Funnily enough warlocks supposedly have the worst jump but maybe its because I started as a lock I find the other two really awkward to use. I absolutely hate titan jump, just feels like a worse warlock jump to me which is odd because its supposedly the one everyone likes.

@rogerwilko I personally used the balanced(?) one in pve where I get the most control since that's what tends to matter in pve.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Funnily enough warlocks supposedly have the worst jump but maybe its because I started as a lock I find the other two really awkward to use. I absolutely hate titan jump, just feels like a worse warlock jump to me which is odd because its supposedly the one everyone likes.

@rogerwilko I personally used the balanced(?) one in pve where I get the most control since that's what tends to matter in pve.
    Yeah Warlock jumps are a little annoying. Titan and Hunter jumps are straight forward just hit jump and you jump up but with Warlock jumps it all depends on how quickly you hit the jump button and it can take some time to get used to if it's not your first class.

I miss D1's quadruple Hunter jump, man that was a collision detection nighmare, skipping the entire thrall maze in Crotas End was funny when the titans and locks get swarmed and curse your for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

I think it's because warlock's jump functions more like a temporary decrease in gravity where as hunter's and titan's are more familiar from other games. Everyone knows double jump and jet pack but warlock's have no real precedent. Even blink is weird. It depends on your velocity and trajectory about a quarter to half second before.

Anteater errors everywhere -_-

I really hate the UI so much. I just want to be able to see what the planetary challenges are without needing to go there. I just want to be able to check them while I have loot on my screen. So much about the systems in the game frustrates me.

Also, screw strike challenges that make you play specific specs. Really don't like -_-

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I miss D1's quadruple Hunter jump, man that was a collision detection nighmare, skipping the entire thrall maze in Crotas End was funny when the titans and locks get swarmed and curse your for it.
    A good warlock could skip it as well

(Trust me I did to solo the dam place).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I think it's because warlock's jump functions more like a temporary decrease in gravity where as hunter's and titan's are more familiar from other games. Everyone knows double jump and jet pack but warlock's have no real precedent. Even blink is weird. It depends on your velocity and trajectory about a quarter to half second before.
    Just odd to me cause like, the titan jump is pretty much identical to the lock jump when you double tap rapidly but doesn't seem to respond the same when you space out the timing a bit. So warlocks seems to be the same but with more control and nuance where titans just puts your head in the ceiling no matter what.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, it's a step in the right direction, but it's a step that never should have needed to be taken in the first place.

And that's part of the whole problem with D2. So many steps taken backwards from D1 and so much shit cut out of the game for launch. We got a half baked product that was nothing but a shell of the game before it. And Bungie fucking knows it.
    The point is, for the time being, they are making up for it. I agree with you though, there was no reason to do away with a lot of the stuff from D1.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    The point is, for the time being, they are making up for it. I agree with you though, there was no reason to do away with a lot of the stuff from D1.
    Sure there is, hold it back for expansions so they seem more content rich. This IS activision at the end of the orderline.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    Never should have had to in the first place. It's no one's fault but Bungie's for dropping the ball so hard.

Question.

Does the Free Trial let you do pvp? Considered downloading it on my PC and doing some PVP when I'm bored.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    So decided to buy the game and give it a full shot, cause i liked the trial and decided why not. Not a big Bungie fan so, played the first and second halo couldn't really care for the rest and didn't find them all that amazing.

Story wise, i was expecting a whole lot more doom and gloom personally. Bit too light hearthed for my liking considering the story. Some of the dialogue is a bit too forced, with that i mean it tries to be funny. I know they want to give each character their personality but it didn't really seem to go over so well, especially if we compare it to other FPS games, being dishonored and the Wolfenstein series. Both those games are probably in another league when it comes to build up momentum in the story.

The game is fun, doesn't feel clunky at all. The maps are nice and well done. PvP wise i managed to hold my own against level 20's as level 8-10 so that shows there's at least some balance. Warlock is fun, not sure about the others. Wished there was a bit more of a difference between races, right now it's purely cosmetic.

A question though should i bother with side quests for rewards? Seems a bit pointless as you find enough during the story missions.

It's a nice change of scenery from playing OW as a competitive shooter. Is it worth the price? No idea. Fully depends how much there is to do and how often they expect you to buy more dlc's to get content out of it. I find the announcement of an expansion already a bit worrysome. But it's activision so milking was to be expected i guess.

In all honesty, fuck bungie and their garbage server tech. Never in my life have I seen worse backend work. Warnings and disconnects all day long. Countless threads on all the net even after so many weeks, no matter if pc or console. Just fucking garbage. Oh you are playing on a high class network and never had any problems so far with hundrets of games? Shits on you, take all these disconnects. Doesn't fucking matter if you open all ports in existence and disable all background services, destiny does whatever it wants and mostly it wants to do fucking nothing. I am done with this amateurish garbage. Going back to division, in all honesty it is way better than this crap. At least it has real loot and working servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you use use your keys before the reset:

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/46519

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    A question though should i bother with side quests for rewards? Seems a bit pointless as you find enough during the story missions.
    I'm not sure what the 'side quests' are. The story gets more detailed after completing the 'adventures', the orange sword things you find scattered around the planets.

10+ Year Old Account
    68Gb for the patch/dlc seems a bit much. They should have opened the pre-load way sooner if it really is that big (which I dont see why it should be, unless it is the base game and dlc combined), not every one has lightning speed internet. Finished the raid on friday night, wasnt too hard, would be allot easier if we had some people who could think a bit better and not fuck arround the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    68Gb for the patch/dlc seems a bit much. They should have opened the pre-load way sooner if it really is that big (which I dont see why it should be, unless it is the base game and dlc combined), not every one has lightning speed internet. Finished the raid on friday night, wasnt too hard, would be allot easier if we had some people who could think a bit better and not fuck arround the whole time.
    What. Ok, no way i'm able to play this week then (yes, i have a shitty 4Mb), i'm also leaving for a two week trip so it will be something for january i suppose.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    What. Ok, no way i'm able to play this week then (yes, i have a shitty 4Mb), i'm also leaving for a two week trip so it will be something for january i suppose.
    4mb download speed? You could use your phone as a hotspot and get better speeds!

That is insane.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    4mb download speed? You could use your phone as a hotspot and get better speeds!

That is insane.
    Welcome to Italy, its inane providers and outdated infrastructure. I could go for a 50Mb VDSL setup and ISP, but since i'm moving next year i'm not going through the change for like 4 months. Ping is low to let me play online just fine, line is stable honestly just bandwidth is crap (because too many people attached to very old cabinets).

Hopefully new home will mean also an actually usable connection.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Welcome to Italy, its inane providers and outdated infrastructure. I could go for a 50Mb VDSL setup and ISP, but since i'm moving next year i'm not going through the change for like 4 months. Ping is low to let me play online just fine, line is stable honestly just bandwidth is crap (because too many people attached to very old cabinets).

Hopefully new home will mean also an actually usable connection.
    Wow, didn't know you lived in Italy. Shame the speed is so low there. Moving to a new country? Or just an area with better options?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Wow, didn't know you lived in Italy. Shame the speed is so low there. Moving to a new country? Or just an area with better options?
    Nah, same country and area (hopefully). We're just years behind because HURR DURR MAIL WORKS DURRRRRR I WANT TO SPEND 5 EUROS MONTH HUURURUURR.

I'm actually in a pretty nice spot, they just brought VDSL which should be more than enough for me and both me and wife are near job places with all services easily reachable. Priorities
    The challenge is to actually find a new house in the budget XD Once we get this settled the connection won't be an issue - also the zone overall is very recent with new sites popping up every day, so infracrtucture is newly placed too. It's just a matter of waiting for the right occasion at this point.

EDIT: basically high speed is brought only in really high density zones because huge returns for less investment. Milan, Rome, Turin, Bologna, etc all have 100Mb at least with 300Mb on its way apparently. I'm lucky to have 50Mb (should be 100, but it isn't).