to higher DPS, pre-knowledge of fights, addon-usage and cookie-cutter builds I dont see this as a problem in itself. Infact, I think it makes the game more fun the 2nd time around as you can aim to break old records. Speedruns, etc. Having played on several private vanilla servers the last few years I would say I have had atleast as much fun as I did in vanilla, maybe even more fun in some regard, like clearing MC in 30mins or killing onyxia without a flying phase.
    The dynamic spawnrate was indeed what i was getting at, i really want it. But vanilla-purists is gonna be jumping down my throat about it even thou by all likelyhood ive played more vanilla than any of them.

As for the higher dps, i dunno it feels like itd really cheapen the experience if bosses like loatheb dies long before his softerage even starts, or cthun dying during his first weaken phase (not likely but probably not impossible).

That's not vanilla, but it's one of the very few things I can see possibly happening.

Same has debuff limit, was a technical limit of that time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    Same has debuff limit, was a technical limit of that time.
    It was changed from 8 slots to 16 slots early on though, I dont recall which patch but around BWL and later 32 slots in TBC iirc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Considering most purists only see everything in black and white, there should be no problem with this.
    Made my morning