View Poll Results: What's the first thing you check?

Voters
37. This poll is closed
  • Title

3 8.11%
  • Eq

3 8.11%
  • Transmog

19 51.35%
  • Achievement pts.

6 16.22%
  • Other

6 16.22%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What is the first thing you check?

Say you're doing anything from bg, a world boss, event, lfr, real raid, random hc or just wq or out in the world... what is the first thing you check? And don't everyone say eq now

Check on whom? If I check the people I am in a party with? I almost never do that. If I accidentally see a title I like, I maybe check how to obtain it. I never look at gear, unles I am in a normal+ PUG and something is not right (healing/dps/tank deaths). Then, maybe I check to see what the RL "recruited" from the LFG tool.
    For random BG's I never do it. Lfr? world boss? lol.

Maybe I didn't understand the quesiton...

Wtf are you talking about?

10+ Year Old Account
    This feels to be a vague question. I'll try...

BG: Is there healers, is the enemy russians.
    World Boss: Do I need tokens.
    Event: Is there any new achievements.
    LFR: Anything looking cool?
    Real Raid: Do I have buff food and flasks, is my specc going to be good enough.
    HC: What is the dungeon, steamroll.
    Out in the world: Rare I might be missing, any missed achievements?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Defo Achievment points, makes my e peen feel so much bigger.

Even when i browse Guild mates, its sorted by achievment points and im allways number one. Even without pvp

Madness will consume you!!!

I'd probably be more likely to check random achievements to drown in nostalgic memory for a few seconds, and see if any old achievements I've left hanging suddenly light up for me. (They usually don't, but I do like remembering old achievements.) I might check my collection window to see if there's any new inspiration for a new outfit -- because if there's a piece I don't have for an outfit I want, I might work on doing an old thing for whatever I'm missing. World quests I'll probably check as I spam the map, as I'm the kind of person who always keeps that thing open. I usually also browse the map like I do the achievement or collections windows - to see if I go, "oh, an item with a chance of Titanforging into being useful." (But if you meant EverQuest, I'm far more likely to have Blade & Soul or Tera open in the background.) To be honest I never really ever check LFR or even do it during the course of a week. I may check it once a month on one alt, and spam all the dungeons at once. I may just flood my queue with LFR runs if I'm for some reason playing DPS (so I'll cross fingers for DPS draught on fights like Xavius or Gul'dan so I can just hit something for loot.)

When I load up a new character, they always start you with "The Elder" title. I always have to axe that to "No Title" immediately on zoning in. (Also futzing with settings that never carry over, such as Auto-Loot.)
    Last edited by Razion; 2017-11-28 at 08:55 AM.

What's eq? everquest?

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Say you're doing anything from bg, a world boss, event, lfr, real raid, random hc or just wq or out in the world... what is the first thing you check? And don't everyone say eq now
    The primary check for ANYTHING in life is to weed out and remove confident people. There is a massively high correlation between confident people and jerks that ruin everything. You want humble, hard working people to build your group with (for anything, not just WoW). Modern society is currently in a state where all expertise is kinda lost in this area, and we seriously think confidence is a GOOD thing (which it is not).

It makes it incredibly easy for me to build groups though. I just select out & remove the confident people and BAM!...good group. I've built many guilds across several realms doing this by accident over the years just by leveling alts on various realms and setting up some pug raids.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Check? Its go go go go man, no time to check stuff!

What is EQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Check? Its go go go go man, no time to check stuff!

What is EQ?
    Equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The primary check for ANYTHING in life is to weed out and remove confident people. There is a massively high correlation between confident people and jerks that ruin everything. You want humble, hard working people to build your group with (for anything, not just WoW). Modern society is currently in a state where all expertise is kinda lost in this area, and we seriously think confidence is a GOOD thing (which it is not).

It makes it incredibly easy for me to build groups though. I just select out & remove the confident people and BAM!...good group. I've built many guilds across several realms doing this by accident over the years just by leveling alts on various realms and setting up some pug raids.
    You sound pretty confident in your ability to read and select the correct people and to build guilds. Suppose you need to do something about that!

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    You sound pretty confident in your ability to read and select the correct people and to build guilds. Suppose you need to do something about that!
    Hey its true tho. As I say about hiring office people. I'd mostly ignore the resume and throw a bucket of mail in front of them and tell them to open it. If they can do that fast, they can do pretty much anything because that's humble work. You gotta be humble and hard working to rapidly open mail in 2017. That's probably 1 out of every 25 possible hires that might open mail fast? 1 in 50? Once you get those people, check for some basics and hire them.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

None of the content that you listed can be affected by player skill/experience in any way. A kitten playing whack-a-mole with a keyboard could do that content. I don't even read names in that sort of content, much less bother looking at anything on your list.

In real content where players being bad could waste my time I pull up the armory and look at their mythic raid progression for the most recent tier. For example, If i'm trying to pug a +10 mythic keystone for the week I look at the progression of the leader of groups, if they aren't somewhere around 6/9 mythic right now I just don't bother. Anyone can get over 930 ilvl right now, which is more than enough for most content. So current raid experience helps weed out the players who got that ilvl by wiping to a +10 dungeon for 1-2 hours every week.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Hey its true tho. As I say about hiring office people. I'd mostly ignore the resume and throw a bucket of mail in front of them and tell them to open it. If they can do that fast, they can do pretty much anything because that's humble work. You gotta be humble and hard working to rapidly open mail in 2017. That's probably 1 out of every 25 possible hires that might open mail fast? 1 in 50? Once you get those people, check for some basics and hire them.
    There's a difference between confidence and pride. Someone could consider themselves above opening mail, but if you know you're really good at opening mail, you're confident in your ability to do it.

Deleted
    Check my teammates

Kokolums, I can confidently say that my (successful) company would not hire you

Kokolums is the most interesting person in this thread and superior to the rest.
    @Topic: I check nothing, I don't care.

Usually check my class hall missions first

Deleted
    I check HP first. It was always a good indicator to esteem player power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Transmog.

If your transmog is shit then so are you.