I didn't expect the Packers to be in this game at all. Hundley is playing much better than the bar he set the previous games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Much less of a clunker than I thought this would be. GB could be a problem for the Seahawks if they can't lock up the division + Rodgers returns.
    I couldn't watch the rest of the early games (obviously) but those late afternoon games and this Sunday Night game have been pretty entertaining.

I LOVE late year football. Teams pretty much knwo who they are and it starts to be more and more about teams just executing plays they know they are good at, against defenses that know how to defend against certain plays.

It's less chaotic and more tactical and thought out. Quality is just better.

I'd been seriously getting into basketball but honestly nothing beats late season and playoff football. So good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I couldn't watch the rest of the early games (obviously) but those late afternoon games and this Sunday Night game have been pretty entertaining.

I LOVE late year football. Teams pretty much knwo who they are and it starts to be more and more about teams just executing plays they know they are good at, against defenses that know how to defend against certain plays.

It's less chaotic and more tactical and thought out. Quality is just better.

I'd been seriously getting into basketball but honestly nothing beats late season and playoff football. So good.
    Yeah September and October is just preseason but it counts on your record.

One thing I notice about post Dean Blandino being head of officiating is theres a lot more ref conferences before making a call on a close play.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Steelers

10+ Year Old Account
    Steelers squeak out another one. I think this was more on GB looking better on offense than anyone could have expected than Steelers necessarily doing anything wrong, but still, not quite the win you would expect from a 8-2 team against an 5-5 team when they are at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Week 15 looms VERY large in the AFC. Patriots on a short week at Pittsburgh.

Both teams have division games in week 13&14 so that might still throw things out of whack (and you never know with injuries)

Patriots at Bills and at Dolphins (on a Monday night)

Steelers at Bengals and home for Ravens.

Neither team has an easy stretch with those 3 games, but for the Patriots it's definitely the toughest stretch they face (and this was true basically when the schedule dropped).

My main worry with the Patriots is still injuries. Good coaching, well thought out game plans and covering weaknesses only goes so far and eventually you start running into teams that do all those things too AND still have most of their top guys and then things just go up in smoke.

I've stopped comparing this season to '15, cuase back then we started red hot and started losing players and momentum as the season went along. This year the team is getting better week by week despite losing players, but it's starting to get to a breaking point where a good team (and that might even be the Bills next week) can overcome the fact we have Tom Brady by simply having more healthy players.

We lost another OT today (and he was in a walking boot after the game, so I heavily suspect he won't be ready next week) and our best (only?) pass rusher and our best linebacker. Much will depend on the injury reports this week. >.<

- - - Updated - - -

Upcoming week is FANTASTIC btw.

Vikings at Falcons
    Patriots at Bills
    Lions at Ravens
    Panthers at Saints
    Eagles at Seahawks (Sunday night)
    Steelers at Bengals (Monday night Brawl)

That's another FUN lineup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Long as fuck day at work, but finally got a chance to watch replays and, oh my Julio. Marry me. There's a reason I ordered a Julio Jones Jersey!
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-11-27 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This years Chiefs team reminds me of the one that started 1-5 and then won ten in a row, except the opposite.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just sounds like the Falcons a few years back and the Vikings last year, although I think the Chiefs will fall harder than the Vikings did.

The Chiefs going on this losing streak is going to make the AFCW like it was the season Denver won it with Tebow attempting to be a QB with an 8-8 record. Should be interesting to see who has the worst record between the AFCW winner and the 2nd AFC wildcard, because there is a chance one, if not both end up being 7-9.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This years Chiefs team reminds me of the one that started 1-5 and then won ten in a row, except the opposite.
    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/CHIEFS

Started off winning 9, went 2-5 the rest of the way, then lost that completely BONKERS playoff game against Andrew Luck, that put Luck on the map as the next best thing at QB**. They blew that playoff game 45-44 after having been up 38-10.

**(BOY have times changed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/CHIEFS

Started off winning 9, went 2-5 the rest of the way, then lost that completely BONKERS playoff game against Andrew Luck, that put Luck on the map as the next best thing at QB**. They blew that playoff game 45-44 after having been up 38-10.

**(BOY have times changed)
    I remember that playoff game. All the Chiefs players got hurt, Colts go on a tear, Andy Reid operates at peak Andy Reid clock management levels, Luck wins it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember that playoff game. All the Chiefs players got hurt, Colts go on a tear, Andy Reid operates at peak Andy Reid clock management levels, Luck wins it.
    Dis game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQskgXwhKI4

10+ Year Old Account
    Best outcome in the AFCW is likely a 10-6. But realistically you're getting a string of 9-7s with tie breakers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pats won but damn they had like a injury train going on lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I was 20 min in before I realized, wtf, why am I watching this? Fun game + bonus Mike Mayock commentary.

Paxton Lynch's injury is supposedly day-to-day. I thought he tore something, not just a mind ankle sprain with the way he was acting. Domata Peko sprained his MCL too, not sure about Wolfe. Lynch is out 2-4 weeks, hopefully the Dolphins, Jets and Colts don't ruin the top 5 pick dream.

I also saw the Gaine's personal foul penalty on the last drive of the Bills game. Some of these refs are getting Joe West, Angel Hernandez or CB Buckner bad. Both incompetent and making it look like they are calling things to alter the game.
    Last edited by Grube; 2017-11-27 at 09:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Martellus Bennett to IR
    Nate Ebner (special team's ace) to IR

Continues to chip chip chip away at Patriots depth. Funnily enough it will probably be the hardest to replace Ebner, since Bennett had done so little yet and Dwayne Allen was FINALLY starting to get going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting Seahawks injury news, because thats seemingly all thats going on with the team.

Shaq Griffin, Mike Davis are likely to come back this week. Rawls is healthy, so him getting one snap last week is intentional. Safe to say hes in the Tom Cable dog house. Luke Willson is still in the air with a concussion. Won't know until Thursday. Carroll is vague on concussions though.

Kam is shut down for the year. Avril is having a disc operation next week. Carroll is leaving it up to them if they want to come back to football. Malik McDowell is not coming back this season, Carroll states he hasn't made any progress. NFL career may be over before he even played a snap. Shead may start practicing soon, and a big surprise... Chris Carson has a good chance to start practicing in a week or so. Seattle has yet to use any of their IR returns.

In non Seahawks news:

Laughed pretty hard at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Houston having no problems on both sides early on. Savage looking competent, Ravens offense looking like the Ravens offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talib and 2 chains suspended 2 games.

Thats like the 2nd time this season I've seen Flacco's knee brace explode on a slide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talib and 2 chains suspended 2 games.
    Good.

Thats like the 2nd time this season I've seen Flacco's knee brace explode on a slide.
    I've seen it twice too and I missed this particular one. So at least three times it's happened then. Dude needs to learn how to slide.