Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    You gain a fucking spaceship that lore-wise can fly between planets. Baaaaaw.
    You mean the tiny spaceship with two rooms?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    You mean the tiny spaceship with two rooms?
    I mean the thing that can do that

There's something horribly wrong I discovered with the male nightborne in-game...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, the Vindicaar already is the Alliance's. It belongs to the Draenei with Velen, not the Lightforged.

But yes, if Velen did go on the offensive for the Alliance, the Vindicaar can probably assault Orgrimmar or Thunder Bluff from the sky. Fat chance that happens.
    If only Dalaran didn't go back to being neutral... Alliance would have 2 flying fortresses that can shoot beams.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    If only Dalaran didn't go back to being neutral... Alliance would have 2 flying fortresses that can shoot beams.
    Dalaran didn't go back to being neutral. Jaina swore the Kirin Tor and Dalaran to the Alliance. The Council of Six only allowed the Horde into the city in order to fight the Legion.

When the War is over they'll kick them back out and go back to being an Alliance town.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    There's something horribly wrong I discovered with the male nightborne in-game...

oh my. this is why nightborne and worgen shouldn't eRP together.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Also hearing how Thalyssra says the nightborne value their individualism, she must have taken one look at how the night elves are under the alliance and said NOPE.
    Unlike the Horde where everyone defers to Warchief Lich Queen?

I disagree with that. The fight on Argus was certainly more important than the Suramar campaign but our contribution to it was not as significant by virtue of there being multiple class orders all helping (so it was not just the champion in the first part, it was all of us and our class orders) and the Lightforged were also only one of the factions helping (the primary force in Argus was not them but the Draenei accompanying Velen; they provided the Vindicaar after all). Meanwhile our involvement on the Suramar campaign was personal and singular (there is a single Outlander lorewise doing all this and we did most of that campaign alone and/or with the Nightfallen NPCs, not with class order or faction help).
    Plus, the Lightforged are joining what are possibly their still living kin on the Exodar (Draenei live extremely long which means it is very possible that many of the Lightforged have parents, siblings or children in the Exodar) while the Nightborne are abandoning their neutrality (which noone is actually challenging since neither side presented any ultimatum or tried to attack them) to join one side because the other side was not kind to them.
    Fair point on the individuality of the Suramar campaign compared to Argus, I agree with this.

However concerning the draenei joining their closest relatives, it's relevant in their case but I don't think it would be for the Nightborne and the Kal'dorei since the elfic society, contrarily to the draenei, changed drastically. Yes, the draenei have changed a lot but the Lightforged are spiritually very close to the actual draenei society (theocracy focused on the devotion to the Light?). Taking that logic, yes elven society has changed a lot so did the Kal'Dorei and Shal'dorei on their respectives sides, but that's my point: the Shal'dorei are almost opposite to what the Kal'Dorei are today. So it would make no sense at all for them to join, even if technically they are their closest relatives. Had the draenei society shifted completely away from their devotion to the Light, I doubt the Lightforged would have joined them. Same for the Shal'dorei with their night elven cousins.

So I don't see why the nightborne would even bother staying neutral for the sake of a people they were once a part of and which is now completely opposite to what they are. Considering this, and the fact that contrarily to the night elves, the blood elves are VERY similar to the nightborne in terms of culture is a wrap for me!

A female nightborne just did it next to me as well.

Just horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Valrin View Post
    I don't think you can say its exactly the same since the Nightborne were treated with disdain by Tyrande as opposed to Garithos who literally locked up and was preparing to execute the Blood Elves. Not the same level of mistreatment to warrant just being all "welp, we're going with the guys who werent slightly mean to us". It's bullshit really but hey, the plot demands.
    Also, the Nightborne are rightfully treated with disdain but not outright hatred. I guess they decided making amends with the people who helped save their rebellion was too much work so it's easier to side with Blood Elves because O MY ADDICTION.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2017-12-02 at 02:01 PM.

There'd better be some spooky Dark Elf esque Void Elf architecture.
    so it seems on the character creation screen they do not have buildings, only see a tree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    Why do you have to be such a dick? Im happy for what the horde gets i am just asking for the alliance to get the same treatment because right now its clearly not...
    Because you're one of those people that makes it so we can't have nice things.

You cause an uproar over something that is WIP, and you demand you get the same treatment as everyone else based on nothing.
    The Alliance/Horde conflict is hounded because of this. Every time one of them seems to get the upper hand, the other side whines and bitches about favoritism so Blizzard either undo it or stop trying to develop content and story surrounding it in the first place.
    With BfA, we finally seem to get what an actual story about war is meant to be: gains, losses, victories and defeats.

I'm glad they are finally learning to embrace change in the world: people that want no story and content development can fuck off to Classic servers and live in their box there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    so it seems on the character creation screen they do not have buildings, only see a tree.
    *sigh*

For fuck sake. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Also, the Nightborne are rightfully treated with disdain but not outright hatred. I guess they decided making amends with the people who helped save their rebellion was too much work so it's easier to side with Blood Elves because O MY ADDICTION.
    Right, because the Horde had no part in liberating their city right. It was all Tyrande, who cared more about the city than its citizens, and the Alliance players who saved the day on their own.

Never mind the Horde players who helped defeat the Legion on Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    So horde gets an elf-town while alliance is losing one
    the forsaken lost their city.

the alliance take gilneas and stromgarde

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Because you're one of those people that makes it so we can't have nice things.

You cause an uproar over something that is WIP, and you demand you get the same treatment as everyone else based on nothing.
    The Alliance/Horde conflict is hounded because of this. Every time one of them seems to get the upper hand, the other side whines and bitches about favoritism so Blizzard either undo it or stop trying to develop content and story surrounding it in the first place.
    With BfA, we finally seem to get what an actual story about war is meant to be: gains, losses, victories and defeats.

I'm glad they are finally learning to embrace change in the world: people that want no story and content development can fuck off to Classic servers and live in their box there.
    If the alliance didn't have a history of having content cut so the horde could get there's I would consider it WIP as well. but when they scrapped a bunch of alliance WIP content, I'm more sceptical now adays.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How is Shadowforge City "nigh impenetrable" when we penetrated it atleast once.
    I meant more along the lines of a full out siege. You can't take ballistas, catapults, siege towers or tanks down beneath a mountain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Aww, he got a happy end.

Aww bless. He retired.

*sigh*

For fuck sake. Let's hope I'm wrong.
    maybe that tree is the entrance to an underground city

At the same time though, what is the power projection of a city like Shadowforge? It has no port, it commands no view of strategically significant lands, it doesn't control a pass that cannot be easily circumvented. Shadowforge City is a bunker.
    I'd imagine it can pump out weaponry almost non-stop. It no doubt has plenty of minerals beneath the mountain, forges and furnaces aplenty and if they decided to manufacture golems again they'd make a valuable asset. The Gnomes and Dwarves just need to redirect the Deeprun Tram there and it's a three way mass production belt.