Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I've been slowly detaching from the Alliance ever since Varian returned back in Wrath. It was cool to have the king back, to have a real definitive leader for the Humans but.. then they turned him into the "king" of the "Alliance" which.. doesn't make any fucking sense. It's an Alliance. Stormwind couldn't even afford to pay the people who rebuilt the god damned city so why are they somehow lord over everyone. It used to feel like a proper well.. Alliance. It was a meeting of equals.

The difference of power structures made the factions interesting and unique. I get that it is easier to write stories focused around the conflicts between two characters (Varian and Garrosh, Anduin and Slyvannas) but.. it's lazy and feels dumb. It becomes only more lazy and more dumb when you take into consideration Blizzards difficulty writing good characters. To make Varian look smarter and like the obvious leader for the Alliance they just kind of made everyone around him dumber.

The Temple of the Red Crane scenario in MOP was a great example. To make Varian look like a better strategist he literally explains an ambush to Tyrande. Tyrande has always been a bit of a hot head but I refuse to believe that the experienced military leader of a race that can literally turn invisible when standing still needs someone to explain an ambush.

In my mind Varian never earned the right to be leader over all of the Alliance. Every time someone who wasn't from Stormwind referred to him as "our king" felt awkward and forced. Anduin taking up that role simply because he was Varians son feels even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ANeM View Post
    I've been slowly detaching from the Alliance ever since Varian returned back in Wrath. It was cool to have the king back, to have a real definitive leader for the Humans but.. then they turned him into the "king" of the "Alliance" which.. doesn't make any fucking sense. It's an Alliance. Stormwind couldn't even afford to pay the people who rebuilt the god damned city so why are they somehow lord over everyone. It used to feel like a proper well.. Alliance. It was a meeting of equals.

The difference of power structures made the factions interesting and unique. I get that it is easier to write stories focused around the conflicts between two characters (Varian and Garrosh, Anduin and Slyvannas) but.. it's lazy and feels dumb. It becomes only more lazy and more dumb when you take into consideration Blizzards difficulty writing good characters. To make Varian look smarter and like the obvious leader for the Alliance they just kind of made everyone around him dumber.

The Temple of the Red Crane scenario in MOP was a great example. To make Varian look like a better strategist he literally explains an ambush to Tyrande. Tyrande has always been a bit of a hot head but I refuse to believe that the experienced military leader of a race that can literally turn invisible when standing still needs someone to explain an ambush.

In my mind Varian never earned the right to be leader over all of the Alliance. Every time someone who wasn't from Stormwind referred to him as "our king" felt awkward and forced. Anduin taking up that role simply because he was Varians son feels even worse.
    I feel the same, but so far Anduin is doing nothing but heaping praise upon the Lightforged, comparing them to the already great Draenei, and listening to Velen's wise council. He seems to be nothing but respectful of the other members of the Alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuxQMeoqKDE

i cant handle him either, too much awesomeness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Maybe it's because I've been around since Anduin was a little prick baby-king, but I just can't take him or the Alliance seriously now. The most recent cinematic showed perfectly the difference between the Horde and the Alliance.

Horde-side, you've got Sylvanas: Psychotic-but-brooding badass who taps into dark power - possibly for her own sake, possibly for her people's, who knows? - and who is absolutely unafraid to unleash hell on her enemies.

Alliance-side, Anduin: Teary-eyed man-child who is so afraid of death that his "big moment" is a mass heal (resurrection?).

It's like the Alliance is screaming, "War is wrong! Killing is evil! We stand for Truth and Justice and Captainnnnnn PLANET" while the other side goes "FOR THE FKING HORDEEEEEEEEEEEE" - it's just lopsided storytelling, if you ask me. Varian was such a breath of fresh air. Everything about him, from his armor to his voice to his death, was gritty and adult and just... epic. He was a knight, basically, ready to fling steel and bleed for his people. Anduin? It's like we barely fucking convinced him that any fighting at all is ever justified.

I dunno. I hope BFA has some moments where the Alliance actually throws down, otherwise it's going to be hard to sell me on the "epic war" theme.
    Doesn't sound like you were ever for the Alliance, sounds like you just came here to list every false stereotype the Horde claims about this expansion.

If all it takes is a corpse to yell *For the Horde* for you to jump sides, then you're obviously a lamb who can't think for themselves...but then again calling him a crying manchild already proves that.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    The hate for him is so stupid.

He is a Character that actually grows and develops and has layers, and morals and values...
    Pacifism and ass-kissing mercy isn't moral, although I can see how in the age of the SJW this believable.

Looks like someone else is so stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Doesn't sound like you were ever for the Alliance, sounds like you just came here to list every false stereotype the Horde claims about this expansion.

If all it takes is a corpse to yell *For the Horde* for you to jump sides, then you're obviously a lamb who can't think for themselves...but then again calling him a crying manchild already proves that.
    ...What the fuck? We're talking about our opinions on video game lore and you're resorting to personal insult? I think that says more about you than me, fella.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...What the fuck? We're talking about our opinions on video game lore and you're resorting to personal insult? I think that says more about you than me, fella.
    What...you calling him crying manchild...you obviously don't have your own opinion since you probably copied and pasted that line from some obvious Hordie...he didn't cry at all...he wasn't a child...he beat that Troll to the ground basically and brought his army back to their feet.

But sure...listen to what your told...you obviously were never was for the Alliance, just talking the time to make a shitpost to repost all of the stupid things Horde say about him.

But hey...if Anduin is to much man for you to handle I can understand.

Anduin doesn't throw down the sword because he hates war, he throws it down because he realizes he fucking sucks at melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    What are you talking about. How has he not helped the Alliance?

He helped the fight against the Mogu in Pandaria. He fought the fascist Warchief Garrosh and helped defeat him. Then he fully backed his father's peace deal with the Horde once the Darkspear rebellion were in charge of the Horde. Both undeniably great things for the Alliance.

He did not listen to those who wanted to fight the Horde instead of the Burning Legion after his father died in Legion, rather he did the wise thing and worked with the Horde to crush the Legion. Undeniably a great thing for the Alliance, since fighting the Horde like Jaina wanted would have been terrible for the Alliance at the time as it would have brought both factions down.

In the battle for the Undercity we witness that Anduin is not only wise beyond his years, he is an incredibly powerful character too. I had to re-watch that scene in the middle of the cinematic multiple times because of how powerful it was.

Even though I'm a Horde player and I love Sylvanas as a character, we have yet to determine whether her leadership is to any benefit to the Horde. Why will we be burning trees and waging this war on the Alliance soon? Is it in solidarity with the Forsaken as they are under attack and need the Horde to stand united behind them? Or is the Dark Lady up to something that has more to do with her personal ambition or that of her Undead Forsaken, merely using us in the rest of the Horde? It's safe to say if there is going to be one side that is more in the wrong than the other in this war, it's going to be either the Dark Lady and her Forsaken or Genn Greymane and his Gilnean Worgens that is responsible, not Anduin.
    Compare anduins track record to sylvanas track record is foolish and futile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    I'm Horde and I like Anduin, I think he's a better leader than Sylvanas and actually treats his people like they're his subjects... Not his slaves. Also Anduin grew some big cajones over the past few expansions, hopefully Greymane doesn't twist his thinking too much.
    Anduin needs to be Terenas. Hes no Anduin Lothar rhats for sure.

Why even bother discussing Anduin? That vision effectively guaranteed his safety until WoW's final arc. We all know where his "What Arthas could have been" story is going.

Pacifism and ass-kissing mercy isn't moral, although I can see how in the age of the SJW this believable.

Where do you see Anduin ass kissing or being overly merciful? Maybe you didn't notice he was leading an army to sack an enemy city? As in, not shying away from open conflict when it was required?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    Why even bother discussing Anduin? That vision effectively guaranteed his safety until WoW's final arc. We all know where his "What Arthas could have been" story is going.
    He really has no parallels to Arthas' story. Their similarities are superficial. (Blonde light aligned human princes.)

Anduin is NOT a pacifist. He doesn't revel in war, sure. But we can also see he's not going to shy away form it either when his duty requires him to act.
    Last edited by Florena; 2017-12-02 at 05:01 AM.

It's like the Alliance is screaming, "War is wrong! Killing is evil! We stand for Truth and Justice and Captainnnnnn PLANET"
    He says in a scene where Anduin wrath of gods a troll into the dirt by beaning it mercilessly.

I think you're picking and choosing to fit a narrative. Remember, it's Anduin who convinces everybody to go to war and takes back Lorderon from the Horde.

Anduin is just Uther 2.0. Now with new feels and less beard

Pacifism =/= Social Justice

And really Anduin isn't a pacifist either, he told Genn that he would be allowed to engage the Forsaken if they were a threat and he was leading the march on Undercity. He just doesn't enjoy gratuitous violence and prefers the peaceful route over violence.

Anduin is one of the best characters that has been developed properly over the years. I don't understand the fetish for edgy stuff. Anduin actually showed why he was just a boy thrusted into the middle of this conflict and how out of place he was. It actually makes sense for him.

Anduin is fine. He serves as the narrative counter to the batshit crazy banshee queen the Horde is strapped to right now, until she becomes a raid boss.

7+ Year Old Account
    You seem to think a 21 year old should ENJOY seeing his brothers in arms being slaughtered, and nearly being killed, well also seeing his advisor badly harmed...

Wow man what the fuck veterns getting treatment for PTSD? fuck them fucking pussies, they should be super glad and cheering to watch their friends shot and killed well constantly fearing death, fucking pussies

(making a point, i am sorry if this offends any vets here, but this is legit what the OP is saying. That someone who cries in war is a pussy)

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno. I hope BFA has some moments where the Alliance actually throws down, otherwise it's going to be hard to sell me on the "epic war" theme.
    You mean how anduin nearly cooked garrosh?
    how he nearly blew the guys brains up?
    how he fucking DECIMATED a troll, and fucked up 2 orcs in that fight then solo healed a whole army?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Anduin one-shotted a Nathrezim, he's the true king the Alliance needs.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post

Damn, you're so out of it that you can't handle not just Horde players existing, but even other Alliance players not sharing into your whiny hive-mind. I mean, who died and made you king of what Alliance players are supposed to like? And then you even managed to mix it up with your boogeyman perception of the Horde. So utterly laughable. In a fascinating sort of way, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    "waaah waaah! men must be into gore, metal music and blood! emotions are for the weak! anduin is a bitch because harmony is for losers and war is for REAL men! waaaaaah!"

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    at least you are not stuck with the bitch queen