Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    make it heal % of HP (let's say 40 - 50%) and do not break on damage and it will be a lot more usefull and relevant
    Break on damage was fine and thematically accurate. Leaving a debuff on you that prevents you from trying to wrap the rest of the bandage around you was not. Imho it should be an interruptable channel effect that leaves a stack of a debuff on the target (if they absolutely want that fucking cooldown on it for what ever reason) and you only get locked out after you healed up the desired amount, say 40 or 50% like you suggested or 4 to 5 stacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's worse than useless now. It mainly seems to give annoying auto-accepted quests I have to manually delete out of my quest log.
    Also this. Giving jobs quests is nice and all, but it's just aggrevating if applied to a useless and/or dead profession..

Deleted
    First, they could have spent more than 5 minutes coming up with the "auto-accept-quest" feature.. talk about lazy design..

In terms of usable features, they could remove health pots from alchemy and give First Aid some raid utility. Alchemy already has pots and flasks, they could easily move the +health utility to first aid and no one would compain too much. And they could also add some things like poisons that cause debuffs - slows and stuns (for Pve only obviously - useful in dungeons ). Implement them so they're weaker than the player abilites, a bit like Leatherworking Drums are for Bloodlust. Those seem like fairly obvious choices that could be added without much work to bring at least some usability to the otherwise completely useless and abandoned profession.

But this is yet another classic Blizzard developer ego thing - everyone complained about professions and garrisons, so I guess it hurt someones fragile ego in the WoW team and they totally fucked up all the professions just to teach us a lesson. It's been horribly bad.

As long nearly every class has a self heal of somekind, no.

FA used to be the go-to heal for classes that couldn't self heal (and sometimes even for the hybrids) with the additional poison cures etc. Nowadays with so many self heals going on theres no need to have FA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still useful, i use it quite often when i do outdoor specced arcane
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

FA is shit now, but if they improve it, it will become mandatory at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    First, they could have spent more than 5 minutes coming up with the "auto-accept-quest" feature.. talk about lazy design..

In terms of usable features, they could remove health pots from alchemy and give First Aid some raid utility. Alchemy already has pots and flasks, they could easily move the +health utility to first aid and no one would compain too much. And they could also add some things like poisons that cause debuffs - slows and stuns (for Pve only obviously - useful in dungeons ). Implement them so they're weaker than the player abilites, a bit like Leatherworking Drums are for Bloodlust. Those seem like fairly obvious choices that could be added without much work to bring at least some usability to the otherwise completely useless and abandoned profession.

But this is yet another classic Blizzard developer ego thing - everyone complained about professions and garrisons, so I guess it hurt someones fragile ego in the WoW team and they totally fucked up all the professions just to teach us a lesson. It's been horribly bad.
    Except that's literally what happened in WoD and Alchemists complained.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Except that's literally what happened in WoD and Alchemists complained.
    Fuck them :-)

I would like there to be 3 battle professions. FA, one geared toward tanking, and one geared toward DPS. Not fully fleshed out like a class abilities but some niche things that anyone could do. So as a healer you could use said tanking profession to tank a boss for a bit. Of course it would have to be less powerful than a real tank, but would flesh out out characters a bit. The healer could also have FA and just get an extra heal.

In this dream world you could have one battle profession, all gathering professions, and two other professions.

They may as well just remove the secondary profession. If they buffed it to the point it was highly useful and highly efficient to use it as a way to reduce downtime, it would feel mandatory, and punitive to new alts, people just starting, etc. You also level so fast that you don't get anywhere near enough cloth to level it anymore, and it's very expensive to level.

I don't see any need for it to exist anymore, since every spec is essentially now built around having enough solo self sustain as a base part of the spec.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Something like this

Tranquilizers (or whatever): You get 20% more experience.
    Ointment: You get 20% more reputation.
    Something-something: Battle res (we already have drums, so why not the battle res?)
    Solid suggestions but they'd never go with something that straightforward and simple these days...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Leave it to Mione to find an use for everything,she's that kind of person lol
    You mean "He" right?

There’s actually some pretty good ideas here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    All they would have to do is make the bandages heal for a non-negligable amount... Runecloth bandages in Vanilla healed for 2,000 HP when most people had 3,500-5,000 HP, now the best bandages (Silkweave Splint) heal for a measly 528,000 when people have 4,500,000-5,000,000 HP... They went from healing around 50% of a person's HP to healing around 11% of a person's HP.

All they need to do is make it heal for more (though probly not as much as it did in Vanilla, maybe like 30%)... This could be accomplished and normalized by making them scale to the target's HP, and have level ranges that they won't work outside of so that you don't have a lvl 120 using linen bandages. So, linen bandages would work from lvl 5 to 15, wool from 10 to 25, silk from 20-35, etc, TBC and WotLK bandages would only work from 60-80, Cata and MoP bandages work from 80-90, WoD bandages work from 90-100, Legion bandages work from 100-110.

Also have different types of bandages within that, light bandages cost 1 cloth to make and heal for 15%, heavy bandages cost 2 cloth and heal for 24%, dense bandages cost 3 cloth and heal for 30%. The light bandages are more cloth efficient per health% but heal for less per cast.

Adrenaline Shot, definitely should be an adrenaline shot.
    basically this...+if we scaled down to zones´lvls even low lvl cloth would be usable as endgame cloth, one can only dream though

I remember lvling first aid as a must during vanilla/TBC progression, I played a rogue and sometimes it healed a lot, very usefull when our healers were oom, very usefull in PvP or in the world

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    All they would have to do is make the bandages heal for a non-negligable amount... Runecloth bandages in Vanilla healed for 2,000 HP when most people had 3,500-5,000 HP, now the best bandages (Silkweave Splint) heal for a measly 528,000 when people have 4,500,000-5,000,000 HP... They went from healing around 50% of a person's HP to healing around 11% of a person's HP.

All they need to do is make it heal for more (though probly not as much as it did in Vanilla, maybe like 30%)... This could be accomplished and normalized by making them scale to the target's HP, and have level ranges that they won't work outside of so that you don't have a lvl 120 using linen bandages. So, linen bandages would work from lvl 5 to 15, wool from 10 to 25, silk from 20-35, etc, TBC and WotLK bandages would only work from 60-80, Cata and MoP bandages work from 80-90, WoD bandages work from 90-100, Legion bandages work from 100-110.

Also have different types of bandages within that, light bandages cost 1 cloth to make and heal for 15%, heavy bandages cost 2 cloth and heal for 24%, dense bandages cost 3 cloth and heal for 30%. The light bandages are more cloth efficient per health% but heal for less per cast.

Adrenaline Shot, definitely should be an adrenaline shot.
    Or they could just make bandaging being not interruptable by damage. This would greatly improve their usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    You mean "He" right?
    As someone who knows her enough to be on first name basis with her

No,I don't mean "he".She's a french girl called Lou living in Paris

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    One or two ticks of a silkweave bandage is enough to heal Valithira to full in ICC25.

So clearly the profession is working as intended.

Field Marshal I Cannot Fap To That's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes when the classic servers open.

Tbh I would give first aid an out door effect , for example- use x first aid and take less damage from x level lasts 30min ot death. Or even an out door cheat death . Then one for zones like broken shore. U could even mix it up with physical and magic seprate - u could add a low level dungeon patten for non mythics or Lfg finder. At least its a starting point for first aid

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Something like this

Tranquilizers (or whatever): You get 20% more experience.
    Ointment: You get 20% more reputation.
    Something-something: Battle res (we already have drums, so why not the battle res?)
    Now this is a cool idea for first aid. I leveled up first aid in legion just to check it out. It had a couple entertaining quest-like things to do and had some bandage variety but all of it was so minuscule in what it actually did for the player. Would be really cool to see them take the profession in a different direction. Right now it definitely feels like a waste outside of the title. I was hoping I could use the bandages on the green dragon in ICC but it would only get off 1-2 ticks and then stop, we ended up using the bandage gun instead which worked well for that task.

Who even wants First Aid to be useful? Does anyone actually care about this profession?
    If anyone actually likes the fantasy of using bandages, they'd probably prefer it a spell/spec/class.

Some things First Aid could probably provide that would be useful:
    - Divine Intervention or Play Dead kits for wipes
    - CD Dart that resets a boss if enough people use it
    - Single-target Rez made more convenient
    - Reduced "Recently Bandaged" debuff
    - Bandage channel not being broken by damage
    - Wraps that prevent curse/poison/disease/bleed for some seconds
    - Mass Revival kit
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-11-27 at 04:10 PM.