Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    it's because today's woman don't face consequences after cheating due to feminism and the tools for finding suitable partners are better (social media, hook up apps)
    What kind of dumbfuck reply is this? As if only women cheat?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because people don't like commitment, they rather get everything and give up nothing, but don't understand why that is a problem when everyone else does the same thing.

Put a bunch of thieves and narcissist in the same room and grab yourself some popcorn.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Moral decay
    Agreed. It's sad that some think it is acceptable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What kind of dumbfuck reply is this? As if only women cheat?
    Cheating was always normal for men, while it wasn't for women in the past. Now it's for both, therefore the overall number increased.

Number of cheating men likely decreased due to higher standards.

Because humans are NOT monogamous, contrary to what today's society would like you to believe.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

Cheating was always normal for men, while it wasn't for women in the past. Now it's for both, therefore the overall number increased.

Number of cheating men likely decreased due to higher standards.
    You're delusional. Cheating has been normal for both men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    So like 95% of the large groups of people I've been friends with throughout Australia are all anomalies? I'm Monogamous because the thought of cheating on my Partner disgusts me.
    how long do you think monogamy has been a thing in human history? here is a hint, its not a recent creation.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    Todays world ?
    You mean your world. In the laws of Islam if you are married and you cheated, you will be stoned to death.
    With 4 witnesses witnessing the actual act of cheating i.e. sex, intercourse, mucho hugging, kissing, sucking. 4 witnesses. not 3, not 2, not 1 not just you the husband/wife but 4 people.

Get it right and stop trying to make things seem backward especially when it's the only law that actually has a law concerning it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    There is even adds on TV about how flirting isnt wrong and when you go to their site you only see couples cheating.
    Like how the hell has it become normal to cheat that it even airs on tv commercials?
    Its normalized nowadays because of how people want to exercise "all their freedom". They see any form of rule or long term commitment as an attack on their "live my life to the fullest".

In the end, cheating is common because it is easier to backstab someone like that vs a long term commitment which takes strength, and most people are either weak in that department or just plain lack that strength completely. However instead of facing that last part, because that would make them face themselves with a negative light, they would rather normalize the first part to feel good about themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    With 4 witnesses witnessing the actual act of cheating i.e. sex, intercourse, mucho hugging, kissing, sucking. 4 witnesses. not 3, not 2, not 1 not just you the husband/wife but 4 people.

Get it right and stop trying to make things seem backward especially when it's the only law that actually has a law concerning it.
    holy shit i never believed id see this, but a person who actually did research beyond the first statement! if this site had a +1 button, id hit that instantly for your post.

- - - Updated - - -

it's because today's woman don't face consequences after cheating due to feminism and the tools for finding suitable partners are better (social media, hook up apps)
    thats wrong bro. there are idiots in both men and women. there is no need to generalize like this.

Deleted
    There is even adds on TV about how flirting isnt wrong and when you go to their site you only see couples cheating.
    Like how the hell has it become normal to cheat that it even airs on tv commercials?
    Pretty sure it was always happening in the same degree. It's just easier to see now. Only the methods have changed.

Cheating like many frowned upon things would be done left and right if it wasn't for social constructs (laws, "commandments") outlawing them.
    Those are simply artifical rules that were made for social communities, and are now embedded in our moral compass as if cheating was some kind of inherently bad thing. Monogamy is a rather young concept (at least for the male side), and there are no guarantees that it will be our "to-go" relationship for the future.
    Moral views change over time, and the current trivializiation of cheating can be considered a clear direction. Although moral views also behave like a pendulum, and too liberal views usually are followed by even more conservative ones.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    how long do you think monogamy has been a thing in human history? here is a hint, its not a recent creation.
    I would guarantee throughout Human History there have been many people that only ever wanted 1 partner. It's not like it is unique to Humans as a species, quite a few Animals Couple up and stay together.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post

Wait. Are you actually justifying getting stoned by saying "yeah but 4 people have to see it!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    And people are mono because they like being with just one person?
    Sure. But also because it's been normalized and taught as a "fact" of life.

Marriage is stupid but being in an intimate relationship isn't a social construct lmao. I don't care if our opinions are different, I personally like being mono.
    If it wasn't a social construct, we'd all be running around fucking everyone. We are biologically programmed to reproduce. Monogamy, etc, by their very nature exist to curb natural instinct to maintain a degree of social order.

And no, what that guy said is literally something that can be pulled straight from Tumblr. Curbing male sexual aggression? lolwut? That is textbook "all men are bad" tumblr BS. Taking something that has no correlation and making it about how men are bad/only want sex.
    You only have to take a look at history to see that his argument has some merit.

So like 95% of the large groups of people I've been friends with throughout Australia are all anomalies?
    That people choose to be monogamous has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that we are not monogamous by nature. Sure, you can do whatever you want. But don't act like those who act on their biological instincts are lesser people. There is no moral or social high ground to being monogamous, which is just conforming to social norms.

I would guarantee throughout Human History there have been many people that only ever wanted 1 partner. It's not like it is unique to Humans as a species, quite a few Animals Couple up and stay together.
    You do understand that "by nature" refers to biological fact while "only wanting one partner" is the product of social norms, right?
    Last edited by Mistame; 2017-12-02 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Sure. But also because it's been normalized and taught as a "fact" of life.

If it wasn't a social construct, we'd all be running around fucking everyone. We are biologically programmed to reproduce. Monogamy, etc, by their very nature exist to curb natural instinct to maintain a degree of social order.

You only have to take a look at history to see that his argument has some merit.

That people choose to be monogamous has no bearing whatsoever on the fact that we are not monogamous by nature. Sure, you can do whatever you want. But don't act like those who act on their biological instincts are lesser people. There is no moral or social high ground to being monogamous, which is just conforming to social norms.

You do understand that "by nature" refers to biological fact while "only wanting one partner" is the product of social norms, right?
    humans have far passed Nature. We don't have a 'nature'. Sure at our very core we may be wired to have sex, but it is our minds who chooses who or what we do that with. Also even with this nature argument, their are other animals that have long term partners. But see the thing about humans as we have our own choices and intelligence to decide what we like more. It's not a social construct that I get jealous and want one person, or that I seek to form real bonds. Marriage is a social construct, I'd agree if you said something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a everyone for themselves mentality in this day and age?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Are you implying that there hasn't been cheating for the entirety of human history? The only difference between then and now is that today very few places follow those ancient prescriptions to ostracize/execute adulterers.
    Yup..

We can't burn or hang them anymore. So they proliferate.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Deleted
    Adds cater to the lowest common denominator, people are in general stupid and with low standards. That doesnt mean that cheating isnt wrong or disgusting.
    If you want something that isnt made for absolute morons you wont find it in the most commonly media channels like regular tv and especially not in commercials.

Yes, exactly. They aren't anymore. It kept them in check.

Birth control too.
    ... And what kept the men in check? Or are women the only ones cheating?

Even before it became associated with less social backlash and stigma for women, it didn't stop people from pursuing it.

Cheating might be associated with less stigma from a sexuality point of view, but I don't know anyone who'd side with a cheater since he/she has betrayed their significant other.

Unless said significant other is OK with it because their relationship is a front, in which case I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-12-02 at 11:48 PM.

I'd like to see what kind of ads you come across on TV. I do not believe that cheating is a norm in today's world. As a society, we created "the family" with the mindset of being monogamous. If I had to guess why people do think cheating is normalized, it probably be the same reason why the divorce rate is so high (in the US).

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Back in Kentucky it wasn't really normal in the sense that people didn't care, it was normal that it was a possibility, and not a super uncommon one. But in general minus some really scummy people, most people still viewed it poorly.

But, ease of access made it a lot more available and discoverable I think compared to my childhood. I don't know anyone I grew up with who used a computer with any regularity prior to adulthood, so having the means to communicate just wasn't there. But most people are to damned stupid to keep it hush hush, when those means to talk about it are available.