Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    The lady doth protest too much ...
    Better to call out a dumb post than be the one posting it

Here's the problem with all of the people posting "innocent until proven guilty" arguments to defend Moore as a viable candidate. You can try this personally if you'd like to get a more 'custom' learning experience:

Step 1: Find a bunch of people to raise sexual harassment/assault claims against you (we'll skip the part where they, like in Moore's case, are verified by multiple sources etc since it's not critical for this lesson)

Step 2: Make sure those claims make it to the ears of your current employer

Step 3: See how long you keep your job

Innocent until proven guilty is not the complete phrase. You keep skipping "in the eyes of the law." Meanwhile, no one wants your hot mess of scandal, true or otherwise. If Moore had a shred of respect for the institution he was trying to be a part of, he would step down and run another time, after this shitstorm is behind him. Of course he won't do that because he doesn't really respect the institution and he's probably guilty as sin, but hey government is the only place we let sexual harassment go without consequence, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No It isn't disrespectful, what is disrespectful is assaulting under age women and getting your ass banned from a mall, and trying to howl everyone up as to your moral Christian values, Jimmy is Spot the fuck on about this lunatic.
    You mean the allegations and none of them have been found with a shred of evidence that just happens to come out after 30 years of politics during the most important race in our nation this year?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masoner View Post
    You mean the allegations and none of them have been found with a shred of evidence that just happens to come out after 30 years of politics during the most important race in our nation this year?
    He seemed to be openly admitting he had a thing for teenage girls. That's not moral or Christian whether he is technically a paedophile or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the bat shit nonsense he has admitted to believing and actions taken, yeah I am leaning against him being innocent.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Moore deserves to be hung, so by that metric any heckling he endures is a mercy.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Hannity: Do you deny dating underage girls?

Roy Moore: not generally.

Hannity: Do you know these women?

Roy Moore: Well I know them but I think in some cases their mother's pushed them to date me.

Reporter: Tell us how you met your wife.

Roy Moore: Well I was a district attorney hanging out at a recital when I saw this hot 15-16 year old girl.

Who needs evidence when you got a lot of gems like this one? The allegations only make him a rapist and a sexual assaulter he is obviously a pedo.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No It isn't disrespectful, what is disrespectful is assaulting under age women and getting your ass banned from a mall, and trying to howl everyone up as to your moral Christian values, Jimmy is Spot the fuck on about this lunatic.
    You have seen the proof Moore is guilty of the accusations? Or you just speculating like many others? if you have, please share it.

And he always goes too far. Which is why I do not watch his show.

I love this. Reminds me of Sacha Baron Cohen humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    You have seen the proof Moore is guilty of the accusations? Or you just speculating like many others? if you have, please share it.
    And he always goes too far. Which is why I do not watch his show.
    Based on his statements and actions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on his statements and actions.
    So no real proof. Just speculation which I am sure you know, can easily be influenced by our own bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Sadly, your alternative is a party that goes "well yeah, Franken is a proven sexual assaulter, but since he said sorry and isn't black that makes it all okay and we'll focus on the other parties alleged predator"
    Fixed that for ya.

Moore may well be guilty but I'm trying to figure out when allegations equaled guilt. I haven't seen a shred or tangible proof yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    So no real proof. Just speculation which I am sure you know, can easily be influenced by our own bias.
    No comments he made himself in addition to his own unstable actions. Not asking him to step down yet just saying I believe the charges.

Where do you see me making that claim.

I simply said on this he is spot the fuck on and Moor is a goddamn lunatic.
    You need to learn when someone is making a statement and stop taking very thing as an attack of yourself.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    No comments he made himself in addition to his own unstable actions. Not asking him to step down yet just saying I believe the charges.
    Like what? So what if he may have dated a 18 year old? My dad married the second time a 18 year old when he was 30 years old. They were married for 32 years until he died. Those underage claims is a accusation with no solid proof at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like what? So what if he may have dated a 18 year old? My dad married the second time a 18 year old when he was 30 years old. They were married for 32 years until he died. Those underage claims is a accusation with no solid proof at all.
    You keep moving this into the arena of court, I am not convicting this guy of anything other than his bad attitude and big mouth, and shooting that off where he shouldn't, his actions which are on record and he has responded to, also leans me to saying what I did, this guy is a fucking lunatic.

I am also not convinced he isn't guilty of being the hypocritical child molester as he seems to be about everything else he has been on record and said. There is also a long difference between who one falls in love with and a age gap and this guys behavior which near as I can tell from reports got his ass kicked out of a mall already.

As I said not about the accusations as much as it is about his actions and loud mouth. So no I don't put THIS on Kimmel. Not that I watch him anyways, but it isn't him who is out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I can smell the victim complex
    To be fair, there is a large bias towards what the left will consider acceptable to do to anyone not considered the minority they pretend to care about du-jour

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep moving this into the arena of court, I am not convicting this guy of anything other than his bad attitude and big mouth, and shooting that off where he shouldn't, his actions which are on record and he has responded to, also leans me to saying what I did, this guy is a fucking lunatic.

I am also not convinced he isn't guilty of being the hypocritical child molester as he seems to be about everything else he has been on record and said. There is also a long difference between who one falls in love with and a age gap and this guys behavior which near as I can tell from reports got his ass kicked out of a mall already.

As I said not about the accusations as much as it is about his actions and loud mouth. So no I don't put THIS on Kimmel. Not that I watch him anyways, but it isn't him who is out of line.
    The court of public opinion can ruin a person. You know that. And the mall incident, not heard that one before. Got a link? If that is so, was the police involved or is it like the other reports, hear say?

The court of public opinion can ruin a person. You know that. And the mall incident, not heard that one before. Got a link? If that is so, was the police involved or is it like the other reports, hear say?
    Just curious if you read what I wrote below because you seem to be conflating the way the law works with the way the rest of society works:

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Here's the problem with all of the people posting "innocent until proven guilty" arguments to defend Moore as a viable candidate. You can try this personally if you'd like to get a more 'custom' learning experience:

Step 1: Find a bunch of people to raise sexual harassment/assault claims against you (we'll skip the part where they, like in Moore's case, are verified by multiple sources etc since it's not critical for this lesson)

Step 2: Make sure those claims make it to the ears of your current employer

Step 3: See how long you keep your job

Innocent until proven guilty is not the complete phrase. You keep skipping "in the eyes of the law." Meanwhile, no one wants your hot mess of scandal, true or otherwise. If Moore had a shred of respect for the institution he was trying to be a part of, he would step down and run another time, after this shitstorm is behind him. Of course he won't do that because he doesn't really respect the institution and he's probably guilty as sin, but hey government is the only place we let sexual harassment go without consequence, right?