Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Because most of us who aren't worthless losers are pretty happy.

Deleted
    every time i question the system i notice its pretty much best you can have. Sure you can turn a fev knobs here and there but over all what would you want? Communism where milions starve to death and freedom is a long lost dream as the party makes sure you end up in a death camp if you look at them wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    Do you know how much it costs to better yourself these days? or do you believe anybody can just go to school free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    This is a very cute argument, but you fail to recognize that there are only so many jobs available. Your argument is that people simply didn't "try", but that isn't the case a lot of the time. The cost of higher education in America is absolutely a joke, and student loans are inherently designed to keep people in debt forever. There is not a good way to actually go to college unless your family already has money. This leaves a pretty vicious cycle of people who are completely stuck without being able to go to college.

Aaaaactually as I keep saying, anyone get online degree from university of london online for 100$ per month*, which is many cases is cheaper than free (if you consider transportation costs and time to go to a free university 22 days / month and maybe a snack once in a while if you spend many hours there, it should add up to more than 100$ per month in a free education system)

*100$ per month to do it part time in 6 years so you can keep working full time - it is $7000 total for the whole bachelor

Almost anyone can better themselves as far as education is concerned
    Last edited by d00mGuArD; 2017-12-02 at 09:43 PM. Reason: multiquote attempt

Because I make $7.26 an hour.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    My wife and I both work. We dont receive any assistance cause we make too much and don't have kids. But we still struggle to make ends meet. At this point why the hell should we work? We can make more on the Government tit, stay home and enjoy life
    Because by working you are adding value to yourself. I and my wife were at the same place 10 years ago. Working and over all having as much or less than a couple we knew receiving many handouts who worked far less. Now 10 years later we are light years beyond that point and that couple is still in the same rut.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    People don't want to work those jobs because they do not want to be modern slaves. Most of those jobs will pay rock bottom wages barely allowing them to survive while working them half to death by. Those jobs offer no future.
    Low skilled people will not get good pay because when literally anyone can do your job but you have to do it because you have no ability to do anything else you can be sure it wont be a glamorous life. I respect people who do a good job regardless of how technically advanced it is. For example The CEO of youtube is an idiot who should have never ended up that high if not for the toxic atmosphere at that fascistic franchise. I respect her less than the guy who fixed my shower and did a pro job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Aaaaactually as I keep saying, anyone get online degree from university of london online for 100$ per month*, which is many cases is cheaper than free (if you consider transportation costs and time to go to a free university 22 days / month and maybe a snack once in a while if you spend many hours there, it should add up to more than 100$ per month in a free education system)

*100$ per month to do it part time in 6 years so you can keep working full time - it is $7000 total for the whole bachelor

Almost anyone can better themselves as far as education is concerned
    There's no online school in america for $100 a month. And no one will accept a degree from some fake school in "london". here the very cheapest online school is 5000 or so a semester.

And just because you have a degree does it mean you'll get hired? After all we've empowered these corporations with our voting record, love of "freedom and capitalism" and so they cut costs by cutting jobs or shipping jobs overseas. Or they import cheaper workers because Americans "aren't qualified" for the knowledge jobs.

Your $7000 bachelor will be a waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    There's no online school in america for $100 a month. And no one will accept a degree from some fake school in "london". here the very cheapest online school is 5000 or so a semester.

And just because you have a degree does it mean you'll get hired? After all we've empowered these corporations with our voting record, love of "freedom and capitalism" and so they cut costs by cutting jobs or shipping jobs overseas. Or they import cheaper workers because Americans "aren't qualified" for the knowledge jobs.

Your $7000 bachelor will be a waste of money.
    University of london is most definitely NOT fake. It is a group of colleges including London School of economincs, University College London, Queen Mary, London Business School etc.
    All of which are ranked close to Ivy League level or very very high anyway

Deleted
    My wife and I both work. We dont receive any assistance cause we make too much and don't have kids. But we still struggle to make ends meet. At this point why the hell should we work? We can make more on the Government tit, stay home and enjoy life
    Sounds like life in the usa is pretty darn good, you can live and even have progeny and never work just get handouts from the government. Hey man not going to hold it against you personally if youd jsut take advantage of this system and not work. If i wer you if quit my job and devote more time to hobbies leasure and familly. And when finance is concerned id spent extra time on making a small creative business with low or no investment to start with and try to make some passive income. If it takes off you wont have to take handouts AND you wont have to do much. Spend time brainstorming researching maybe theres a hole in the market you could plug, makign money on the internet is a treat place to start.

Income inequality in the U.S. is the highest among all developed nations. With the federal minimum wage being only $7.25 per hour, people are living in modern slavery just making enough money to barely survive. The republicans in the senate just voted to give an express lane that is going to make inequality far worse.

How long can this go on without some kind of major revolution?
    To me this argument never made sens. Say our entire population had PhD's in physics, minimum wage workers would still have to exist because not everyone can be a physics PhD scientific researcher. Society needs mailmen, store clerks, manual laborers, etc. If society needs low level workers as well as high level workers, then why don't we give low lever workers fair pay? They perform a task that society needs.
    It's coming and 100% agreed.

Another problem with the "get a useful degree" is that in-demand job fields change on a regular basis, and people flock to these fields and create competition, along with downward pressure on wages.

If education/re-training was free it would be less of an issue, but it's not. It's also time consuming.

People don't want to work those jobs because they do not want to be modern slaves. Most of those jobs will pay rock bottom wages barely allowing them to survive while working them half to death by. Those jobs offer no future.
    now we know you are speaking bs - US doesnt have enough workers like welders, plumbers etc etc and those who work those jobs make waaay more then 7,25 - claiming they make so little is straight lie .

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Because most of us who aren't worthless losers are pretty happy.
    That's a ridiculous statement.

Nations that have wealth redistribution programs are consistently the happiest in the world.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/norway-...untry-of-2017/
    Whats the difference between 1 and 19? I'm not sure about Chile and number 20. But I still can't see 11. Israel and 12. Costa Rica a better place than 12-19. Other than Isreal, Costa Rica, and Chile, I'd be glad to live in any of the others. Only difficulty might be the language barrier for some.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they still have a better life than 90% of world population. And thats a conservative estimative.

Nations that have wealth redistribution programs are consistently the happiest in the world.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/norway-...untry-of-2017/
    Seeing as US is no14th on your list, it makes sense to expect ALL THE OTHER countries on the planet that are below that, to revolt first, as they are less happy. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how skewed this is.....

One of my sister in laws with 1 child and the father/boyfriend. NEITHER work but are capable....
    $500 in Food stamps
    Rent 60% paid for by the Government (because of assistance houses MUST meet certain criteria lie A/C)
    She gets a Cellphone as does he
    They both get free Transit passes
    Ultilities are paid
    Microwaves are DIRT cheap. brand new $40
    State Healthcare
    And top it ALL off....she gets $1400/month CASH from the Government

My Other sister in law does have it AS bad. She does work 20-25 hrs a week but gets Food Stamps and housing assistance. And Medical. She doesnt get near the cash from the Government but still not too bad.

Friend's Daughter is 26. Has NEVER worked. Has 2 kids and basically the same stuff as my 1st Sister in Law.

40 million people + live below the poverty line. It's insulting to act like they're okay because they have a microwave or air conditioning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Because I make $7.26 an hour.
    That's a paltry sum.

My lunch costs around the same.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    University of london is most definitely NOT fake. It is a group of colleges including London School of economincs, University College London, Queen Mary, London Business School etc.
    All of which are ranked close to Ivy League level or very very high anyway
    For a $100 a month? i'll look into it. I don't want to leave my cushy 6 figure job though but i love learning and bore easily. i'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That's a ridiculous statement.
    Well happy is a subjective term, but let me elaborate.

Most people are happy enough not to want to engage in a revolt which would lead to massive civil insurrection, possible civil war, death, famine, diseases and hunger on a massive scale. Most of us are happy enough with our lives not to want to see an economy crash where they can't feed their families, or catch a bullet from one of the hundreds of armed militia groups that would form during a revolution, or the government.

So, unless you're willing to put you ass on the front lines and take that bullet, STFU

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by igualitarist View Post
    Because they still have a better life than 90% of world population. And thats a conservative estimative.
    y life is so hard *types out message on a 1000$ I phone X*

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post

That's a paltry sum.

My lunch costs around the same.
    Damn a $7.26 lunch you're so rich.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

In the US, literally any time the democrats attempt to claim they are fighting for the poor, Trump and the republicans fire right back that the democrats want to flood the US with immigrants who take away jobs and opportunities from the poor, and the democrats have no response. Furthermore, they point out this is happening on a global scale, with European leftists taking away jobs and opportunities from citizens there and giving them to refugees. The left has no credible response to this.

They point to the city of Detroit as a wasteland created by leftist corporations who allowed industry to be shipped to China.

As a result, the states of Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin all flipped collectively and voted republican in 2016 for the first time since the 1980s.

Then Trump points to liberal judges who block his attempts to tighten immigration laws as a reason to expel more democrats from office.

If anything, there might be a revolt from the right if the immigration issue isn't resolved.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-12-02 at 10:21 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.