Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out.

Deleted
    When I was 6 I wanted to get a job as a Native American astronaut. Children are dumb and we give them way too much credit because parents are too proud of them. Supporting your child in general is called “good parenting” and nothing noteworthy. That article is just a PR stunt from an aging irrelevant pop-star.

Not gona bother with the stupid article. But forcing any kind of identity choices on your child is idiotic, its not gona change them into what you want, it will change them into even more confused people. So forcing people to be gender neutral or another gender is just as stupid as telling them you cant play with x toys, because its x gender. Toys have no gender and if your kid tells you he wants to kiss someone from the same gender, praying the gay away wont do jack shit but confuse them more.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

Why would a man be in the woman's bathroom? If you mean trans women, they are women. She, not he. And their rights should not be curbed because you are icked out.

i can be as uncomfortable with them as they are about using the bathroom of the gender they dont identify with. see this is a two way street. why should i be forced into something i dont like or agree with? how is that fair to people like me? i also hate the bathroom discussion because we are arguing about where to leave our shit. literally.

jesus you talk alot.

ok, "sane" people that kill because they are bigots are not "sane". holding a grudge against something because its different is a symptom of fear, which im pretty sure falls in the insanity category somewhere. especially if youre willing to take a life because of it.

i dont agree with a ton of your points because i feel its wrong. im not religious either. im not afraid of gays or trans people, i just dont like they live their lives. to me it goes against natural order.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    When I was like 7 I knew I wanted to kiss girls and lay down with them even though I didn't understand the implications. If I was gay I assume it would have been the same except for with boys. By your logic though if it's straight it's okay but if they're lgbt then its just corrupting the minds of children?
    no, if i had a 7 year old son and i caught him smooching on a little girl i would stop it. if he was smooching a boy, id stop it. and go buy them both some baseball cards
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

@Snorlax
    nope, no phobia. i just disagree with their lifestyles.

but you've outed yourself as a petty troll

At least you finally admitted you're a homophobe.
    baseball is pretty gay so i dunno.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    That's why it's important when I say that actual gender disorders are exceedingly rare, that's not a handwave, that's reality. If anything people with actual disorders should be intolerant of the people who are turning this into a long running joke. They are diverting attention away from where it should be.
    As someone who is intersexed and did actually transition (thus making me also trans) you could not be more wrong. This thread alone demonstrates how reactions to gender fluidity and trans issues knee jerks a bunch of reactionary fools into enforcing gender binary to the point where they attack parents and have decided that enforcing rigid gender binary standards is a social necessity.

That's the fault of shitty people, not of trans and non-binary people who are only pursuing their own happiness. It's exactly this attitude that led to my childhood dysphoria never being acknowledged -- complete with science denialism that kids simply cannot know -- and a bunch of medical professionals and outside authorities pushing my parents to "fix me" instead of allowing me to be myself.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    baseball is pretty gay so i dunno.
    shit...i meant...umm...poke....magic the gathe...

i'll just let them play hearthstone on my account

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Since when is child abuse amazing?
    Yea, raising a girl or boy without telling them they can't do something because they're boy/girl is abuse, right?

And you people try to pretend you're the rational ones...

I'm so pleased that I was able to have a childhood free of this sort of thing. The obsession some people have in regards to introducing impressionable, vulnerable individuals to adult concepts is pretty scary. Especially when the most vocal supporters of such things are deeply rooted in the entertainment industry - an organisation that has proven time and time again that for all the preaching it likes to do it's infested with some pretty scary, abusive individuals.

By all means, allow people to do whatever they want - within reason - when they're of an age to truly consent to such things. There's something very dubious about trying to push heavy concepts on children from an early age, though.

Okay buddy. Whatever makes you feel better about your hate.
    yea, well you have a nice day.

Just out of curiousity, what do you refer to someone as then? I swear, it seems like the further we go in time, the more we go back in brainpower. Wait, is she a vaxxer? Would explain not wanting to follow science.

Perhaps someone needs to do a water quality test in Hollywood. From Will Smith's cross-dressing son, to not wanting to refer to someone's gender... something is clearly going on out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    A boy is a boy and a girl is a girl. I'm sorry, but if it has a dong it's a boy and if it has a cat it's a girl. That's how it works.

Nothing to do with "open-mindness" it's just a bloody fact of life.

What said boys and girls make out of it is up to education, nobody said that girls must wear pink and play with dollies, while boys swimming in dirt and playing with ball. But to go on and declare a girl or a boy a "it" or whatever this goes by is just retarded attention seeking at expense of children mental health.
    Yeah, getting pretty sick of this myself too. If someone wants to be random-sexual or w/e, fine. Go for it. But you don't get to move the goalposts on gender just to be trendy and standout because your life is so shit you want some special attention.

I think its fine. I think you should just let your kids act whatever way they are going to act gender wise as long as they are not developing self abusive or abusive to others attitudes. If the kid wants to act like a boy, let them act like a boy, a girl or in between.

actually, that's how I was raised most of my childhood as well... my parents offered me whatever toy I wanted to play with, ranging from Barbie to plush toys, remote controlled cars, electric trains and LEGO. And I built some of them myself (I was *so* proud of my "longbow")

For clothing, my mom asked me what to wear and gave me a pair of jeans whenever I couldn't decide.
    I had a "pink&princess" phase of roughly a year, before my serious tomboy phase (mostly due to another girl who was an even bigger tomboy than I was), before my nerd phase, before growing up and blending all of this together and realizing that gender is social and that there's no reason why I cannot be "feminine" and "masculine" at the same time.

And all of that was fine for my parents. "Just do what you feel comfortable with. Be who you want to be. Always believe in yourself"

Quote Originally Posted by Lylandra View Post
    actually, that's how I was raised most of my childhood as well... my parents offered me whatever toy I wanted to play with, ranging from Barbie to plush toys, remote controlled cars, electric trains and LEGO. And I built some of them myself (I was *so* proud of my "longbow")

For clothing, my mom asked me what to wear and gave me a pair of jeans whenever I couldn't decide.
    I had a "pink&princess" phase of roughly a year, before my serious tomboy phase (mostly due to another girl who was an even bigger tomboy than I was), before my nerd phase, before growing up and blending all of this together and realizing that gender is social and that there's no reason why I cannot be "feminine" and "masculine" at the same time.

And all of that was fine for my parents. "Just do what you feel comfortable with. Be who you want to be. Always believe in yourself"
    At least you still realize you're a female.

We're pretty much the same way with our kids. Buying whatever toy they want, clothes, etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    You must not be from America.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't doubt it that dude is dumb as a rock. That's not even hostile to me that's just a statement in my mind.
    Yeah german here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...r-neutral.html

Isn't that amazing? We should all aspire to reach this level of open-mindness - a role model for everybody.
    Nope, there's nothing amazing about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not particularly healthy. Your gender identity is what makes you... you. Without it the person can become mentally unstable. This is why transgendered people are so unstable because they don't neatly fall into a male of female identity. Because of this they had to invent new genders to label themselves with. And the reason we do that is because we don't have the technology to make someone the gender they actually want to be. Sex reassignment surgery is more of a artists representation of what a vagina or penis would look like.

I don't see Pink's daughter growing up without using a lot of drugs or psychiatry to deal with the dogs barking in her head.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    As someone who is intersexed and did actually transition (thus making me also trans) you could not be more wrong. This thread alone demonstrates how reactions to gender fluidity and trans issues knee jerks a bunch of reactionary fools into enforcing gender binary to the point where they attack parents and have decided that enforcing rigid gender binary standards is a social necessity.

That's the fault of shitty people, not of trans and non-binary people who are only pursuing their own happiness. It's exactly this attitude that led to my childhood dysphoria never being acknowledged -- complete with science denialism that kids simply cannot know -- and a bunch of medical professionals and outside authorities pushing my parents to "fix me" instead of allowing me to be myself.
    Must be an american thing because her ein germany if we have kids like you they will go trough a phase where psycologists look after them until they´re about 14 Might not be the actuall age) and then if they´re still wanting to change gender it will be done but not before and not because they had a phase where they wan´t to be a boy/girl.