Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Don't think it's possible. I'm always tired in the morning and awake and alert at night even when I sleep 8 hours and wake up at 07:00. I've got four alarm clocks on the other side of the room, and make sure to have at least two hours to get ready before I leave for work for this reason, like now it took me an hour and a half to even get out of bed.

My body seem to require a lot of sleep and I'm dead tired the whole day if I sleep 7 hours or less. I don't like coffee, even when I try it with sugar/milk so that's not really an option either. At least I never have trouble sleeping the whole night without waking or falling asleep for that matter, I hear a lot of complaints from people I know wishing they were able to do as much.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have a schedule and stick to it, also don't drink any caffeine after 8, I made the mistake of accidently drinking a liter of tea with caffeine when I didn't know it had any and woke up feeling like a zombie

7+ Year Old Account
    As many have said, it's not something you can change. You are either a morning person or not, and it's basically hardwired. I'm not a morning person. I CAN get up at say 6am for work, and have done it for a long time, but I need 9-10 hrs of sleep to function. If I get up at a more normal time, say 10-11am, I can go with less.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Is you what you are what you is?
    Maybe.

/10 char

Deleted
    Having a steady job usually helps... and a fully booked schedule additionally to it even more.

That way you are forced to start working early to have enough time in your day to also take care of the rest.

My body likes to operate on 26 or 27 hour cycles. I like being awake 18 hours and sleeping for 8-9. I struggle with waking up early.

The only thing that's ever worked for me (again, I'm not a morning person):

Wake up and do a 30 minute cardio workout roughly 30 minutes after waking up. Endorphins will help you feel good all day, spending energy will help you fall asleep easier.

Get rid of caffeine completely. I feel like it prevents me from sleeping if I have any. I know it's supposed to be out of your system if you drink it in the AM, but I can't explain why I am always wired at night if I have any at all. The best I've ever felt is when I did both of these things, honestly.

Take a low dose of Melatonin roughly 90 minutes before bed, at least while adjusting.

That's it. I've tried so many things and this is the only thing that has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Go to bed early, make it a routine.
    Doesn't work. I feel like it's totally random what you feel like in the morning and depends on what cycle of sleep you are in when you are woken, and that has no correlation with when you go to sleep since sleep is never uniform.

I've slept anywhere from 2-12 hours and felt shitty whatever hour I woke up on.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Like others said, it's hard-wired. Do not try to force a change, it will only make you miserable.
    I myself are a nightowl, and i gladly take the late shift at my job (11:30 -20 o'clock). My supervisors are clever enough to give me those instead of the early shifts (starts at 7:30 ) since i will look, talk and work like shit.
    Sad part is that i have been a nightowl my whole life, so school was a nightmare. There were times as a teenager when the first thing i did after entering school was downing a half-litre bottle of Coke for the sugar and coffein to be somewhat receptible.
    So don't bother me with smart remarks like 'early to bed' cause in my case that has neither worked in 14 years of school nor in 15 years of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Take laxatives.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    With that goal in mind what would you recommend?

What has worked for you to become a morning person?
    1. Get a Job (1st shift)
    2. Stop Drinking caffeine or eating sugar 8 hours before a decent bed time
    3. Learn to program your coffee maker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Doesn't work. I feel like it's totally random what you feel like in the morning and depends on what cycle of sleep you are in when you are woken, and that has no correlation with when you go to sleep since sleep is never uniform.

I've slept anywhere from 2-12 hours and felt shitty whatever hour I woke up on.

Do you have sleep apnea? Even being skinny you can have it.

try getting out of bed in the morning. Seems the best way to do it.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

A kickass espresso. Only way I function in my 6AM job.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think happy thoughts, link happiness to getting up in the morning. Eventually the synapses permanently in your brains will make that connection from morning, getting up to happiness instead of irritation and the old connections will die off.

If you really want to achieve that, ain't easy but that's how simple we humans actually are. Nothing more than a bunch of wires up there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    A kickass espresso. Only way I function in my 6AM job.
    Caffeine doesn't work for me. Only extra sleep. Caffeine actually has the opposite effect on me, it makes me more tired.

The only thing that worked for me: Keep an even weekly rythm. Dont sleep until 11 on saturday/sunday. sure take an hour or 2 extra. but not more. No gaming sessions til 5 in the morning. and try make sure you get at least 7hours of sleep every night.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Move halfway across the world so your wakeup time matches the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Caffeine doesn't work for me. Only extra sleep. Caffeine actually has the opposite effect on me, it makes me more tired.
    I've grown almost dependant to it. I know it will come with regrets but 0 caffeine for me equates to sleeping on the job.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Yeah its called a cold (or warm) shower, its mandatory every morning. It will wake you up and get you ready for the dark morning. No bucket needed.
    but a bucket wastes less water.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Is you what you are what you is?
    Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    but a bucket wastes less water.
    I like you, stop trying to be funny. Be yourself and tell us what you really think.