Exclamation Have Racial Abilities been a topic yet?

I really dislike the idea of being forced to play a certain race to get the most out of your DPS/HPS (e.g. Trolls with Berserk).

Has this topic been discussed yet? Are any changes planned in this regard?
    I'm growing tired seeing mostly certain races because the others have useless racial abilities.

5+ Year Old Account
    Even for M raiders these racials aren't that big of a difference. It's not like some1 will reject your application because you are undead warlock and not troll.

The only thing we know is that they intend to fuck the last interesting racial these days, arcane torrent.

not exactly interesting but "the one wich affect gameplay more than others"

ed: or i must say the one wich OP compared to others in both PvP and PvE?

Yeah, the ~10k DPS difference really is important.

The Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren seem to be pretty flavourful without any major power gains. So I think we can expect a similar approach with the rest of them.

Interviews have stated Arcane Torrent is changing because its too strong in pvp and mythic+ content, giving basically every class than can play BE a blanket silence.

However HM Taurens get some nice tank racials. 330 reduced dmg from every hit, 1% vers and an AoE CC (similar to warstomp)

Also worth noting, the 330 reduced damage is based on pruned stats and will be decent for block tanks(Warrior/Pala).

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, the ~10k DPS difference really is important.
    i am talking not about dps. in m+ mass silence is just too strong (and stun from tauren can't compete with it, cause mobs and bosses more often immune to stun than immune to interrupt from silence), on arena this is concern too, and in raid enviroment this is another mass interrupt if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    i am talking not about dps. in m+ mass silence is just too strong (and stun from tauren can't compete with it, cause mobs and bosses more often immune to stun than immune to interrupt from silence), on arena this is concern too, and in raid enviroment this is another mass interrupt if needed.
    Well, they are dealing with that. I agree that Arcane Torrent was too strong from an utility standpoint.

But OP is talking about DPS.

Deleted
    I hope they balance them, mainly for PvP faction imbalance which si ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Interviews have stated Arcane Torrent is changing because its too strong in pvp and mythic+ content
    presumably they included pvp in their logic for nerfing the belf racial as an error, since currently human and orc racials are absolutely dominating in instanced pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they'd just remove or deactivate them in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    presumably they included pvp in their logic for nerfing the belf racial as an error, since currently human and orc racials are absolutely dominating in instanced pvp
    Belf is highly viable and dominating in PvP as well. It just depends on the class, your playstyle and the comp you're playing: http://www.arenamate.net/

But yeah I'm fairly certain the biggest reason they're nerfing it is because of PvE. For PvP their reasoning could be to reduce the effectiveness of its offensive nature since it's arguably the only racial left in the game that's mostly for offensive purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Belf is ... dominating in PvP as well
    if you consider 18% bloodelf vs 27.7% for human and 26.5% for orc (especially when bloodelf, like nightelf, has class restrictions propping up its numbers) as also "dominating" then sure
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-11-27 at 02:30 PM.

Stolen from another thread.

The icons under the races shown on this slide indicate the racials. At least, the draenei ones seem to match up with the confirmed draenei racials.

So speculate away, on what Nightborne are getting