Thread: gold farming

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos9949 View Post
    just get a wow token, 100% chance that blizzard wont lose the chance to put them in the new vanilla to make some extra bucks............
    Hush you. Keep them tokens on the retail version for "free" Vanilla time. It's already accepted there anyways, apparently.

Maraudon and dire maul solo farming on my hunter

The real gold farmers killed demons in Azshara for felcloth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Hush you. Keep them tokens on the retail version for "free" Vanilla time. It's already accepted there anyways, apparently.
    People are going to buy gold regardless, better the money goes to Blizzard than potentially going to the terrorists and drug cartels.

If you don't like it, you can just ignore them. It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy tokens.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2017-11-27 at 02:31 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    Skinning for Rugged Leather in the Burning Steppes wasn't a bad money maker in the late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll buy it from those who have enough time to farm it. I might try to game AH, but I'm not good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    People are going to buy gold regardless, better the money goes to Blizzard than potentially going to the terrorists and drug cartels.

If you don't like it, you can just ignore them. It's not like anyone's forcing you to buy tokens.
    I don't know if you are sarcastic or not.
    Basically this is a logic fallacy, because you end up allowing everything with it, defeating the very idea of designing the rules of the game for it to be enjoyable.
    It's not because people buy gold, runs, items, cheat engines, sell accounts... (whatever is against the rule but doable in practice) against Blizzard's will that Blizzard's will must automatically change to fit. It's not because a policy is not 100% effective that it should be scrapped "because people do X anyway".
    Assuming getting items for dollars and trade them for gold is bad for the ingame economy, and if it's worse the more you do it, and forbidding gold sellers limits that amount, it is a good thing to do. Even if it's not perfect.

Unless the money going through that to Blizzard and the token system as a whole is worth attacking the ingame economy, which is maybe what happened to Live.

EDIT : Oh I think based on the tone of some of your other posts, you were actually sarcastic x) ! My bad I was baited. Anyway my point stands
    Last edited by Koward; 2017-11-28 at 01:29 PM.

Usually there are way more effective ways to get your studf together. Everything depends on the price niveau of the server, but usually it is more effective to farm some other trade goods, selling them and by herbs/consumables by the gold you made. Essences, receips, enchant mats, vanilla offers a lot of trade besides the usual ones . With some gear dire maul farming or tyrs hand farming becomes pretty attractive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    Assuming injecting gold from dollars is bad for the ingame economy
    I can't really follow your comment, but if you imply tokens inject gold, you're wrong. Gold is traded between players.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomgan View Post
    I ran a ton of Stratholme Scarlet/living ninjaing righteous orbs for the crusader enchant. 2-3 orbs dropped each run and they sold for 25-30g each on my server.

I don't remember farming for gold, but I did farm most mats for the gear/enchants I wanted instead of buying it. Like Lionheart helm. I was a paladin so the 100% mount was cheap since I could farm most of the mats myself as a miner.
    This. Assuming my friends and I stick it out to max level again I will do a shit ton of strat scarlet for orbs silk etc. On the side it will be blacksmithing and mining. Dungeon farming will be a major money maker for me. Will be doing the tanking so with a solid group we can make a good amount of gold. Mainly need it for repairs due to how the damn repair system used to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I can't really follow your comment, but if you imply tokens inject gold, you're wrong. Gold is traded between players.
    Sorry, you are completely right. Dollars only give you an ingame item which has a gold value, but you're right no gold is ever injected, including with illegal gold sellers. I don't know why that slipped over my head. I edited my post to change that, thanks.
    Still, I believe having the ability to buy items instead of farming them to in the end resell them is just a bad idea.

If I end up playing it seriously, probably by selling boosts for gold, professions and ah.

Deleted
    Gold Farming = Drug Addicted sound more like me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    how do you plan to farm gold?

I think I will be a mining/herbing mage that farms BRD, that gets you about 100g an hour on average
    I'm gonna plan on working on my enchanting like I did when I played original Vanilla. Depending on which enchants you get you can make an absolute killing sitting in your factions main city spamming trade chat.

Off the top of my head crusader enchant and agility enchant to weapon were great money makers and relatively easy to attain if you were willing to put the time in. Then if you are considering going the raiding route and happen to be lucky enough to get a raid enchant you are set.

Back in vanilla i had 15,000 gold just by being a raider and an enchanter. But then again I had absolutely no life back then and literally played 24/7.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?