Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Flesh:A sadistic medic that trives in tearing flesh, organs, bones and blood from his enemies and use it to heal his allies while driving his allies into a dark hysteria with unholy magic.
    Nature/shadow magic.
    -Renew Skin
    -Unholy mayhem.
    -Trade skin.
    -Switch of bodies.
    -Spring of Blood.
    Soul:A dark caster that hiddens forbidden power within, this necromancers needs to destroy and absorb life in order to unleash their true potential.
    Shadow while in normal form/Frost,Nature,Arcane in other forms
    -Wither
    -Never ending Hunger
    -Sarcophagus
    -Unleash form:Lich/Mummy/Ancient spirit
    -Inscript:Fate
    Grave:Honorable and cruel, this casters tend to the remains of the fallen but will call upon the dead to protect its master and lay waste to whatever disturbe their eternal slumber.
    Pet spec that deals nature/shadow damage
    -Mummify.
    -Searching Scarabs.
    -Call of the Haunted
    -Gift of the Grave
    -ITS ALIVE!!
    So MoP Mistwalker/Discpriest

Affliction warlock

Mummy themed necromancer.

Neat.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    So MoP Mistwalker/Discpriest

Affliction warlock

Mummy themed necromancer.

Neat.
    1-She asked for a Necromancer class that doesn't claim anything from the Dk.Your post means i made it.

2-Why its a aff warlock?I only gave spell names and the switching between form.HOw did you get a aff warlock from that?

3-Why its a problem that is dicpriest/Mw?People liked the idea of a healer that dps why not explore it?

You mean 3 spells?Hownling blast, Glacial advance and Sindragosa Fury.
    And Remorseless Winter, and Breath of Sindragosa, and Chains of Ice.

Good luck with that one spell.
    Okay....

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    And Remorseless Winter, and Breath of Sindragosa, and Chains of Ice.

Okay....
    Chains of Ice= Utility that doesn't affect bosses.

Remorseless winter is melee range

Breath of Sindragosa needs to be in melee range in order to work, otherwise it would be called spit of Sindragosa.

Try again.

Gotta say, after this thread, I don't want anyone to talk about how similar Tinkers are to a profession ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Chains of Ice= Utility that doesn't affect bosses.

Remorseless winter is melee range

Breath of Sindragosa needs to be in melee range in order to work, otherwise it would be called spit of Sindragosa.

Try again.
    Wait... You think an ability needs to be at 30yds to be considered a magic spell?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say, after this thread, I don't want anyone to talk about how similar Tinkers are to a profession ever again.
    Why? Your anti-Necro arguments get debunked every thread, but you consistently pollute every new class thread with them regardless. That criticism coming from you is very ironic.

Personally, I wouldn't be bothered if they just copy pasted Unholy/Blood/Frost for Necros. DPS/Heal/DPS. Blood magic is now even more prominent in BFA, and so is necromancy. And now that we have Void Elfs, it doesn't seem like a far stretch for Necromancer to be the next class. Plus, a ranged dps is overdue. They could also choose to establish Blood Mage but that seems unlikely. That said, they could always expand on established classes or add specs. Nowadays specs are different enough. Blademaster could replace charge with teleport, blood mage retains sheep, dark ranger loses traps etc .

- - - Updated - - -

Wait... You think an ability needs to be at 30yds to be considered a magic spell?
    Uh, im going on what Teriz said

"
    No, but that doesn't change the fact that DKs have considerable magical abilities. They have devastating ranged magic spells. Howling Blast for example is right up there damage-wise with some of the best spell-caster AoEs.

If anything, you could classify the DK as a sort of Battle-Mage."

Even Warriors have considerable Magic spells so i've no problem with that.

I fail to see why people would be against tinker as a class, it would be pretty cool.

Think people are just seeing it as a wow engineer with gimmicky grenades and such.

Instead it would look something like this:

(googled images from the engineer class in aion , just to use as reference).

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Why? Your anti-Necro arguments get debunked every thread, but you consistently pollute every new class thread with them regardless. That criticism coming from you is very ironic.
    Why? Because no one here seems to care about overlap between necros and DKs, yet get their panties in a wad when we talk Tinker and Engineering.

Why? Because no one here seems to care about overlap between necros and DKs, yet get their panties in a wad when we talk Tinker and Engineering.
    People are giving examples, being sarcastic, no one really give a shit about Engineering interfering with Tinker.

Most of the time when i mention Hunters im using Teriz logic, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    I fail to see why people would be against tinker as a class, it would be pretty cool.

Think people are just seeing it as a wow engineer with gimmicky grenades and such.

Yep! That's how I envision the Tinker as well. Helps that its a completely unique class concept too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was that your anti-Necromancer claims get debunked every time you post, and you inevitably leave the relevant thread after it happens. Once a new one pops up, you go straight back to repeated the same debunked arguments. Why should Necromancer advocates do anything differently?

Regardless, this is ignoring the fact that there are ways to minimize overlap between Necromancers and Death Knights, to the point where they don't overlap anymore than, say, priest/paladin.

I'm not against necromancer but the issue doesn't sorely lie with a conflict with DKs but also other void based casters such as warlocks and Spriests, given history with blizzard, they will only compromise if there is just 1 conflicting class ( which they will end up removing abilities from said class to give to the other ) ... like warlocks

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, that's even more unappealing to me than a whimsical engineer with Survival's explosion theme.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not against necromancer but the issue doesn't sorely lie with a conflict with DKs but also other void based casters such as warlocks and Spriests, given history with blizzard, they will only compromise if there is just 1 conflicting class ( which they will end up removing abilities from said class to give to the other ) ... like warlocks
    Warlocks and Necromancers aren't "Void based casters." What in the Hell are you talking about?

what about ENOUGH CLASSES ALREADY we cant even get things barely straight atm...

Warlocks and Necromancers aren't "Void based casters." What in the Hell are you talking about?
    I meant to say shadow or "dark" caster , seems there's a name for everything these days.

if you are going to be techinical with Void, there is no really need because Necromantic magic is separated from Void magic in lore, if you mean Shadow i might understand but its more about how the shadow magic is introduced then just being shadow.

Like, i just gave a example of a Dark caster that is honorable, that uses necrotic magic to tend to the dead.Yet he uses shadow magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant to say shadow or "dark" caster , seems there's a name for everything these days.
    In what way do, say, Shadow Priests conflict with Necromancers, save for painful superficiality.

In what way do, say, Shadow Priests conflict with Necromancers, save for painful superficiality.
    I seem to be getting a lot of attention over something I said I wasn't against, I'm all for necromancers, in fact if necromancers were in the game I wouldn't have rolled a warlock all the way back in vanilla.

But I'm trying to be reasonable here, level with me a bit. Let's forget the lore and whatnot because we both know blizzard makes that shit up as they go, think of a way necromancer would not trample on other specs in terms of playstyle and mechanics, it could work but really it's a very very slim line that would need to walked on, either way blizzard would probably not risk making something that seems too close to having a mix of spells from several different classes bunched together.

Let's think about it this way, if necromancer were to summon the undead , just that simple fact would be a direct violation of DKs' ( unholy specifically ) theme, I mean no other class in game can summon the undead and control them as pets, just as warlocks are the only class that can summon and control demons.

Sure demon hunters become demons themselves and thats where the thin line was drawn, but the only thing necro's could do to justify a different playstyle would be to "become" some form of undead themselves, like a lich. but that would , again, stepping on the toes of another spec, shadow priest.

Although void form has nothing to do with necromancy , in terms of playstyle of caster empowerment it is the closest to that, if you give them permanent form then u are stepping on the toes of druids, if cd based power up then several others etc.

The point is ,being somewhat different in some form of playstyle , not to mention 2-3 differing specs of playstyle, is harder to pull off when a lot of concepts have already been filled out.

Edit: do note that I am by no means talking about damage rotations or the like, any dot or single target spell can be created with a brand new visual concept and animation, I'm talking about differing unique themes and playstyles.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-12-02 at 03:24 AM.