Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Just go back and play Warcraft 3 over and over and over again so nothing changes.
    It's not that nothing needs to change, just seems a little crazy we are wrapping up some pretty gigantic plot lines as if they were nothing in Legion, but are expected to give a shit about the faction war coming up?

How the fuck am I sposed to care about the dumb shit sylvanas does or the dipshittery that Genn does when everything in Legion is of infinite more importance yet was breezed through without a second glance.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    I agree

Incredible story but very very bad rythm of narration

Everything happened too fast, there was a big lack of questchain/events/interraction with characters, time gate and class quest fragmentation didn't help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I'm inclined to agree, but WoD made us 'commanders' of our faction's garrison, and that got old really quickly.
    But I reckon that has more to do with the position of absolute power. Varian and Vol'jin patted us on the back with everything we did instead of giving the orders.
    As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather take orders from that overmilked elven zombie than have her suck my phantom dick every time I loot 500 resources from my daily cache.
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm in no way praising the way WoD handled the PC. The "Commander" nonsense was awful, and sucked away spotlight from factions that needed it (Nazgrim & Taylor replacements, for starters). What I'm referring to with WotLK is that the PC is somewhat notable, but clearly under even generals (Garrosh was only Overlord of the Warsong expedition back then, and we still found ourselves taking orders from both Saurfangs, Krenna, etc.). Those that really care get to feel slightly special, and canon characters get developed.
    Last edited by Wildberry; 2017-11-28 at 09:13 PM.

Actually WoD clearly threw the devs into panic mode in how it was hemoragging subs because they packed just about everything into this xpac. The troubling thing is subs barely went above WoD levels, so i expect another big drop in BfA.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    When working on a story in teams, it tends to be one or two people working on each character so that stuff doesn't happen. And you can see that most of the characters Metzen created are fairly OP compared to the rest (Thrall being the biggest example, and his OPness being brought down with Monsieur Metzen leaving)
    Go'el's OPness was actually because of Kosak. Metzen only gave the big pointers of the story, Kosak and Afrasiabi were the ones that executed and expanded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    She's a good writer because she's made a living doing it. Your opinion =/= argument.
    Anyone who makes a living doing something is automatically good at it? Do I really need to start making comparisons?

I liked the cinematic.
    Feels like a good end to the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    - Sargeras introduced and locked away in the same cutscene. Only thing he says is 'no'.
    While I‘m mostly with you on many points, what would you really expect of Sargeras? The guy was supposed to be batshit crazy. There is no reasoning with him and he surely isn't going to discuss stuff with either the other Titans or Azeroth' Squad. He can't reveal his motives in dialogues, because we already know them all and it's not like Blizzard has it in them to pull a significant plot twist. He's basically Deathwing on a galactic scale, except even more simplistic. I'm afraid Blizzard could ruin him much more by trying to have him engage in conversation rather than just having him appear and go "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu--" immediately after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Anyone who makes a living doing something is automatically good at it? Do I really need to start making comparisons?
    Oh boy. Yeah Lil Yachty is 200% at the peak of rap. Didn't you know? If only I could mumble words into a mic as good as him...

Music aside, there are plenty of people I've met who are making a living doing something that they suck at. My mom's computer technician for example. He knows next to NOTHING except how to run anti-vrius/anti-malware software and how to boot up your PC in safe mode/install a new OS. Now, those are things that most people can't do, but I remember asking him questions about some computer thing when I was like 14 and he just stared at me like I was speaking in tongues. Makes a living off of that.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-28 at 09:15 PM.

For me personally the warcraft story was a joke once they introduced interdimensional planet destroying demons that couldn’t just steamroll Azeroth despite having already conquered tens of thousands (maybe millions) of planets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    For me personally the warcraft story was a joke once they introduced interdimensional planet destroying demons that couldn’t just steamroll Azeroth despite having already conquered tens of thousands (maybe millions) of planets.
    So, since Warcraft II?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Christie Golden is a terrible writer though.
    I see a lot of people say this but not expand on it. Why do you think she’s a bad writer I for one really liked tides of war though war crimes was meh.

Deleted
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm in no way praising the way WoD handled the PC. The "Commander" nonsense was awful, and sucked away spotlight from factions that needed it (Nazgrim & Taylor replacements, for starters). What I'm referring to with WotLK is that the PC is somewhat notable, but clearly under even generals (Garrosh was only Overlord of the Warsong expedition back then, and we still found ourselves taking orders from both Saurfangs, Krenna, etc.). Those that really care get to feel slightly special, and canon characters get developed.
    Yeah I was just missing a bit of context there. I agree with your assessment of what the PC should be. Alas every dimwit and their mother wants to be that special snowflake they're not distinct enough to be IRL, so Blizzard is giving the PC the CoD SP campaign mode treatment that does not belong in an MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    It's not that nothing needs to change, just seems a little crazy we are wrapping up some pretty gigantic plot lines as if they were nothing in Legion, but are expected to give a shit about the faction war coming up?

How the fuck am I sposed to care about the dumb shit sylvanas does or the dipshittery that Genn does when everything in Legion is of infinite more importance yet was breezed through without a second glance.
    Atleast BfA is a credible Warcraft story. The Burning Legion has always been a joke and WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too large of a threat. It’s just too large scale. .

7+ Year Old Account
    If they don't have a hard time finding work to do, then usually yes. And that's the case here.

Now the fact that you don't like the work she does is in no way an objective fact.

Looking at her bibliography she has worked on many well known franchises for multiple year (Including Star Wars and Star Trek). And glancing on the reviews of a few randomly picked books it seems to be positive feedback in the majority of reviews.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Sooo warcraft 1

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Sooo warcraft 1
    The Legion wasn’t introduced until 3 no? Lemme clarify, demons in the nether I’m fine with. The Burning Legion, not so much

Deleted
    Atleast BfA is a credible Warcraft story.
    Yes, fighting the other faction when your planet got stabbed by a giant sword and is bleeding to death is credible.

- - - Updated - - -

The Legion wasn’t introduced until 3 no?
    Warcraft II.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Yes, fighting the other faction when your planet got stabbed by a giant sword and is bleeding to death is credible.
    I more meant horde vs alliance :P

Deleted
    All the established lore points have been used up from Warcraft 1-3 all that really remains left now is what has been established in WoW and that isn't exactly much.