Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Not a fel sister -- if you read the research for the Scepter of Sargeras, we learn that he's been lusting after Azeroth after he saw her.
    So thats why he didnt immediately destroy her. But it still doesn't explain all the other holes raised by the cinematic.
    All titans are siblings. But hey, if it didn't stop Jaime Lannister ... well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    It's OK, people will let it slide because apparently 'a wizard did it' is acceptable for fantasy writing.
    WoW's writing has always been summer blockbuster levels of goofiness, punctuated by some genuinely great moments of storytelling. It's that combination that gives it a certain appeal that isn't for everyone.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    WoW's writing has always been summer blockbuster levels of goofiness, punctuated by some genuinely great moments of storytelling. It's that combination that gives it a certain appeal that isn't for everyone.
    I lose interest because it's essentially the same thing for each boss. They just take the script for one boss, throw it through a thesaurus and make it new. I don't know how many times we've been told our world is doomed, how we have to unite, are called foolish mortals, beating the odds and how they would have done it if it weren't for us meddling kids.

This video was pretty refreshing in a sense that it didn't feel like a generic saturday morning cartoon.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-11-29 at 11:37 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    This video was pretty refreshing in a sense that it didn't feel like a generic saturday morning cartoon.
    Yep, this started with the Lich King during WotLK. He appeared like some Nickelodeon villain, talking to us, making stupid moves. It was hard to feel any danger of the "uncountable undead hordes" when he drip feeds you with enemies and talks shit all day instead of taking action.

It's all good popcorn cinema though.

@Topic
    I can only assume that much magic has to be involved, because any celestial object that big as Sargeras, in this cinematic, colliding with the planet would be the end of all life on this world. The tectonic plates would be crushed, tsunamis hundreds of kilometers tall would drown the whole world and a great part of the atmosphere would drift into the sky because of his movements.
    Even if only his sword hit the planet, it would still be much bigger and more catastrophic as the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. There would be a nuclear winter for dozens or even hundreds of years at least.

The hand thing is something I noticed too and it should've had a bigger meaning behind it. A portion of another known zone could've been renamed into "Dark Titan's Reach" or whatever, a burned out husk of its former self.

Deleted
    the more important question is: what kind of animal did he use as base for his sword? it looks like a fucking alien encased in rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    if yall listen to the alleria and turalyon story thing, you'll listen to why sargeras didnt destroy azeroth as a cloud, he wanted to enslave it similarly to argus, not destroy it.

He only struck it once he lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So how about having a thread title that is a spoiler.
    Maybe you shouldn't be in the lore forum if you don't want spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimensius View Post
    Maybe you shouldn't be in the lore forum if you don't want spoilers.
    To be fair, you can see it on the main page in the topics of the moment list.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The cloud is there the moment you enter the raid.
    Well there you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was Sargeras doing in Azeroth?
    Probably getting ready to corrupt Azeroth as another Titan.

Since when was he there?
    Since the start of the Antorus Raid, he slowly approaches there.

No one noticed him in the skies of Azeroth before the end of the Antorus raid?
    The cloud gets closer and closer to Azeroth in the skybox in the raid.

How did he get there?
    Cause Illidan used the Sargerite Keystone that allowed us to access Argus. It works both ways, the Legion can invade Azeroth without portals, same with Sargeras. So in a way Illidan almost screwed us over.

He must be heavy (he is a planet afterall)... What places and regions in Azeroth did he smashed, crushed and scarred just because of his weight
    He's the size of a planet, not a planet literally, he didn't really crush any area, seemed to be hanging onto the cloud he made(I think mostly the cloud was a way to hide the very obvious fact it's Sargeras there)

Did someone died (well, besides the cenarion circle and all the bugs in silithus) while he was attached to the planet?
    You answered your own question, anybody entering the zone of Silithus that was stabbed is pretty much dead and had no chance.

Is he leaving other scars in Azeroth besides his sword?
    Maybe but probably unlikely and he mostly looked like he stabbed Azeroth, that's about it.

did he just instantly "forged" a new sword with the mats of his own body, being the sword part of his own essence?
    Probably just regular magic to summon his sword. He's a bloody Titan, that thing is probably paltry compared to what he can really do.

And by the way, since he was brought to the new place (aka prison) were the pantheon are being held, how did they manage to shrink him to the size of a small giant, not much taller than Illidan's size?
    The Pantheon "Gathered their strength" and with whatever's left of Argus's world soul imprisoned Sargeras on the Seat of the Pantheon. I also believe, they couldn't kill Sargeras outright, just imprison him. I don't know if Sargeras' own body is gone specifically but that doesn't need to matter until several expansions later or whenever Blizzard wants to.

Where is Elune by the way? I was hoping to get an answer for that in this expansion...
    Only Blizzard knows at this point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    What i understood from Chronicles is that only the void lords want to corrupt slumbering titans like Azeroth to make them their champion in the universe, as they cant physically manifest in the universe. Sargeras doesnt want to corrupt slumbering titans, he wants to kill them to prevent any possible corruption by the void. He prefers to kill all existing life so that the void doesnt get to them first.

That was the original goal of the burning crusade. At least the way i undestood it.
    Dafaq we just literally spent an entire patch showing Sargeras using Argus as a battery and corrupting it along with aggramar. Not to mention the many times the raid and aggramar literally say that sargeras is working to make a dark pantheon. Entire upper partof antorus motif is dark titan.

7+ Year Old Account
    What i understood from Chronicles is that only the void lords want to corrupt slumbering titans like Azeroth to make them their champion in the universe, as they cant physically manifest in the universe. Sargeras doesnt want to corrupt slumbering titans, he wants to kill them to prevent any possible corruption by the void. He prefers to kill all existing life so that the void doesnt get to them first.

That was the original goal of the burning crusade. At least the way i undestood it.
    except if you actually read the lore
    when he was pulled from azeroth as the well of eternity collased he got a glance of Azeroth staring ath im and became entrapped with her (love? idk) and decided he wished to corrupt her, her and him would work together to stop the void. The eyeball on the staff of sargeras is about her. one second

page four of the research notes fro mthe staff of sargeras

The Scepter of Sargeras is known for the gleaming jewel that adorns its apex. Many theorize that it represents Sargeras's baleful eye, which caught only a glimpse of Azeroth before the fallen titan was ripped back to the Twisting Nether. But the truth is far different.

Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured.

Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So how about having a thread title that is a spoiler.
    except its not
    the content is out, if you dont want to be spoiled go do it.

if this was 3 weeks ago and that was the title, then it would be a spoiler

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    the more important question is: what kind of animal did he use as base for his sword? it looks like a fucking alien encased in rock.
    He built it from flesh and bone, when you go to silithus it is moving inside. Its not a base from anything, just a sword formed using magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    To be fair, you can see it on the main page in the topics of the moment list.
    its also allready released, so its not spoilers...
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    He built it from flesh and bone, when you go to silithus it is moving inside. Its not a base from anything, just a sword formed using magic.
    Then I say he made it out from old god corpses! And I can't go there. My sub is off, they don't deserve me shekels for now.

And you, my sweet sugar dada cornflake candy, you forget to send me link to full image of your avatar.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Then I say he made it out from old god corpses! And I can't go there. My sub is off, they don't deserve me shekels for now.

And you, my sweet sugar dada cornflake candy, you forget to send me link to full image of your avatar.
    yeah no, i paid for my avatar, not gunna give you it....
    if you had not acted super weird, i woulda been fine, but you have been mega weird about it.
    also

you can see bone like structure inside raising up slowly
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

if you had not acted super weird, i woulda been fine, but you have been mega weird about it.
    also

Hell... he just summoned Gorribal, his sword that was with him for the entire time. I dont get why this is a big deal.

This is true. But what happened with Azeroth/update with Antorus is he wanted to instead corrupt the other Titans so he can make them join his ranks and fight on his side. That was the purpose of the Dark Pantheon he wanted to create, and why he had the Coven tormenting the soul fragments of the other Titans. I think it's stated in a few places lore wise that he wanted Azeroth for his own. He wanted to corrupt her and make her join his side, because then he would have all the power in order to stop the Void Lords, etc. What's better than Sargeras vs. Void Lords? A whole pantheon and the most powerful world soul.

So, it actually makes sense that in the end he tried to destroy Azeroth. If his main goal is to destroy the Void Lords, and he was denied the chance to take Azeroth for his own (to help in his Crusade) he would naturally try to destroy her, so the Void Lords could never have her. Checks out!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we got a very nice video that ends the final raid in Legion. However the cinematic exposes many lore plot holes (for me at least).

Here are my biggest questions:

What was Sargeras doing in Azeroth?
    Since when was he there?
    No one noticed him in the skies of Azeroth before the end of the Antorus raid?
    How did he get there?
    He must be heavy (he is a planet afterall)... What places and regions in Azeroth did he smashed, crushed and scarred just because of his weight during the time he was grabbing the planet (aka before he used his sword)?
    Did someone died (well, besides the cenarion circle and all the bugs in silithus) while he was attached to the planet?
    Is he leaving other scars in Azeroth besides his sword?
    Did he just instantly "forged" a new sword with the mats of his own body, being the sword part of his own essence?

And by the way, since he was brought to the new place (aka prison) were the pantheon are being held, how did they manage to shrink him to the size of a small giant, not much taller than Illidan's size?

Very beautiful scene, very confusing lore explanations!

PS: Where is Elune by the way? I was hoping to get an answer for that in this expansion...
    He wasn't in Azeroth. He arrives during the raid and he slowly moves closer as you progress. He used the Portal Illidan created to travel from somewhere near Argus to Azeroth.

His hand appears to have been in the sea south west of Kalimdor so in the middle of nowhere. Just about everyone In Silithus is dead basically a large nuke went off. He either conjured the weapon or summoned an existing one I dont think it was made from his own essence or anything.

Titans can shrink their size Sargeras himself has done so before when he tried to use the Well of Eternity as a portal. The spell likely forced him to shrink.

Deleted
    also

It is not as if I would eat it. Maybe a little bit.

Anyway, thanks for the video, I licked my lips while bones were moving.

As people have said, you can see the cloud that Sargeras is in approaching Azeroth through the raid. During the Argus Prefight, you can see small trails of clouds leading from Argus to Azeroth showing movement.

He doesn't actually touch Azeroth, watch the ending cinematic, his hand is resting on part of the cloud.

Sargeras decided to corrupt Azeroth, because he had a vision where he was in the same place she was, and she opened her eyes and looked at him. Since seeing that, he wanted to make her his. He fel in love with her. The stabbing is a "if I can't have her, no one can" type thing. She is also the most powerful Titan they have found, and he would rather kill her than have the Void Lords get her.

He also corrupted Argus to fuel his army. The demons resurrect naturally, but takes time to do so. With Argus's power, he was able to speed that up.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.