Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Just doesn't feel natural how she shows zero hesitation before being full on board with Alliance. I mean it's obvious she's gonna choose her family over anything else, but her just coming to Silvermoon and opening with "hey, wanna join Alliance?" after everything that transpired makes her seem shallow as hell. It's like she took everything Vareesa told her at face value and turned her brain off before her visit to Silvermoon.
    To be fair, though, up until Jaina clashed with them, the BE were discussing with Varian about rejoining the Alliance, so it's not like the idea had always been off the table. It's true that they did so because Garrosh was being a jerk towards most of non-Orc races, but then the Jaina thing is more or less settled as well. It doesn't hurt to give it a try just in case they are somehow unhappy with Sylvanas leading. Alleria is / was a champion of the High Elves, and she is powerful enough to fight and escape if something goes haywire anyway. Although BE, along with Tauren, are the more political-minded group among the Horde so the chance of Alleria having to fight isn't that high to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: ''Good luck. As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!.''

What a disaster.
    I wonder if some of these lines were just put in as a tongue in cheek to poke fun at random teenage posters on various WoW forums, because that's exactly what they sound like (i.e: this one, a few jokes of Rommath, or some of the Void Elves' generic lines, among some others).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-12-01 at 07:13 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    To be fair, though, up until Jaina clashed with them, the BE were discussing with Varyan about rejoining the Alliance, so it's not like the idea had always been off the table. It's true that they did so because Garrosh was being a jerk towards most of non-Orc races, but then the Jaina thing is more or less settled as well. It doesn't hurt to give it a try just in case they are somehow unhappy with Sylvanas leading.
    I didn't mean she shouldn't have even proposed belves joining Alliance. What I meant was it just feels inconsiderate opening with something like that after everything that transpired in between. Every normal person would first be interested in learning about what killed 90% of their people and hearing Lor'themar's side of the story.

That's imo why Lor'themar felt insulted and brushed her off.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-12-01 at 07:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    First Arcanist Thalyssra: ''I thought our kin from Kalimdor would make obvious allies. But their arrogance and mistrust soon proved otherwise.''

Boo fucking hoo... Also, wow what a reason to join horde and die in faction war, when you wanted to rebuild your city and finally live in peace.

I like how Thalyssra speaks about night elven mistrust and arrogance, just to be questioned by Liadrin with:

''Arcanist Thalyssra. I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande... ''

Also

First Arcanist Thalyssra: ''Good luck. As for me, I am going to test my skill in Ashenvale. For the Horde!.''

What a disaster.
    Elves are natural liars, it's in their blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    the faction that she always was part off
    She was never part of today's alliance. If your argument is that she was allied to some members of todays alliance, same argument could be said about her being from quel'thalas.

she should Join the Horde, which she dislikes,
    She has no reason to dislike the horde. They helped her, Turalyon and the army of the light defeat the legion.

that has Orcs(that attacked Quel'thalas),
    Those are not the same orcs.

Trolls(who had conflict with elfs for centuries),
    Forest trolls had conflict with high elves. Jungle trolls (darkspear) were never even close to quel'thalas.

Undead(who attacked quel'thalas in the first place)
    These are the undead who OPPOSED the lich king, you know, the guy that destroyed quel'thalas.

and now her own people who rejected her even after she tapped into the void to save them?
    Do you have any exact moment that she got rejected by the blood elves? Not counting event that this thread is about, since it happened AFTER she pledged herself to "High King Anduinn Wrynn" and AFTER she tried to persuade blood elves to throw away their loyalties and join the alliance - you know, the alliance that once upon a time proposed the exact same thing, only to REJECT them and murdering their kin in dalaran.

By your logic the whole world should hate Germans for their grandfathers' sins during WW2, or in general hate all humans, cause Hitler happened to be a human too.

Do you even lore bro?

Thalyssra is dreadlord.

Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    They should've told them to fuck off and then die on their drained fel-batteries, so only real High Elves remain.
    All 7 of them?

Joinging the only forces of justice on Azeroth of course.
    They didnt join Scarlet Crusade tho.

What are you asking about? Why aren't they joining murderous lunatics? Shouldn't that be obvious?
    They actially just did tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Boo-fucking-hoo, Alliance mistrust race of magic junkies known to sell their asses to Legiion. Being an uptight bitch that I am that is no longer kept in check by even more bitch-Elisande, I don't give a fuck about your help and will go with those bad boys that let me indulge in whatever debauchery I please. Fuck the rules and order. Typical emo rebel shit, just like all other Horde members.
    Didnt know one could be so delusional. Are you receiving any medicaments? If so, go and take one immidiately, you are talking shit.

She doesnt say shit about alliance, she talks about night elves specifically. And have you forgotten that azshara (night elf) sold herself to legion too? Or Medivh. Alliance races such cheap bitches for legion, lol.

People say smoking causes cancer. I say reading posts by people like you does.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if some of these lines were just put in as a tongue in cheek to poke fun at random teenage posters on various WoW forums, because that's exactly what they sound like (i.e: this one, a few jokes of Rommath, or some of the Void Elves' generic lines, among some others).
    Its 100% intentional and WiP, just to trigger drama queens and make people talk about wow again. Judging by this thread, they did their job perfectly. The ammount of triggered little flowers in this thread is overflowing. Funny that all of them defend the alliance xD I still remember in blizzcon reveal thread the masses of butthurt alliance fanboys, mad that the horde got the nightborne and not the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Its 100% intentional and WiP, just to trigger drama queens and make people talk about wow again. Judging by this thread, they did their job perfectly. The ammount of triggered little flowers in this thread is overflowing. Funny that all of them defend the alliance xD I still remember in blizzcon reveal thread the masses of butthurt alliance fanboys, mad that the horde got the nightborne and not the alliance.
    I will mark your words, thanks.

I know that Blizz's mantra has always been gameplay>lore but ugh, the 'quality' of the writing in this PTR is really worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Nope. There's absolutely 0 gay male anything in WoW or any of Blizz's games.
    Oh well, maybe later. We almost had one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Oh well, maybe later. We almost had one too.
    I WILL ENGULF AS I PLEASE!!

Note: My life was incomplete until now

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    That was because he was thinking the threat the horde had wasn't major. If someone told her about betrayal of Garithos/Dalaran, the betrayal of the ambassador from the alliance in the starting zone, Jaina at Dalaran. Hell even Arthas just before Garithos, true written Alleria would look at humans and go "Fuck those guys, get my bow."
    Oh bullshit. That's just a load of bollocks.

She detested the Orcish horde because of how many of her people were laid to waste by Orcs. She was a hero of the Alliance along with many other High Elves during the second war and the closing of the dark portal. There is no way she is idiotic enough to compare what ONE contingency of humans, under Garrithos' direction, did to her people to what the Orc's did. She's intelligent enough to know the difference of one group of hateful humans. At the time of the second and third war, all Orcs were bloodthirsty monsters. There is just not a comparison.

And what, exactly, did the Alliance do in Eversong? Besides spying. OH NOES! NOT THAT! You really think if she hears the tale of how her people, after the third war, delved into Fel magics and sold themselves out to demons she'd think THAT was peachy keen? I sincerely doubt it after all the time she spent fighting demons. The fact that she hasn't shown MORE disdain for her people and how they have changed is the bigger oddity in her writing. And that she put up with them being allied with Orcs and Trolls at all. In her mind, that would be a MASSIVE contradiction.

So many horde fanboys just rushing in to shit all over any alliance characters in this thread, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Archipelagos View Post
    I know that Blizz's mantra has always been gameplay>lore but ugh, the 'quality' of the writing in this PTR is really worrying.
    It's the PTR - everything's subject to change. Take Vanessa VanCleef in the Legion alpha, for example. The original reason they gave for her surviving was because she had an explosive/flame proof vest.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-12-01 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    At the time of the second and third war, all Orcs were bloodthirsty monsters.
    Thats just not truth. But this laughable circlejerk has already come too far to see through delusion.

She's intelligent enough to know the difference of one group of hateful humans. At the time of the second and third war, all Orcs were bloodthirsty monsters. There is just not a comparison.
    But the Orcs of today are totally the same as the Orcs back then, because while there are obviously only groups of hateful Humans, all Orcs are obviously the same.

And what, exactly, did the Alliance do in Eversong? Besides spying.
    They actively sabotaged the sanctums (and therefore Quel'thalas' defenses) for absolutely no reason other than distrust.

Quote Originally Posted by Selky View Post
    Lmao

Looks like Tyrande was right after all. The Nightborne are monsters and haven't changed a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceRedo View Post
    Yeah, they're fucking traitors. I was hopping Thalyssra stayed neutral but this is catering to horde fanbase while shitting on logic once again.
    Except for the histrionic "blatantly evil" labelling, earlier, essentially Tyrande's fault. Tyrande's pompous neo-puritanism about their culture (why did the Highborne NE go back again?) cost them.

The Nightborne have a lot more in common now with the Sin'dorei -- a societal experience with addiction/withdrawal, the experience of having suffered betrayal and persecution by their own leadership. All logic favors the Nightborne having common cause with the Horde because of the Blood Elves, over the Alliance, if forced to decide and ultimately she must have felt.

Remind me about good things Horde did as a faction,
    The war in Outland, Northrend, Pandaria (less so because of Garrosh, but we made up for it by the end), and Alternate Draenor (except the Ashran stuff, whatever went on there).

not as a forever late joining members of effort led by Alliance.
    The Alliance aren't the ones spearheading when stuff happens. Most of the time it's a third party that's leading the charge.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2017-12-01 at 08:38 PM.

"So what about LF DRAENEIS?"

Seems hard to grasp. What about Highmountain Taurens you could ask? Gonna answer this: Draeneis joining Draenei makes sense no? Dont need any asspull to connect the dots. Highmountain Taurens joining Taurens, makes sense, no? Connect the fucking dots!

Night Elves joining only one set of Night Elves because someone were sceptical? Thats something else entirely. Whenever people bring this up they seem to ignore the HM Taurens for some reasons.

Army of the Light got NO Horde-race npc visible on Argus(I have not seen any). But alot of Draenei, together with the two ultra-alliance characters Turalyon and Alleria.

Nightborne is as much as random as Void Elves, and it's there you need to connect the reasons for NB going Horde.

To be fair, though, up until Jaina clashed with them, the BE were discussing with Varian about rejoining the Alliance, so it's not like the idea had always been off the table. It's true that they did so because Garrosh was being a jerk towards most of non-Orc races, but then the Jaina thing is more or less settled as well. It doesn't hurt to give it a try just in case they are somehow unhappy with Sylvanas leading. Alleria is / was a champion of the High Elves, and she is powerful enough to fight and escape if something goes haywire anyway. Although BE, along with Tauren, are the more political-minded group among the Horde so the chance of Alleria having to fight isn't that high to begin with.

it's just that, they are mocking the weeping posters, the void elves are very obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    It's the PTR - everything's subject to change. Take Vanessa VanCleef in the Legion alpha, for example. The original reason they gave for her surviving was because she had an explosive/flame proof vest.
    Really good point! I'll try not to get carried away.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    "So what about LF DRAENEIS?"

Seems hard to grasp. What about Highmountain Taurens you could ask? Gonna answer this: Draeneis joining Draenei makes sense no? Dont need any asspull to connect the dots. Highmountain Taurens joining Taurens, makes sense, no? Connect the fucking dots!

Night Elves joining only one set of Night Elves because someone were sceptical? Thats something else entirely. Whenever people bring this up they seem to ignore the HM Taurens for some reasons.

Army of the Light got NO Horde-race npc visible on Argus(I have not seen any). But alot of Draenei, together with the two ultra-alliance characters Turalyon and Alleria.

Nightborne is as much as random as Void Elves, and it's there you need to connect the reasons for NB going Horde.
    Not really - even during the War of the Ancients the current Night Elves and Suramarians would have been in different factions and castes. They were in the same empire then, but were completely different, same as today. Today they have even *less* in common, really.