Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Shh, you're going to draw the scorn of endus!
    But yeah, I agree. Something trying to be an mmo needs those rudimentary communication features. They also need to overhaul the cumbersome console ui for the pc client.
    I can deal with the UI....what I cannot deal with is being unable to be able to communicate with the people around me in game or in a group of people i chose to be in called a clan...I understand console would have it's issues with it...but for PC in 2017 there is absolutely zero excuse for there to not be clan and global chat in game. It was one of the main things I personally think is wrong with this game. On consoles I can understand not making this a priority....for PC players...its beyond inexcusable actually.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    So nothing about global chat, clan chat....like what the fuck are they thinking...I shouldn't need to go to a website out of game to communicate with people in the game...
    Yeah, that's pretty disappointing that chat improvements on PC weren't mentioned at all. I'm kinda alright with what they wrote, some of it feels like it should be coming much sooner (or already here) and makes me wonder if they remembered much of what they supposedly learned from Destiny, but oh well. At least they're not promising a jesus patch to literally fix everything and are clear that some things are planned for next year.

Really hope they'll give a chat update though, didn't they farm the PC port out to a third party company that should be able to work in parallel on that while Bungie works on other shit?

I'm happy with these changes, sure I'd like a chat function in the game like most people, but I think they are taking steps in the right direction. And with this new Xur random exotic thing I might finally be able to put my hands on Orpheus Rig

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Shh, you're going to draw the scorn of endus!
    But yeah, I agree. Something trying to be an mmo needs those rudimentary communication features. They also need to overhaul the cumbersome console ui for the pc client.
    Dude, I'm still big-time chuffed I need to use a website to manage my inventory efficiently. Like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah?

Pretty much everything they talked about in the blog post should have been in the game at launch. End of story.

Bungie hasn’t learned a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Pretty much everything they talked about in the blog post should have been in the game at launch. End of story.

Bungie hasn’t learned a thing.
    Fair enough point, but adding them now is a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Fair enough point, but adding them now is a step in the right direction.
    Yeah, it's a step in the right direction, but it's a step that never should have needed to be taken in the first place.

And that's part of the whole problem with D2. So many steps taken backwards from D1 and so much shit cut out of the game for launch. We got a half baked product that was nothing but a shell of the game before it. And Bungie fucking knows it.

Its good they are making changes but its changes they should have already been here. They had 3 years of Destiny 1 to learn there shit and nearly everything with D2 has shown they didn't learn anything.

Better late then never I guess.

Still doesn't excuse the state the game is in and them cutting the core game into 3 parts (2 parts to sell us for extra).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy about Heroic Strikes, but they should have been in at launch.

No chat changes, the fuck. This makes me think even more that their engine can't handle it.

Now i'm interested. Given the fact i play so casual i'm not yet 305 (i have all purple mods already) but only around 295-300, and i never do nightfall or raid until i can find a reliable way to find groups (and no, the bungie website thing sucks because while there's always a group searching, everytime they take 1h+ to just answer wth).

Heoric strikes and new weapon tiers may be enough for me to continue playing on a semi regular basis; still, unitl i can find a way to do raid/nightfall i'm missing a lot. I know that i cannot play very often but finding group is the major issue honestly.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Heoric strikes and new weapon tiers may be enough for me to continue playing on a semi regular basis; still, unitl i can find a way to do raid/nightfall i'm missing a lot. I know that i cannot play very often but finding group is the major issue honestly.
    You're really not. The current raid is only worth running once or twice. And the Nightfalls are just rinse and repeat after you've done them a few times as well. The modifiers for them are fucking boring as hell compared to the modifiers we had in D1 Nightfalls. That and the current rewards for both activities are pretty shit.

Don't feel like you're missing out on something good, because you're not.

You're really not. The current raid is only worth running once or twice. And the Nightfalls are just rinse and repeat after you've done them a few times as well. The modifiers for them are fucking boring as hell compared to the modifiers we had in D1 Nightfalls. That and the current rewards for both activities are pretty shit.

ill second this even more so when it comes to the raid.

I personally enjoyed the changes they made with Nightfall's but it got boring really fast, Its also unrewarding as fuck.

While heroic strikes coming will be nice, People shouldn't get there hopes up about them. If heroic strikes are anything like D1 then its likely most of the community has already upgraded past them and they will be pointless.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Destiny 2 is for console players to finally appreciate and understand what ultra-casual really means, like PC players have in the past few years.

lmao
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the raid was fun.

I'm in no rush to do it again, but I would definitely recommend doing it. Currently taking a break from it till the new DLC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I thought the raid was fun.

I'm in no rush to do it again, but I would definitely recommend doing it. Currently taking a break from it till the new DLC comes out.
    Did you do any of the raids from D1? Because if you haven't, then I can tell you that the Leviathan simply does not compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you do any of the raids from D1? Because if you haven't, then I can tell you that the Leviathan simply does not compare.
    I did not.

I did not.
    This is the sentiment I keep seeing.

People who never experienced any raid in D1 all think that the Leviathan is a fun experience.

And a lot of the people who did experience the raids in D1 think that the Leviathan is a joke of a raid.

Says a lot to be honest.

I did not.
    You should watch some videos of Vault of Glass, It was a awesome raid.

Crota's End was IMO also awesome but sadly to this day broken as fuck and the only reason I say its worse then Leviathan.

(I never got around to doing RoI's raid)

Edit: Also the TTK raid was so good, Last fight was epic.

This is the sentiment I keep seeing.

People who never experienced any raid in D1 all think that the Leviathan is a fun experience.

And a lot of the people who did experience the raids in D1 think that the Leviathan is a joke of a raid.

Says a lot to be honest.
    Agree, and that's why there's quite a bunch of people still playing and having a good time. Many of us cannot really compare D1 to D2, though it's not really fair to compare D1 after its whole life to D2 at the beginning.

Anyway, i agree also with the fact that (even not having a first hand experience) there's something off and the more i read the more it looks Bungie simply failed to transport all that was good at the end of D1 into D2. I can understand that they maybe wanted a blank slate to start over, but if something worked well in the past why not putting it in the new game updated and improved?

- - - Updated - - -

Still i'm just doing just the milestones from pvp/clan xp/events and i want to get the others too
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Agree, and that's why there's quite a bunch of people still playing and having a good time. Many of us cannot really compare D1 to D2, though it's not really fair to compare D1 after its whole life to D2 at the beginning.
    Simply put, since I assume you played World of Warcraft.

Imagine after Vanilla WoW had updates to improve the gameplay and rewards. Then Burning Crusade came out, and they took away all those improvements, and went back to day 1 vanilla WoW. During the life cycle of Burning Crusade, they implemented paid updates to slowly return those Vanilla improvements to you piece by piece until the Wrath of the Lich King.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.