Might I ask why we are not allowed to ignore Moderators?

Is there any specific reason we are not allowed to ignore them?

I don't get it. Apart from them moderating that specific forum they are posters just like us are they not?

Because if they comment in a thread telling people to stop posting about some random off-topic thing, and you can't see it and continue to, you'll end up bitching to a supermod that you got infracted/banned and that "you didn't know because you couldn't see it as you had them on ignore".

If you have a problem with a mod, talk to someone above them.

Probably because it's impossible to differentiate between the times they are normal posters and the times they post as moderators.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    Why, at the end of the day, do we have to follow laws? I mean, they are made by people at the end of the day just like us.
    Let's not start comparing a real law to the rules of a forum please. It's two totally different scales of things and an over exaggeration.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Because if they comment in a thread telling people to stop posting about some random off-topic thing, and you can't see it and continue to, you'll end up bitching to a supermod that you got infracted/banned and that "you didn't know because you couldn't see it as you had them on ignore".

If you have a problem with a mod, talk to someone above them.
    Good point I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Is there any specific reason we are not allowed to ignore them?

I don't get it. Apart from them moderating that specific forum they are posters just like us are they not?
    I think it is in the title, my friend, 'moderators'. I can see why, as moderators can on their section request to be moved to other parts of their forum if they are more active there. As well, they are part of the team of administrating the site and it would be harder if people were to put them on ignore. You wouldn't be able to see their warnings and so on, could cost more infractions for no reason.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Probably because it's impossible to differentiate between the times they are normal posters and the times they post as moderators.
    Well the real fix is to have moderator accounts from which the mods can ONLY moderate, and then they have a normal account from which they CANNOT moderate. Problem solved.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

It's pretty much what has already been said, warnings and thread messages are important and having people not be able to see those just because of who happens to post it would be a big problem. There's some other fringe cases for other things as well but it's not really worth going into detail on those.

Well the real fix is to have moderator accounts from which the mods can ONLY moderate, and then they have a normal account from which they CANNOT moderate. Problem solved.
    If I had to guess, the reason they dont do that, is so that its clear that the mods are just normal fans and part of the community, too. I would probably do it your way too, but I guess I never had to run a website, so what do I know :>
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just scroll past their posts if they annoy you or don't engage with them in a conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    I don't think it's particularly beneficial to our users to have invisible mods. We want mods posting on the forum so the community knows who they are. The idea of having second accounts to switch back and forth between posting and warning/infracting is logistically annoying for the mod, and a decrease in transparency and familiarity for our users. Our users should know who mods are and having alt accounts impedes that (and frankly, would be hypocritical in light of our rules against secondary accounts).

It's also trying to solve a problem that I'm not sure is a problem. I'm not sure what is really meant by telling between when they are a "normal poster" and when they are a mod. Are we talking about when they are capable of moderating? You can see if they have permission on that forum by looking at the forum index page. If we're talking about the purpose of the post itself, that should be easily discernable by the content whether they are discussing the topic or guiding/warning discussion. Ultimately, a mod is always a mod even if they are participating in discussion like a user. There is no special time when they are "off duty" or anything like that.

Anyway, since Arlee and others have answered the OP's question quite sufficiently, I'm locking this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |