View Poll Results: Are you in a guild? Or want to be in a guild?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • No

9 5.29%
  • Yes

144 84.71%
  • No, and I Never will

5 2.94%
  • No but I'm open minded

12 7.06%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Casual guilds can have the same elitist kinds of attitudes. "If you're not like us, you're wrong"
    that's more like ethnocentrism.. A elitist Is someone who thinks they are the best and that the guild should be full of the best. "just not better then them." i've played with people like this..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Yet you are the one calling the OP trash, because of a difference of opinions
    I'm using his own reasonning,he pretty much called the guilds he was in trash.
    He wouldn't have got in there without being like them

Kinda sounds like you might be the problem. From the language you've used in your initial posts, and your responses, you sound like you're 16.

Also, why is the lack of self-pronounced female players even mentioned in a thread about a guild? Are you saying guilds are bad because they have no female players? Are you hinting that each guild should have a readily available list of their members w/gender?

Some reasons to join a guild..
    1. Social interaction.
    2. Structured group play, whether it be pve (raiding/M+), pvp (RBG's, Arena, World), or RP.
    3. Help/Assistance for a new player.

So much hate in that thread opening..

Honestly there's infinite variety of guilds out there. If you find yourself unable to find a guild that isn't a positive experience to you, the problem stops being about the guilds after a while.

I wouldn't be playing this game without guilds. I lead a large guild on a RP server. Half of us are girls. They do play. We have a real life meet every year or so. I get most of my enjoyment from the game out of my guildies.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-11-27 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to dissect this creation, my dear doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    Are you all in a guild?
    Yes, I am in multiple guilds, and I enjoy them all.

What the hell is the point in being in a guild?
    Multiple points, my dear rager;
    Social aspects.
    Raiding.
    Rated Battlegrounds.
    Roleplaying.
    Friends' guild.
    Better than being guildless.

All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in....
    Define, 'fake people'. What of these actions makes them fake? The part of them wanting to invite you happily, so you can bolster their roster and maybe become a member? Or the part of them maybe not wanting to assist you with everything you demand?

90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist!
    That is rather an ignorant statement without any confirmed numbers or genuine facts. And that is for your preveious statement as well, that humans of the female gender doesn't venture into this game, for there you are rather ignorant and false too.

Bonus question: 'Are you, of a female gender?' If not, are you not as fake as your avatar?

this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this!
    Dramatized events within guild rosters will always happen, the part of you experiencing this often could reveal that you might be part of the problem? Not all guilds are bad, or have people with rage or fake members alone.

I'm so glad they blocked guild invs...
    You have proposed a solution to your whole thread and should just follow this, and not create further drama.

How many of you all have it turned off?
    I have not, nor have I any plans of doing so on guildless characters - the others are in guilds.

LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon...
    You have taken previous mentioned solution into use, and shouldn't be of need to create more of a problem. Your pool of statistics already show a solid result.

its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild...
    Again, do take note to use your previous mentioned features, as well as features in the form of blocking members of the community you do not wish to talk with.

they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    I assure you, they don't. For the age requirement wouldn't protect the game, nor the community as people at the age of 30 can act like little intolerable spawn compared to some members younger who has the ability to act more adult than the ones older.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I am in a guild with several friendly people with who I can talk about the game, lore, music, RL and anything. I was lucky to find one led by people that care for it, and the social aspect of it and I would not change.
    If/When WoW ends, I'd stay in contact with some of those people.

I kinda understand the idea of thinking in most of the guilds as something absurd I mean: I've been a hardcore player since TBC to end of MoP but I continue doing all the possible content without guilds (hc and CM/m+15 or higher) which is my idea of casual.

The thing is i tried to be in guilds who raid 1/2 times per week but i simply can't, so many fails so many people getting carried and after that many times I can't deal with that. And if i have to be honest I like the idea of not being in the obligation of having to raid each certain days, something that is great with my work since it changes my free days each week.

I'm not saying that all the guilds in wow are retarded, just the ones who don't clear even full HC. No offense.

To store your shit in a guild bank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist! this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon... its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    My goodness, so much angst. So much edge. What are you, 12?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dremn View Post
    I'm not saying that all the guilds in wow are retarded, just the ones who don't clear even full HC. No offense.
    I'd say the same thing about someone who judges the worth of a guild on which difficulty setting it raids on. No offense.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

My guild is mostly the people I raid with ? That's why I'm in a guild.

So the people I spend 9h/week at least playing the game and have fun with, and I also have old guildees from previous servers on alts and luckly we have some discord guilds now since people are cross-realm.

What's the fun in playing this game WITHOUT a guild? WOW is the most boring game of them all if you play it solo.

If a raider, guild would help. If not, and don't care about raiding, are fine with LFR or LFD and doing crap on your own - then you don't need a guild. Unless of course, you just want one for your character(s) to increase bank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

What's the fun in playing this game WITHOUT a guild? WOW is the most boring game of them all if you play it solo.
    Why do you have to be in a guild to chat shit with friends? I don't raid and nor do they so there is no point in being in a guild imho.

Just so you can rely on idiots to help carry you through raids and get loot.

Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild?
    Making friends, finding a core build for whatever you prefer to do in WoW.

All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist!
    I'm sorry about that. Frankly, you just have bad luck. I'm in a semi-hardcore guild. I may display 'autistic' behaviour but as long as I perform above normal, follow mechanics, follow rules and don't ruin gameplay for others, I fit in. My guild is pro-trumppppppp and hardcore in beliefs I dont agree with, but we get along fine because no one poops on someone else's hands. We all just find a common ground or tolerate each other. I love them.

p.s. we have over 4 gals in our guild. I love most of 'em and they contribute much more than the males do but I dont care about gender roles. They are amazing. <33333 em all.

this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon...
    I was guildless for about 2 years. I was just a ganker then. Got my bloodthirsty title in a very short and quick period of time. I just didn't socialize. No need to do so when you are a ganker.

its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    Well, that's your belief. But then who will pay for carries? A few friends and I will sell carries for M+ for like 200,000g or something crazy and mostly guildless kids will buy em. Without them, I'd have to buy wow tokens. Too lazy to work the AH anymore.

All in all, the point of guilds is what you make of 'em. That's why there's so many. Maybe trial a few and find something you like. I don't like casual guilds, so when I find one I stick to it ti'll i get tired of WoW, not the guild, and take a year+ break.

Maybe being in a guild isn't something your behaviour or attitude allows you? Just make your own. Not trying to flame or blame you, but 99% time when my friends say they got into another car accident or for the 8th time, they dont realize it's them causing most of em, from not signaling, to speeding or driving at high speeds. I've come to realize it's the same with qqr's, who dont like X or hate on Y because they don't realize that they are somehow the issue.

p.p.s

I have a 942 il equipped lock I geared solo w/o guild from M+ pugs and 1 mythic run [killed 3 bosses].
    938 il quipped rogue I geared mostly solo from M+. 1 Mythic piece from just 1 mythic boss kill.

You don't need a guild, but if you pve outside of any type of questing, you kinda need one... pugging is tooo tiresome, hard work and it's annoying to filter.
    Last edited by Packofcrows; 2017-11-27 at 08:54 PM. Reason: hit enter by accident

A well functioning social guild is just about the only thing that makes this game have lasting staying power outside of new content releases to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'd say the same thing about someone who judges the worth of a guild on which difficulty setting it raids on. No offense.
    idk how many years you have been playing this game but after almost 13 years on it i have seen stop playing shit tons of rl/guild friends and at this point, i play almost alone only to do that, play the game itself and nothing else. If i wanted to do new friends probably i wouldn't play wow.

All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways)
    My guild includes a bunch of women from their 20s to their 50s, partly because the officers don't put up with guys like you.

Angry What the hell is the point in being in a guild?
    Poon tang pie. I always get lots of it.

With the addition of the premade finder guilds have become pointless. All they do is cause stress with work-like schedules, boss-like leaders, and the assorted dregs busy trolling guild chat with political propaganda and sexual harassment.

Avoid pugs, if you find a guild with you skill level and good schedulle you are gonna save a lot of time of progression.