Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you are planning to play Vanilla for the PvE content, you might as well not bother at all. All the raids will be facerolled the minute you have decent raid size of lvl60's.

Only reason to play vanilla anyway is to roll rogue and gank STV.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Bunch of people going to be shocked when they get their shit pushed in because they have no idea what aggro is actually like, or how important CC is, or how unforgiving those "easy" mechanics are.
    Agreed. This thread is full of idiots who sound like they never raided past Molten Core, if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't recall the gases moving THAT quick. There were annoying mechanics, and they weren't as intuitive as they are today. A lot of preplanning for all fights in Classic for sure.

Strategy and numbers were a nerd's dream. Something I'll be able to enjoy again come Classic.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2017-11-27 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Stuff was much harder starting with AQ40, like C'Thun. But even then it wasn't super hard, but I really enjoyed world bosses being simple cos it was more about the pvp battles surrounding them than the boss itself. I raided some of mythic ToS today and Naxx40 back in the day and I gotta say I prefer the more laid back raiding approach where it wasn't just 1 person messes up = wipe. Raiding back in the day was a social experience with your guild every night, lot's of banter and unwinding after school. Even though raids did take a lot of time back in the day it was so special in a way.

I am going to be disappointed if blizzard doesn't also put back in the griefing possibilities there were in vanilla, people want the vanilla experience then they too should be blown to hell at any time because someone hearthed to Orgrimmar right after he got Baron Geddons 'living bomb' dot.

10+ Year Old Account
    As its been said, MC, Ony, and World Bosses are kinda faceroll. get 40 people together, be smart and you'll get loots.

There were a few gimmicks to each fight. Magmadar you needed Dwarf Priest, Shaman in every group, and/or warrior that knew how to Stance Dance and NOT die, or Geddon's Living Bomb "Run To The Safe Spot", or learning how to get out of the lava on Ragnaros. It wasn't until BWL that Blizzard started stepping up mechanics, with Razorgore being a MAJOR mechanic check fight, Vael being a Tank Check (can you stay #2 #3 #4 etc on threat?) etc.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

When you say Green Dragons, I think:

They are hard to beat. Gear is very important, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Nope, that's what Vanilla is like. Raid mechanics in Vanilla make Legion-LFR look difficult.

As others have said, it's about the pre-raid grind, getting people geared up, resistance gear, getting the Onyxia cloak to be able to do Nefarion in BWL, etc. - that is of course assuming you can get 30-40 people together to make a raid. Half of the people in Vanilla raids were DC/AFK/lagging out due to everyone playing on potatoes, and not to mention the lack of knowledge/player ability was massive back then even compared to the idiots you see now.

Basically, they will be steamrolled WHEN people get to them.
    And the "when" people get there won't take that too terribly long.

It'll be just like vanilla, only we will be armed with the prexisting knowledge of every little bug, tweak, quest and pixel.

Basically, with all this knowledge and stable servers, regardless of the 'grind' that was Vanilla, it will be steamrolled in no time. And don't tell me people still don't hardcore out like they did in vaniller, someone doing 3200 M+ maw of souls runs for a 6th legendary and 10 endless AP slots is about as insane as someone looking to raid naxx.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Nowadays M raiders would just roflstomp through those raids and go /fart full of epics in front of those purists. That is the only reason I want to play vanilla to ninjaloot all the items on bosses and swap from guild to guild and piss on their "omg I farmed that item for 4 months I'll make a ticket to ban you lmao"
    I’m guessing your trolling but I’ll bite: People like you are why I dislike today’s cross-realm option. I’m also guessing you never played during Vanilla because if you did, you would know that people like you got a bad reputation on your server pretty quick and nobody would accept you into their guild or even a group

Quote Originally Posted by wowkitten View Post
    Stuff was much harder starting with AQ40, like C'Thun. But even then it wasn't super hard, but I really enjoyed world bosses being simple cos it was more about the pvp battles surrounding them than the boss itself. I raided some of mythic ToS today and Naxx40 back in the day and I gotta say I prefer the more laid back raiding approach where it wasn't just 1 person messes up = wipe. Raiding back in the day was a social experience with your guild every night, lot's of banter and unwinding after school. Even though raids did take a lot of time back in the day it was so special in a way.
    The way you describe raiding in vanilla is pretty much describing modern casual raiding.

Plus, have one person die on Thaddius. Lol.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I'd wager that most people here talking about stomping MC and raids not even being difficult "until" BWL (lol guys, it was the second raid tier) did not go through the entire experience of progression in MC, wiping bc you didn't quite have the gear or resistance. The guilds that have been clearing first tier raids in questing greens and blues will remain the only people who do so on classic, regardless of how "knowledgeable" everyone is these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Garr was fun without real raid markers.

Spend 15min getting all the warlocks targeting the right elemental with the addon. Oops one clicked again, start over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    Nowadays M raiders would just roflstomp through those raids and go /fart full of epics in front of those purists. That is the only reason I want to play vanilla to ninjaloot all the items on bosses and swap from guild to guild and piss on their "omg I farmed that item for 4 months I'll make a ticket to ban you lmao"
    Good luck with that after you are server blacklisted after the second guild :3
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Even at max level in later expansions you could tell Vanilla bosses are kinda barebones and dull in terms of mechanics.

Molten Core, a raid they threw together in a week or something, being the most obvious.

Deleted
    Christ....... the negativity in here. Just don't play it if bothers you that much!

Those + "mana management" and "holding agro".
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    This.

Lethon was insane, like 8 guilds iirc or so killed the original version, his shadowbolt volleys was like ouro on roids.
    Taerar was abit easier but still quite hard..
    Emeriss was easier than the 2 dark ones, but not as easy as Ysondre (which was the one some killed with smaller groups later)

They all debuffed you for 15m (mark of nature) or so if you died.
    Incapacitating you from corpserunning and combat ressing (which was a huge thing earlier in vanilla).
    That cant be true hell i was in a guild that killed lethon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    its funny avoidable though, you are just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    your not actually playing your class, its the same reason why you don't watch a video then instantly first time a new boss, sometimes you might get lucky, but for the most part YOU still have to perform the actions that leads to your success.

target dummies don't really put you in any dynamic situations, even if the damage is low there is still a dynamic missing that you get from a boss encounter that you don't get just standing in front of a dummy that isn't moving.

for example you can't practice healing 30 ppl who are randomly taking damage, with target dummies. you can't really practice what you need to be doing as a tank, you can watch a video sure, but its nice to be able to get in there and try it yourself. even if it is easy its meant to be its practise.

honestly though what is quite funny is that the LFR isn't actually that easy to heal, the level of fuck up is so extreme, healing the LFR is sometimes harder than healing a guild heroic run. i'd even go as far as to say that the LFR is only easy because the healing carries it. if the healers are as shit as the average shitty lfr raider, nothing is going to die.
    The bottom of this post is just wrong. People aren't taking damage in LFR, so you can't practice healing. I've queued for LFR every tier as a healer and I always just switch to DPS because there isn't anyone to heal. Maybe you're referring to previous expansions, I don't remember how healing was then honestly but I know I usually queue healer and just DPS anyways because there's nothing to do. And you're not learning how to tank because you can just ignore all of the mechanics.

try doing a brand new lfr wing release week, sure en lfr might be hilariously steam rolled right now, if ppl just stand there doing nothing, it'll be a wipe. this is the problem, its aimed at ppl who aren't clad in top end gear and get saved to heroic every week, its obviously aimed more at the person who doesn't raid with a guild and has dungeon blues or world quest rewards.

I went to LFR last week for the first time in a month. I have my AOTC.

I did top healing, with 850k on KJ. We still wiped three times. LFR is not "steamroll" right now, even a week before new content. Sure, it's faceroll for heroic raiders, but there are a lot of casual people in LFR.