Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Allied Races - WTF?

Will being able to play as a Zandalari be cool? Yes.

Why the fuck is it a separate race though? Because they are greedy little fucks.

You have your max level Lightforged Draenei you hopefully leveled up and didn't pay $25 for a race change for... so what distinguishes you from a regular Draenei? You have different negligible racials. K. You have heritage armor. But does that mean for anyone to ever know you're a Lightforged Draenei you have to use your heritage armor always?

Sounds like shit to me.

Why not:
    • Offer these heritage sets and restrict them to the "main" race after you do the lore questline?
    • Simply add extra cosmetic options to the character select screen for each race?
    • And hey, this is REALLY out there, but maybe since players paid $70 for the expansion you can throw in a free race change or two?

How do you completely fuck up a most-wanted feature like subraces like this? People might have 100hrs into their Draenei or Tauren main. Is it acceptable to ask them to pay $25 for some tattoos and just some extra cosmetic options, that, let's be frank, should've been in the game for years.

Well the way it's designed currently they either

1) Make money off race changes

or

2) Get more MAU to tout on the investor calls

Win/win. Oh and since they're primarily cosmetic they can try to avoid the EA/lootbox backlash so win/win/win.

I do agree that the barbershop mechanic is vastly underused which I think is because they realized they could make money off it. I would not be surprised to see cosmetic packs (hair/face/etc) for sale in the Blizzard store at some point but for now they have to introduce cosmetic changes like this on the sly. Unlock it and reroll your main! * or purchase a race change!

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it's literally how new races have always worked lol. Also only 100 hours into their main? More like 100 days lol

I prefer the way they are doing it with Allied Races over just expanding the customization on existing races.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    But does that mean for anyone to ever know you're a Lightforged Draenei you have to use your heritage armor always?
    Lightforged Draenei have golden eyes (instead of silvery blue), golden tattoos, different horns, different hairstyles, and I think their hooves glow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Will being able to play as a Zandalari be cool? Yes.

Why the fuck is it a separate race though? Because they are greedy little fucks.

You have your max level Lightforged Draenei you hopefully leveled up and didn't pay $25 for a race change for... so what distinguishes you from a regular Draenei? You have different negligible racials. K. You have heritage armor. But does that mean for anyone to ever know you're a Lightforged Draenei you have to use your heritage armor always?

Sounds like shit to me.

Why not:
    • Offer these heritage sets and restrict them to the "main" race after you do the lore questline?
    • Simply add extra cosmetic options to the character select screen for each race?
    • And hey, this is REALLY out there, but maybe since players paid $70 for the expansion you can throw in a free race change or two?

How do you completely fuck up a most-wanted feature like subraces like this? People might have 100hrs into their Draenei or Tauren main. Is it acceptable to ask them to pay $25 for some tattoos and just some extra cosmetic options, that, let's be frank, should've been in the game for years.
    The whole concept is pretty lame. Having players re-level classes they probably already have? Yea no thanks. Leveling is already boring as shit. Why would it be more interesting if you were a void elf or a highmountain tauren? It won't be; it's the same pointless chore so blizz can say playtimes are at an all time high lol. The heritage armor looks like dog shit anyways. I won't be doing any of these quest lines or re-leveling any characters.

Deleted
    "we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

"omfg blizzard such a cash grabbing whores forcing to race ranche for money !!!11!1"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    The whole concept is pretty lame. Having players re-level classes they probably already have? Yea no thanks. Leveling is already boring as shit. Why would it be more interesting if you were a void elf or a highmountain tauren? It won't be; it's the same pointless chore so blizz can say playtimes are at an all time high lol. The heritage armor looks like dog shit anyways. I won't be doing any of these quest lines or re-leveling any characters.
    Don't like it then don't level? Rather easy concept...

You or the OP may not like it but I and others have no problems...I like variety and new races add to that.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    "we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

"omfg blizzard such a cash grabbing whores forcing to race ranche for money !!!11!1"
    Sounds about right, these people can never be pleased. This is how every race has been added since the beginning and I still have to, and will continue, to laugh at people who think companies are terrible for trying to make money, you know, the thing all companies are designed to do? Best way to get money from people, give them what they want, if players didnt want this, they wouldnt add it. I'm attached to my main, i won't ever race change him, but that doesn't mean i won't make alts and enjoy playing them, or at least seeing more options available.

Kids need to calm down.... plus, it's not like you change race every couple days, if it's something you've always wanted to play but couldn't until now, i think you can part with a small amount of cash....

"we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

Hehe well done!

They could have been customizations instead of new races (well, except Nightborne and Void Elves). The starting zone is the problem. Doesn't make much sense for a Highmountain Tauren to start in Mulgore or a Lightforged Draenei to start at the Exodar.

Deleted
    Or you could just farm gold and pay the race change with it. Problem solved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    I prefer the way they are doing it with Allied Races over just expanding the customization on existing races.
    me too /10charsandmore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    I mean it's literally how new races have always worked lol. Also only 100 hours into their main? More like 100 days lol
    Except these aren't really new races. They are sub races by another name. New races in the past come with their own lore, starting zone, etc etc and are very different. No one was going to mistake a worgen or goblin for another race. These have the downside of new races in terms of effort but aren't really all that different so they don't have the advantages of a new race.

"we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

Well said. Someone somewhere will always complain about something about Blizzard.

"we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

You do realize those are two completely different voices right?

having this shit as cosmetic things would be the worst thing ever.

it needs to have a lore introduction.

my god, it never ceases to amaze me how shallow people want the game to be, jesus christ.

Deleted
    Well first of all:

It is a new race which only differs in for of racials and I pretty much doubt they will be significantly more powerful than all the current racials... *cough AoE Silcence/stun bloodlust*

Secondly they are going to revamp leveling with the next patch, so we currently don't really know how bad or good leveling will be.

Thirdly if you really, really want that new appearence that will probably have no to only minor effects in gameplay, but really don't want to level, you can of course buy a boost, a race change or use the boost that will come with the BFA preorder.

So no it is not like they force you to level up a character with only 1/10th exp gain in white gear or pay for a boost. They just force you to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    They just force you to play the game.
    How dare they.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Exactly my point.

The only ones you can ALMOST argue are an entirely new race are Nightborne and Zandalari. Even then I think BOTH of these races are using the Night Elf skeleton/rigging.

No word on whether they're getting their own emotes, dances or racial mounts.

The rest of them are barbershop customization.
    Yea I thought the sub races were going to be things you could change about your character via barbershop.