10+ Year Old Account
    Again, why would be human morality the default here. I'm not saying they shouldn't change, the xenophobia? glad they are past that. But that all their morality and ethics end up aligning with humans with no friction? that's just silly. It just makes them look like they had nothi
    Who said anything about the Human being the default, that's your own perception.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Someone should try throwing theryn into the nightwell.

That could restore him.

Or destroy him.

Oooor turn him into a massive mana eating monster.

Its worth a try.
    I would have popcorn and a large drink just to see what happens.
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Who said anything about the Human being the default, that's your own perception.
    Uhm, that's the whole point about their morality and ethics aligning so seemingly with human sensibilities. It's the defaulting to humanity's perception of good and bad, of what matters, the whole issue why non-humans on the alliance don't feel like they have their own identity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Uhm, that's the whole point about their morality and ethics aligning so seemingly with human sensibilities. It's the defaulting to humanity's perception of good and bad, of what matters, the whole issue why non-humans on the alliance don't feel like they have their own identity.
    They don't have their own identity BECAUSE WE DON'T SEE THEM, not because how their morality is. Most races have similar moralities. Hell even Tauren are similar to Alliance but they are on the Horde.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2017-12-02 at 11:06 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    even though i hate their story and the idea behind it void elves look nice i admit

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They don't have their own identity BECAUSE WE DON'T SEE THEM, not because how their morality is. Most races have similar moralities. Hell even Tauren are similar to Alliance but they are on the Horde.
    And yet the little we see aligns with human morality, with little conflict or goals. That's the issue.

The issue is that night elves had their very own, non human society and pov up until the third war, who was like, what 20 years. Just 20 years for a total shift of culture that ends up with them just agreeing with humans on everything. That's just highly unlikely, specially since it means they are defaulting to human morals and ethics.
    That's not half as unlikely as you think it is. Just look at how things have changed in the last two decades in the real world. Morals change far faster than many realise.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's not half as unlikely as you think it is. Just look at how things have changed in the last two decades in the real world. Morals change far faster than many realise.
    Yet neither they change at the same rate on a societal wide scale.

And still, the core of the issue is why the Night Elves ended up fitting so nicely into human morals, with no friction, and not the other way around. Nigth Elves have had their own culture for millenia, a culture, a way of living, a way of approaching the world that we didn't even see because they just follow human values.

Except more hippie.

Good for Gilneans, but at the end of the day is just sucks for the rest of the alliance that our new featured/regained lands are human cities. You get me?

There's actually a large portion of Gilneas that is based around the wilderness and it is already tied to a druidistic questline in which night elves help the Gilneans deal with their feral selves. Silverpine, the Hinterlands, Gilnean forests and so on are ideal places for night elves to settle in.

And still, the core of the issue is why the Night Elves ended up fitting so nicely into human morals, with no friction, and not the other way around. Nigth Elves have had their own culture for millenia, a culture, a way of living, a way of approaching the world that we didn't even see because they just follow human values.
    I don't see how they follow human values. Druidism is their unique trait and the veneration of Elune is pretty much in accord with other belief systems within the Alliance that revolves around the light, which is why it looks like they do.

Whenever the night elves interacted with someone, they've shown their unique approach. For instance, they still poke the high elves about the herritage whereas the humans do not care about it one bit.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-02 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Un-expected error...

Why do I love the Saurfang model more than the Orc Male in live now? My Orc Male Warrior is going to be very pleased and even my Blood Elf Female Paladin too, if you know what I mean...*wink wink*

lmfao

I hope they keep that as the new travel form.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw reading through http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...-text-spoilers I am further convinced that while visually drab, the Void Elf rift is a place of great significance to WoW Lore.

It's this place:
    Quote Originally Posted by .
    Nether-Prince Durzaan: Even shattered as it is, this place echoes with the whispers of the great ones who were slain... and the hatred of he who broke this world.
    Definitely seems to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it doesn't mean much probably but it is still the corpse of a world soul. The sad part is that there are no structures there. They could have taken some elf architecture, say a couple of towers and spires from the Moonguard area, textured them with the void effects from Mac'aree and given the Void Elves something small but grand.
    I'd love for this to become a thing, but there is about a snowballs chance in hell for that to happen.

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=277571/v...ilers#comments

So the Alliance get Dreadscar Rift 2.0 and Exodar Mini while the Horde get Suramar and Thunder Totem?

What a joke, we had better get Shadowforge City and Gilneas.
    the studies of the knowledge of darkhan that Umbric and his mutants carried out caused that entities of the void entered quelthalas and almost destroyed the sunwell !!!

As an blood elf player I can only depress those mutants and their human master!
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2017-12-03 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaikal21 View Post
    its unused...why not use it now :/..its isolated and close to quel'thalas, the home of the void elves even if they are exiled....

once again agreed......but you know what even if gilneas is another human city it is there and its a shame for worgen to still be homeless after so many years dont you think...genns dream is to reclaim gilneas!! and their tree in darnassus is gone now! now is the time! if the new allied races can have their own home then worgen that are considered a basic complete race should have a home too....blizzard already have the model for a rebuilt gilneas (the one when you start level 1 worgen and gilneas is in perfect shape) so they wont even need to work so much on this...we allies got fucked regarding allied races and their homes...at least give us this!
    Strathholme is a big kingdom. That area is meant to be Strathholme but they never actively filled it in

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.
    Well. Played.

7+ Year Old Account
    well, the method of our artifact weapons being "properly sent off" was datamined on wow head

http://www.wowhead.com/news=277574/h...7-3-5-spoilers

kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    well, the method of our artifact weapons being "properly sent off" was datamined on wow head

kinda lame.
    Why? its the perfect opportunity to get rid of em and we kinda have to or our world dies :/

10+ Year Old Account

kinda lame.
    I mean what did you expect? A personal send off for each one/

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

kinda lame.

I dunno, seems fitting to me. A powerful weapon to remove a powerful weapon? Feels kinda full circle.
    Butts.