Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    That 'port' ability does seem... pretty darn useful in PvP. Comparing it to some of the other races...

Nightborne? You get to appear as.. 'another' Nightborne..? Oh sure you get a +1% spell damage but.. what if you roll something that doesn't use magic? x_x
    Same thing as if you roll a melee based Void Elf? Preturnatural Calm would be useless to a Velf Rogue or Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post

Im glad someone finaly posted about this, 2 OP Racials already lol.
    Meanwhile Highmountain Taurens have a chance to loot extra meat and fish
    #JustBlizzardthings
    Alliance needs more OP racials, BG win rate is not yet at 90%.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account

#JustBlizzardthings
    Sure if you ignore they get two damage reducing racials and a stun.

They look like cool racials...but do you think they compare to what orcs for example have right now?

I can see how the rift one might be an issue, if they make it too good...which i doubt will happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Same thing as if you roll a melee based Void Elf? Preturnatural Calm would be useless to a Velf Rogue or Warrior
    Oh, of course. But that port ability can be darn useful for just about anyone. Sure, casters the most, but could be really useful for melee who need to get away fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GenjiNumeroUno View Post
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.
    Having in mind how much gold i waste in Transmog, i may need to make a Void Elf.

Also i'm a sucker for anything that let me move a little faster.

Sadly, i had no intention on playing Void Elves, i guess now i will have to /sight

Meh, at least for pve, racials haven't really been huge game changers since like MoP. Of course some racials are still better than others but it is really minor most of the time and I don't really count niche moments like the Goblin boots on KJ because that was more of an issue of blizz's design of the boss rather than the boots being op. For pvp, they look ok but I don't really see anyone who is already a human want to race-change to Void Elf if they want to push their rating.

5+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if, by launch, the Velf racial +1% magic damage will just be a flat +1% damage that is magical in nature and resisted appropriately.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account

#JustBlizzardthings
    Highmountain Tauren have their damage taken directly reduced by a small amount, on TOP of 1% versatility. Considering that atm the 2 tanking races are Night Elves and Tauren, Highmountains probably can take the new top spot.

Void Elves - Anything that DOESN'T cast recieves 0 benefits from Prenatural Calm. So Mages, Priests, Warlocks, and MW Monks.

Highmountain Tauren - Flat number damage reduction+Versa is useful for EVERYONE. Whats more, the flat number damage reduction will be especially good in PvP against certain specs and classes. Not to mention a complete AoE stun, akin to Tauren's.

Void Elves will be good in PvP for casters due to the pushback immunity and teleport, whereas VE Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, and non-MW monks will only benefit from the teleport. Also, we have to see what the teleport distance is - If its only 10 yds, thats not great, and if its clunky to use, thats also not great.

At least its not as bad as Lightforged Draenei... Portable blacksmiths are cheap and easy to make, with 30 charges. 15 extra blacksmithing skill will have absolutely NO use with how easy it is to lvl a prof. Demonbane is a significantly weaker version of Troll's Beast Slaying, considering that you can find beasts in every zone, but Demons can only be found in like 3 vanilla zones, and really only 2 and 1/2 expansions (WoD barely has a token demon force).

Not to mention the heal/damage when dying. In comparision to their 2 min CD ability, it even has lower numbers. Like, whats the !@#$ing point of it? In PvE, its not going to change a thing. In PvP, it might be a bit decent in a BG if it has a large AoE, but otherwise its minor. In the world, its completely useless - Mobs will evade the damage, and likely won't kill the person PvPing you except maybe 1 out of every 10k deaths.

Really, ALL the crafting profession racial bonuses should include a 50% reduction in crafting speed, so they can do their crafting twice as fast.

While we have to see the Dark Iron and Zandalari racials, as I see it, absolute worst racials in the game can easily go to the Light Forged Draenei.

Ok, took a closer look at the racials. On-use Aoe is a 5 yd range, 3 second delay. No use in PvP outside of a CC chain, neglible in PvE. On-Death is a laughable 8 yds, pathetic. Holy Resistance? Ok, so paladins and healing priests deal slightly less damage, and you take less damage from like .1% of mobs in the entire game, holy damage is almost never seen in instances. Already covered the blacksmithing/demon XP portion.

So I guess that those golden tatooes will absolutely HAVE to be awesome to make up for the abysmal racials.

It also explains why the Void Elf racials are pretty good. Also, the Dark Iron racials SOUND nice, by just the name, so maybe they will actually BE nice.

Moving on to Horde..

Highmountain - Very useful stun combined with a short charge. Increased Mining Speed, if its like the Tauren/Worgen, then its basically nearly instant. 1% to all damage AND healing, AND .5% damage reduction, COMBINED with 330 damage reduction, which, if the Lightforged Draenei numbers are anything to go on, is a decent amount of passive damage reduction. Finally, extra fish AND meat for feasts, because feasts are integral to any amount of raiding. Even if its just 10% overall extra, thats 10% more feasts you can make.

Nightbourne - 1% ALL magical damage reduction - So in raids, this is basically 1% reduction to AoE for most boss fights. 1% ALL magic damage increase - So for the casters, flat damage increase. About on par with the others. Non-Nightbourne tank/casters won't benefit though.
    Ability to dispel invisibilty... That mage opener you always see in arena? Say bye-bye to that.
    Mailbox for 1.5 minutes on what is likely a 30 minute CD, not too bad I feel. I always use my argent gruntling for either bank or mail access.
    Ancient History is meh, but it goes with the standard 15 increase other races have.
    And finally, Masquerade is basically the funsies vanity button, akin to Worgen's dual form racial. Although if it changes your name/guild appearance to match the target, you can have some RP fun with this with hide-n-seek and whatnot. Note that it OBVIOUSLY doesn't go into the races racial powers, given that its the 6th racial when all the other races have 5 tops.

Honestly though, with these new racials, it does seem as though older racials are lacking - Orcs/Humans only have 3 racials, Dwarves, Trolls, Draenei, Blood Elves, and Forsaken only have 4.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2017-12-01 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

highmountain is much stronger in pvp than void elfs.
    AOE charge-ish that has a knockback + flat damage reduction on everything (including DOTs, mind you) is broken af

Sign me up for that 50% reduction on transmog costs. meh to rest.

Cant belive people consider a 1.5 sec stun with a 2min CD overpowered lol

Deleted
    Maybe you missed the charge part.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    I just found my race.
    I thought the Same thing... Being someone who Transmogs on a whim, you know, change of Seasons, Holiday events, someone has the same transmog as me..... This will come in hand so much.

Edit: Just gonna stick this here for everyone to gnaw on...

Nightborne -
    Ancient History - Inscription skill increased by 15.
    Arcane Affinity - Increases magical damage 1%.
    Cantrips - Conjure up an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing you mail access for 1.5 minutes.
    Dispel Illusions - Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards.
    Magical Resistance - Reduces magical damage taken by 1%.
    Masquerade - Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2017-12-02 at 04:06 PM.

Cant belive people consider a 1.5 sec stun with a 2min CD overpowered lol
    it is when you get a charge forward