Page 22 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    only batgirl anybody gives a shit about

I actually liked the Stephanie Brown run as Batgirl, and probably my favourite is Cassandra Cain. Barbara was better as Oracle.

Just keep Bruce Timm away from batgirl. The man is a legend for his work on the animated series but the latest films have been questionable.

Batgirl sex scene n all.....o.O

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just keep Bruce Timm away from batgirl. The man is a legend for his work on the animated series but the latest films have been questionable.

Batgirl sex scene n all.....o.O
    i always hated that it was canon in the timmverse that bruce fucked barbara while she was dating dick, fucking barbara at all really.

the bat family is full of pseudo children bruce has made himself responsible for. its creepy and weird. bruce sleeping with babs is like a dad sleeping with his daughter and doubly makes bruce look like the worst jerk because he knew babs was with dick at the time

the new movie is worse because it makes it explicit when in the original shows it was atleast somewhat subtle and only fully confirmed in bb
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

i always hated that it was canon in the timmverse that bruce fucked barbara while she was dating dick, fucking barbara at all really.

the bat family is full of pseudo children bruce has made himself responsible for. its creepy and weird. bruce sleeping with babs is like a dad sleeping with his daughter and doubly makes bruce look like the worst jerk because he knew babs was with dick at the time

the new movie is worse because it makes it explicit when in the original shows it was atleast somewhat subtle and only fully confirmed in bb
    Yeah its borderline creepy because batman/batgirl is essentially a teacher/student type relationship or father/daughter as you said. And shes quite young as well I think.

I prefer it when batmans mistress is gotham. Always gotten the vibe he doesnt have time for relationships or doesnt want the weakness having a loved one brings. So to see him randomly fucking a student and one that wants to desperately impress him to be taken seriously is weird af.

The odd bit of flirting with Catwoman/Poison Ivy is fine because seduction is part of their arsenal.

Don't need the cheap relationship/love triangle parlor tricks
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-11-27 at 06:40 AM.

only batgirl anybody gives a shit about

Ugh, the only Batgirl run anyone cares about is the worst Batgirl run there's been in a solo series? Barbara was better as Oracle than she ever was as Batgirl, both Cass and Steph's runs were better.

The odd bit of flirting with Catwoman/Poison Ivy is fine because seduction is part of their arsenal.

Don't need the cheap relationship/love triangle parlor tricks
    I'm not a DC comic reader really, so it's just an outsiders opinion, but: I always figured Batgirl, Robin, others were like "normal" people in the crazy world. Batman/Catgirl's not-relationship, but whatever, is perfect because I think they're both crazy people in that crazy world. I've always found Uma Thurman repulsive, so her stint as Ivy has ruined the idea of her, though she's been fun with Harley in the show.

Basically, all Batman's villains are nutjobs, and Batman is so good against them because he's also a nutjob. Dating a normal person will never work, because it'd be like Joker turning Harley from normal to nutjob.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Ugh, the only Batgirl run anyone cares about is the worst Batgirl run there's been in a solo series? Barbara was better as Oracle than she ever was as Batgirl, both Cass and Steph's runs were better.
    if it is the worst run then why is her solo book and birds of prey one of dc's best selling books out right now?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

if it is the worst run then why is her solo book and birds of prey one of dc's best selling books out right now?
    Why don't you think of a possible answer to this question and get back to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'm not a DC comic reader really, so it's just an outsiders opinion, but: I always figured Batgirl, Robin, others were like "normal" people in the crazy world. Batman/Catgirl's not-relationship, but whatever, is perfect because I think they're both crazy people in that crazy world. I've always found Uma Thurman repulsive, so her stint as Ivy has ruined the idea of her, though she's been fun with Harley in the show.

Basically, all Batman's villains are nutjobs, and Batman is so good against them because he's also a nutjob. Dating a normal person will never work, because it'd be like Joker turning Harley from normal to nutjob.
    Yeah I thats a fair point about robin/batgirl. Apart from robins backstory hes a fairly normal lad.

I like the Ivy in the arkham video games. Using her ability to speak to plant life to just take cities by siege with massive vines. The recent videos games did a pretty good job on the characters all round.

But yeah i agree with you point

Is it really? For some reason, I doubt it’s true.

Nvm, just looked it up. Not even close to true.
    Last edited by ohiostate124; 2017-11-28 at 02:54 AM.

Well, for starters, it's not, so...

Its not even close to being one of their best selling books.

Any of you guys gonna post stats to back it up or just feel like saying "that isnt true"

Any of you guys gonna post stats to back it up or just feel like saying "that isnt true"
    Who cares, really? You can dig through the numbers, but this thread shows Immitis is remarkably carefree with the factuality of his or her assertions.

The real issue is, of course, that the sales figures have nothing to do with quality, otherwise Britney Spears and Justin Bieber are some of history's greatest musicians. Sales figures are determined, primarily, by marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-10.html

Looks like Batgirl is 115 and BoP is 127 in October.
    ta, does look like batgirl is quite far down the list. Nice to see batman comics are still doing well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Who cares, really? You can dig through the numbers, but this thread shows Immitis is remarkably carefree with the factuality of his or her assertions.

The real issue is, of course, that the sales figures have nothing to do with quality, otherwise Britney Spears and Justin Bieber are some of history's greatest musicians. Sales figures are determined, primarily, by marketing.
    Eagles, michael jackson are the highest selling albums of all time and they are definitely quality. I see your point but it isnt always that cut in dry, but popularity doesnt equal quality no

Detective Comics, the one that features Cass and Steph, is at 26 I notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Detective Comics, the one that features Cass and Steph, is at 26 I notice.
    I actually thought it would be higher because of the quality.

those lists include marvel comics and also does not include digital sales. batgirl sells more online as it is marketed towards young teenage girls. it is essentially dc's version of ms marvel

- - - Updated - - -

im so carefree that i posted pretty much the entire plot of justice league before it was released? as well as batman vs superman?

but i guess doomsday having dna from zod was just a lucky guess i pulled from thin air

im so carefree that i posted pretty much the entire plot of justice league before it was released? as well as batman vs superman?

but i guess doomsday having dna from zod was just a lucky guess i pulled from thin air
    Reading production spoilers is not an achievement, and you will receive no congratulations. Having read production spoilers does not make your judgments about the quality of a film or the sales of a comic book more credible.

Reading production spoilers is not an achievement, and you will receive no congratulations. Having read production spoilers does not make your judgments about the quality of a film or the sales of a comic book more credible.
    majority of people seem to share my sentiment that justice league is an average movie, a few think its really bad and a smaller few think its really good but most people seem to think its bang on average which is at the very least much better than bvs was received