Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Got a source?
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/par...7dbab186b2564c

You could google other sources

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    It's a wet dream fantasy of @supertony51 and the right wing. They honestly believe that they are going to save the US from the government, because they aren't quite smart enough to realize that in the event of a tyrannical government, it's not going to be like the civil war where armies literally stood across from each other and shot. That's the ONLY scenario where this little dream even has a 1% chance of working out. Outside of that, it's 0%. They are quoting a document from the founding of the US. A document written with no knowledge of the future. No knowledge of the capabilities in advanced weaponry. No knowledge of even flight.

OP: Yes, gun ownership can be cult-like. They believe that they are noble and honorable because they bought a piece of metal. They believe that anyone outside of their....."group"....is a coward, is wrong, and is trying to oppress them. They are easily victimized and very defensive. They have been brainwashed by a long history of nonsense arguments and fantasies.
    Quite the imagination you have there kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Can you prove what he said wrong or can all you do is make a smart remark? Just like how people can be fanboy's to company's there is people who can be cult-like with guns. Its not surprising and can be applied to nearly everything.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Becoming? /10char
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Source? As a new father who's never owned a firearm, my daughter's safety is the first reason I've considered owning a gun. Meanwhile, a home burglary occurred 10 houses away from me 2 nights ago.
    Do yourself, your daughter, her friends, and your family and neighbors a favor: get a gun cabinet or gun safe. Too many fucking stories about kids shooting themselves or other people because the parents were too stupid, too lazy, or too cheap to secure them properly.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Do yourself, your daughter, her friends, and your family and neighbors a favor: get a gun cabinet or gun safe. Too many fucking stories about kids shooting themselves or other people because the parents were too stupid, too lazy, or too cheap to secure them properly.
    "Among the 1,300 children who die each year from firearm-related injuries, 53 per cent are homicides, 38 per cent are suicides and 6 per cent are unintentional.
    I just have to be a parent and eliminate possibility of accidents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Well your previous posts suggests you're fanatical about firearms which is probably why you joined the military

Calling firearms ownership a cult in the US is like calling martial arts training a cult in Japan. Both are types of personal defense that are based in cultural values and traditions, and there are benefits/drawbacks to each.

Deleted
    "Among the 1,300 children who die each year from firearm-related injuries, 53 per cent are homicides, 38 per cent are suicides and 6 per cent are unintentional.
    I just have to be a parent and prevent possibility of accidents.
    So you acknowledge you're adding risk ok

So you acknowledge you're adding risk ok
    Do you acknowledge that I'm adding defense?

Deleted
    Anyway enjoy this circus

- - - Updated - - -

Do you acknowledge that I'm adding defense?
    No I don't

Anyway enjoy this circus

- - - Updated - - -

No I don't
    What is your solution to a home break-in?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Can you prove what he said wrong or can all you do is make a smart remark? Just like how people can be fanboy's to company's there is people who can be cult-like with guns. Its not surprising and can be applied to nearly everything.
    Of course he can't. That's how Tony is. He won't even try because he knows that everything I said was correct. He accuses me of having an imagination, when he's the one believing that he's going to stop the US military with his hunting rifles and 9mm pistol.

What is your solution to a home break-in?
    1) Melee weapon
    2) Dog
    3) Home security alarm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Calling firearms ownership a cult in the US is like calling martial arts training a cult in Japan. Both are types of personal defense that are based in cultural values and traditions, and there are benefits/drawbacks to each.
    I've never been to Japan, so I don't have intimate knowledge. But is there a group that pours millions into funding politicians in order to have talking heads in seats of power?

I also don't think it's fair to martial arts to compare it to gun owning. One is a skill that you practice and the other you buy something at Walmart. One is worshiped, the other is honored as a tradition and performance art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Has been for a few decades now. People love their guns more than their children.
    it's true. the other day i saw someone trade in their firstborne for a pair of 357 magnums and a holster.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    1) Melee weapon
    2) Dog
    3) Home security alarm.
    I agree with these.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    What kind of match do you think a band of unorganized, armed citizens would be against the most powerful military in the world with airplanes, bombs, tanks, etc.?
    You mean like the match with untrained Vietnamese farmers with a rusty AKs who humiliated the most powerful military in the world? Or recent "bringing peace" to the middle east with still no victory? And fighting on their own soil would be even more difficult, because bombing your own infrastructure doesn't help you much.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    I've never been to Japan, so I don't have intimate knowledge. But is there a group that pours millions into funding politicians in order to have talking heads in seats of power?

I also don't think it's fair to martial arts to compare it to gun owning. One is a skill that you practice and the other you buy something at Walmart. One is worshiped, the other is honored as a tradition and performance art.
    It's a totally appropriate comparison. You can't just pick up a gun and know how to shoot appropriately, and gun ownership has a long been a cultural value in the US. From the days of our revolution from the British Empire to the Wild West era. The right to bear arms is the second amendment to our Constitution.

Japan has its own system of influence that is not that unique from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's a totally appropriate comparison.
    Let me know when a 6 year old can kill you with martial arts, Until then no its a really shitty comparison. You know why its a shitty comparison as well so stop playing dumb.