Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Start leveling alts now. It takes a lot longer to level to max now come 7.3.5

Though the scaling is awesome, the mobs health and damage have went up significantly (about damn time). However, the amount of xp required to get to max (though only 60) is going to be longer, due to this.

No doubt this was done to finally make leveling experience better, but just saying.

Cheers!

10+ Year Old Account
    For efficiency people this will suck but I really welcome the change. Make leveling something important again, and with the zone scaling you can skip the really shitty zones and pick and choose where you want to level

I'm sure this is exactly how it will go on live servers. nothing ever changes on the ptr servers. ever.

That sounds like an improvement and a reason for me to wait on leveling alts.

Quote Originally Posted by tgrape View Post
    I'm sure this is exactly how it will go on live servers. nothing ever changes on the ptr servers. ever.
    Generally speaking, only nerfs.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Though the scaling is awesome, the mobs health and damage have went up significantly (about damn time). However, the amount of xp required to get to max (though only 60) is going to be longer, due to this.

No doubt this was done to finally make leveling experience better, but just saying.

Cheers!
    It literally just went up on the PTR, stop panicking

I'm gonna wait for the new races before I start leveling alts. Having to get more XP isn't really a problem for me anyway. It's already pretty short and easy.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Good, now bring back a talent every level, old talent trees, spell training, weapon skills, elite quests, resource management, and aggro. Maybe then lvling will be decent again. This is but one tiny step in the right direction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the new races before I start leveling alts. Having to get more XP isn't really a problem for me anyway. It's already pretty short and easy.
    +1 /10stupidcharacters

Deleted
    Running 100+ dungeons without any social interaction till level 100 is so bad. I'd rather wait and level with the new system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    Running 100+ dungeons without any social interaction till level 100 is so bad. I'd rather wait and level with the new system.
    This. If I simply enjoy leveling then I don't mind it taking extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    It literally just went up on the PTR, stop panicking
    I don't know what you got from his post but I got the impression that he welcomes the change and isn't panicking.

OT: I'm on teamRaiseCharacterAccountCap at ~45 100+ alts so I'm avoiding leveling new toons unless they are a new class (not subrace). I'm hoping that by the time Blizz adds 5 more new classes they'll have increased the account cap lol. If they increase it before then I'll be back in the world leveling Though I am personally against the scaling it's not going anywhere so no point in talking about it.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2017-12-02 at 06:27 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    That sounds like an improvement and a reason for me to wait on leveling alts.
    I’m right there with you. I played a bit on the ptr and I love it.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    However, the amount of xp required to get to max (though only 60) is going to be longer, due to this.
    So it's only from 1-60?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And if past history is any indication the forums will ignite with 90% not knowing about this change.

Not to mention I sure in the hell am NOT gonna play a healer so I get blamed for the millions of deaths that's gonna occur from uninformed people when they go running into a dungeon and pull 3-4 groups and wipe in 2 seconds

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    And if past history is any indication the forums will ignite with 90% not knowing about this change.

Not to mention I sure in the hell am NOT gonna play a healer so I get blamed for the millions of deaths that's gonna occur from uninformed people when they go running into a dungeon and pull 3-4 groups and wipe in 2 seconds
    Uh what, did I miss something? Why does a change to xp requirements and zone level scaling make people wipe in dungeons all of a sudden?

I welcome this change.
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Level scaling for old world content is incentive enough for me to wait I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think I'll wait for the scaling to kick in.

Be more fun that way. ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Randyboob View Post
    Uh what, did I miss something? Why does a change to xp requirements and zone level scaling make people wipe in dungeons all of a sudden?
    Because mobs in dungeons scale too. So heirloom cupcakes won't be able to grab everything in sight and kill it solo anymore.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These changes are absolutely pointless until they will make XP and Item rewards in open world as good as they are in the LFG.
    Or just cut down the XP and Items rewards in LFG to stimulate people to level up in open world.
    Lack of scaling never was the problem. The efficiency inferiority of OW leveling to LFG spam was.