View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the leveling/scaling changes on the PTR

Voters
347. This poll is closed
  • Yes - I enjoy the extra challenge and leveling pace changes

182 52.45%
  • No - I don't like the extra challenge and leveling pace

97 27.95%
  • I don't care and will level characters regardless of difficulty or time played

68 19.60%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    You can go fast even after 7.3.5. Just buy a boost for a SMALL price of 60 dollars. (not sure for USD)
    shut the hell up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    I like everything except for more xp required per level.
    Agreed.

/10char

The current leveling is terrible. Whatever way you do it, its terrible.

From what I have found out about the changes, it will be very good. I want to actually do something while leveling. Atm, you just walk to mob, push a button and it dies. Even if you arent wearing heirlooms. That for the entire leveling process. That needs to be changed. If it increases the actual leveling time, then fine, thats what is needed.

Like some video I happened to watch at youtube recently said... "if you were game designer designing current wow leveling, would you make this this way?". To me there is only one answer "fuck no!".

Deleted
    My two cents... and I know people will disagree with me but you asked so...

Not everything has to be souls-like. Hear me out! I'm a 30 year old gamer who remembers the days when games were hard because you didn't bother getting a memory cartridge for your master system or whatever. I enjoyed games back then. But I also have enjoyed games since then. This year... it's felt like every game thats come out had to be souls-like. And that annoys me. I like a challenge. But I also like progression. One of the things I like about WoW is that it's accessible. I'll leave the mythic raids to those who enjoy that sort of thing. I don't want them removed from the game simply because I'm not good enough. On the flip side of that... I'd like it if people didn't yell at Blizzard until they made the game ridiculously difficult. I don't mind if they make levelling more challenging. But since the game doesn't really start until you reach the level cap... making that take longer seems like a mistake to me. Does that make sense? Probably not. Whatevs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    One's same level to you, the other is -1 to you. That's why the difference.
    Nah, I had to restart the clients in between, made sure to kill a level 38 both live and PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Yeah, so were the 'hard' Cata dungeons. Then they hit live servers and things very quickly changed. You're hearing the vocal minority.
    Cata dungeons were endgame, so it's not a good difficulty for old content.

And positive reactions to scaling aren't a vocal minority. BlizzCon proves this wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    Slowing down leveling is a bad choice for me. I like leveling fast and getting to where i wanna be, which is max level content. The faster i get there the better.
    Same here, all this will do is ensure I never bother levelling another fresh character
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    While WoW has always been targeted towards the more casual players, reducing it to the instagib mode that is levelling in the old world right now is just wrong. It's simply bad design. That is with or without heirlooms.

Do note, that I'm not necessarily saying that it should take longer to get to max level. I think the pace is okay right now. But it absolutely should force you to use your head every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account

[PTR VIDEO]

Oh no how hard is that!?

It's not really harder. If you have any gear, you won't feel much of a difference from retail. With looms you still one shot everything.

i don't care about being challenged or not, but i like that it takes longer to level now so i can see all of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingButtress View Post
    My two cents... and I know people will disagree with me but you asked so...

Not everything has to be souls-like. Hear me out! I'm a 30 year old gamer who remembers the days when games were hard because you didn't bother getting a memory cartridge for your master system or whatever. I enjoyed games back then. But I also have enjoyed games since then. This year... it's felt like every game thats come out had to be souls-like. And that annoys me. I like a challenge. But I also like progression. One of the things I like about WoW is that it's accessible. I'll leave the mythic raids to those who enjoy that sort of thing. I don't want them removed from the game simply because I'm not good enough. On the flip side of that... I'd like it if people didn't yell at Blizzard until they made the game ridiculously difficult. I don't mind if they make levelling more challenging. But since the game doesn't really start until you reach the level cap... making that take longer seems like a mistake to me. Does that make sense? Probably not. Whatevs.
    There’s nothing here remotely approaching Dark Souls difficulty. WoW leveling is completely braindead and unrewarding and will most likely continue to be in BFA, albeit a bit slower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    No. If you want that experience then go play on Classic. This is the absolute wrong move for the game. Leveling doesn't need to be slow and tedious anymore, we've all done it a million times, it should be quick and painless so you can get to the part of the game that's actually enjoyable.
    But that's exactly the problem with it. Only endgame is enjoyable, because leveling has been broken for years. There is nothing enjoyable about 1shotting mobs for a week so that you can play endgame, but if leveling is an actual video game, it can be enjoyable.

And outside private servers, "then go play on classic" isn't exactly an argument as they are several years out.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, right now you just run around and 1hit shit, you should also remember that you need more xp now however you dont have to travel so much anymore because you outlvled a zone super fast
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    Slowing down leveling is a bad choice for me. I like leveling fast and getting to where i wanna be, which is max level content. The faster i get there the better.
    This is a fucking problem with this game. Leveling shouldn't feel like something you need to drudge through, in any game.

I voted no.

Challenge? The only callenge I care in this game begins at max level. I don't care about what's in between. I cap my toons asap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    There’s nothing here remotely approaching Dark Souls difficulty. WoW leveling is completely braindead and unrewarding and will most likely continue to be in BFA, albeit a bit slower.
    I was being a bit hyperbolic but ok. I agree. There's nothing in WoW thats remotely Dark Souls difficult. I'm looking at it from a business perspective. WoW needs to be accessible. Whether the player base likes it or not. Because in the end, thats how WoW keeps going. If it full on pandered to the hardcore players, they're sub numbers would fall even lower. And before long... you'd get the inevitable "we're merging servers for an improved experience"... the game would run like crap and then it would die. That's how it works.

I voted dislike because I don't like the combination of vastly increased kill time and slowed leveling speeds.

IMO, the problem isn't that leveling is too fast, the problem is that it feels bad to one or two-shot every monster. You don't need to use most of your abilities or learn your spec's proper gameplay priority. And that's what they should fix.

My ideal solution would be a degree of increased kill time, taking 5-6 GCDs to kill a same-level non-elite mob rather than the 1-2 we see in 7.3.2, but the same leveling speed as 7.3.2. So each mob killed could reward more XP to compensate for taking longer to kill and/or quests could require killing less of them.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-12-04 at 01:16 AM.

If it's just slowing down, without adding a challenge, then it's ultimately pointless and just a way to make you spend more time in the game. In Vanilla pulling an extra mob could mean you'd die. Leveling up in Vanilla was about planning, either in terms of quests and maximizing time/experience ratio, in terms of planning for risk during quests, in terms of which talent would help you, in terms of learning to create groups (social interaction), in terms of getting appropriate gear, etc.

If this just makes thing take more time, then that's a big "NOPE!". I'll just finish up the 2 characters I've got that's not at lvl 90+ and never touch the world again. It doesn't help that the game is designed around getting to max level fast, which makes spending any time leveling pointless.

There's a post on the ptr forums that illustrates I problem that is important to me:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So we have staggered dungeons like:

Level 15-60
    Ragefire Chasm
    Deadmines
    Shadowfang Keep
    Wailing Caverns

Level 20s-60
    Blackfathom Deeps
    Stockades
    Gnomeregan
    Scarlet Halls
    Scarlet Monestary.

30s-60
    Maraudon
    Razorfen
    Uldaman

40s-60
    Zul'farak
    Scholomance

And so on.

The majority of people leveling are going to be able to access:
    Ragefire Chasm
    Deadmines
    Shadowfang Keep
    Wailing Caverns

I feel like we are going to be getting those quite frequently. That is assuming we can be paired with anyone from 15-60. I am not against running these dungeons, but maybe excluded dungeons are in order? Similar to how they have it battlegrounds. That way if you start to get nothing but ragefire chasm, for example, it would allow you to not get burnt out on those five dungeons.

Just a thought

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On top of this there is a problem that matters a lot to me personally which is that I do not want to que with people that are much higher level than I am. With all the spells that they'd have access to it would make for a very noncompetitive environment. Obviously this doesn't matter to most people but I prefer things to be on an even playing field as much as possible, and this would definitely dampen my enjoyment of the leveling experience.

Honestly they should just scrap the dungeon level merging completely since it was only necessary for zones. The fact that they've added a higher xp requirement per level makes this even less of an issue so I'm not sure why this was even implemented in the first place.

if they could reduce the time spent in the expansions, i'd happily accept those changes...i hate leveling in the expansions (probably because it's always a few maps you gotta do over and over again if you want to level alts)