Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's pretty but she's just telling people to bake cookies and put up decorations. She's not doing it herself. It's completely inorganic for the purpose of advertising her in some sort of positive light?

I really don't get the point of the clearly heavily edited video. If she wanted to show her actually decorating I feel like she would post some pictures or short videos on her facebook with her family.

But nah, gotta make myself look good for the camera, let me just walk down these isle of trees 3 times while I tell someone to bake more fucking cookies
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Anyone who's actually thought about it hard enough will see that Christmas is more of a cultural celebration like Thanksgiving or April Fools. It actually has little to nothing to do with religion. The actual origins of Christmas don't come from Christianity, and Dec 25th isn't Jesus's birthday like so many think. Like marriage, Christmas was just a thing they absorbed into their religion, and started acting like they are in charge of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    They should stop with these religious celebrations at the tax payers expense. The establishment clause exists for a reason.
    Have you started your suit in court yet? The result should be interesting either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    Melania wins IMO. She's has either better taste and/or better experience with aesthetics.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

I'm just glad it's not all gold.

Yep, and it's wrong for them to be spending it on that. They're essentially endorsing Christianity which is against the establishment clause.
    Christmas is not a christian thing. Unless you think stealing a pagan holiday and appropriating it (with your religious stamp) changes the original culture and meaning.

Atheists celebrate Christmas, ergo it is not a religious thing and is exempt from whatever rule you're invoking for the sake of being bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I'm just glad it's not all gold.
    I'd imagine it would be if Trump took charge in design.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I forget Christmas is still viewed as religious in America - A little too many trees for my liking but I am more a traditional red & green
    Well, it is the WHITE house...

Yep, and it's wrong for them to be spending it on that. They're essentially endorsing Christianity which is against the establishment clause.
    It's not much of a religious holiday at this point. Doubt parents are buying their kids the Nintendo Switch for the sake of Christianity.

Yes, I agree it looks great.
    The only thing I would have to complain about is if it was really necessary to put 10+ trees in that one hall. 4, maybe even greater ones, would have sufficed.

Wonder how much we paid for that. Looks nice but, no way that was cheap.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaboostme View Post
    I love the difference between the 2. Where Michelle went for traditional and warm, Melania went with modern, awe-striking, and austere.
    My personal sensibilities like Melania's more, but I'd love to spend time in either or, equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Is she also going to invite the ex wives and past mistresses as traditional Christians families do?
    Why, do you think you are going to make it onto that list any time soon?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Also it looks amazing. Though I'm sure some people will come in and complain that it's mixing religion with politics again. It's sad that people can't just appreciate how nice it looks.
    Seperation of church and state is a thing. I'll definately agree that it looks nice, and as long as it's kept at 'looking nice' rather than religious reasons, then I'm all for it. I don't believe for a second that she herself put up all the decor. She most likely planned it, and had minions do most of it. Ofc she could've helped, and probably did, but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    This one looks a little creepy though. You just know the Grady twins are waiting for you at the other end.
    I fucking love that...that's really cool. I wish I had a hallway like that.

A trophy wife doing trophy wife things.

Not meant as a jab, Melania simply knows her place and what she can bring to the table.

She can't compete with the smart and eloquent Michelle Obama. She can't act like the left half of the presidents brain, similiar to Hillary Clinton during Bill's term. And her past as a pin up model means she can't play the clean & conservative Laura Bush either. Ever.

So she does what she can do best: Look pretty. Make things pretty. Be representable.

And honestly, she does a fantastic job with that. I mean you can look down on all the superficial stuff, but I do give her credit for delivering on the only front she can deliver on.

For example her Saudi Arabia outfit was brilliant:

https://cdni.rt.com/deutsch/images/2...c30b8b45b0.JPG

Maximum appeasement with a black dress (that's not really a dress), which didn't highlight her figure (but still somewhat does, with a golden belt forming the waist). But without a headscarf.
    She respected the traditions without bowing down to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the look, that was sweet of her. Seems like a nice FL.

Stylized video, and she surely did not do this work herself. The designers did a good job though, but I still prefer the traditional colour schemes and lighting.

Being totally honest and not politically biased...I don't like her aesthetic. The first few seconds of the video look like cheap decorations at a shopping mall. I prefer the shots from Christmas with the Obamas. Classier and not cheap looking.

THAT BEING SAID, I love the way Melania dresses. Just not feeling the Christmas decorations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are we supposed to be impressed? I prefer Michelle who actually was out there doing so much good as First Lady.

She can't act like the left half of the presidents brain, similiar to Hillary Clinton during Bill's term.
    LMAO.

Was that before or after her husband was impeached for lying to a grand jury??