Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    "Nations that have wealth redistribution programs are consistently the happiest and whitest in the world."

Fixed for you, give them a couple years of Mass Islam for prospective change.
    Yeah we're quaking in our booties.

Nice race baiting though, really letting our true colours fly these days huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    In America if youre told if you complain about the rich that you're just lazy and don't work hard enough.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Income inequality in the U.S. is the highest among all developed nations. With the federal minimum wage being only $7.25 per hour, people are living in modern slavery just making enough money to barely survive. The republicans in the senate just voted to give an express lane that is going to make inequality far worse.

How long can this go on without some kind of major revolution?
    Probably when our parents die. When people of my generation can no longer live with someone who will help offset the lack of opportunity to make enough money to live on your own then the problems will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because even though things are not perfect, the vast majority of Americans are content. America is great...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    Who cares what most of these brainwashed idiots on mmo-champ think, they come from irrelevant countries who love making noise.

They dont live in the u.s so they cant judge shit. They read newspapers and they get their facts from there, that alone shows you that you shouldnt pay attention to these morons, they are easily manipulated by the mass media, the government will have fun with these idiots in the years to come.

Many people i know who are in u.s dont have amazing qualifications but are getting great paid jobs, $18 a hour no problemo, own nice cars, nice house and live in nice state. One day i will move to the u.s, no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has the US ever had a real economic revolution against the upper class? There always seems like theres a subset willing to buy into "trickle down" economics. That the reason people are poor because they are stupid and lazy. All you need to do is tell the worker, "sorry, all these slaves/immigrants took your jobs, go hate them", or "sorry, can't pay you more because Uncle Sam is busting my ass, don't I deserve my bonus thats more than your two years pay", or "you'll be okay if you just pull yourself up by the bootstraps like I did when I got father to give me loan of $2 million".

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by currymuncher View Post
    They dont live in the u.s so they cant judge shit.

One day i will move to the u.s, no doubt.

Take your own advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post

Take your own advice.
    There's a Madrid, Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    There's a Madrid, Iowa.
    I also included the part where he said he would move to the U.S. one day, which sort of rules out Iowa.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

15+ Year Old Account
    To me this argument never made sens. Say our entire population had PhD's in physics, minimum wage workers would still have to exist because not everyone can be a physics PhD scientific researcher. Society needs mailmen, store clerks, manual laborers, etc. If society needs low level workers as well as high level workers, then why don't we give low lever workers fair pay? They perform a task that society needs.
    This tends to be the massive gaping hole in the conservative argument that everyone should "gain a useful skillset to earn a better wage", the fact that our economy runs largely on menial low-skill labor jobs. Those people are going to exist no matter what. It's why even now we have STEM graduates waiting tables straight out of college, even if it's not as bad as it used to be. During the height of recession, over 50% of STEM graduates were doing these kind of menial jobs that paid close to minimum wage simply because they had no experience.

But again, as you said, every time some Trumpkin cuckservative comes out swinging about how "everyone needs to learn valuable skills", you point out that the majority of our country runs on minimum wage workers, and they shut up real quick and then move on to some other excuse as to why these people do not deserve to have a life where they can live "comfortably" but not extravagantly.

Of course, these were the same Trumpkins who, during the election, were whining about the inequality in wealth and how the washington coastal elites were so disconnected from the working man. Yes, that's why they needed to elect Trump, a New York billionaire who's never had a hard day's work in his life because he inherited daddy's fortune, vs a woman who came from a family in middle America, where the husband actually came from a pretty average middle class family, and she came from the upper middle class, but by no means upper crust.

But we've known the Trumpkin crowd are huge hypocrites with massive cognitive dissonance, so what else is new?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Take your own advice.
    He's not wrong. Politics is an extremely small part of most people's lives. At least it used to be. It still doesn't have much of an effect on your quality of life in the US. Expecting people with homes bigger than the vast majority of other countries, wages higher than the vast majority of other countries and nicer possessions than the vast majority of other countries to revolt against the government is ridiculous.

And who exactly would revolt? Most demographics have nothing to gain from it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    This tends to be the massive gaping hole in the conservative argument that everyone should "gain a useful skillset to earn a better wage", the fact that our economy runs largely on menial low-skill labor jobs. Those people are going to exist no matter what. It's why even now we have STEM graduates waiting tables straight out of college, even if it's not as bad as it used to be. During the height of recession, over 50% of STEM graduates were doing these kind of menial jobs that paid close to minimum wage simply because they had no experience.

But again, as you said, every time some Trumpkin cuckservative comes out swinging about how "everyone needs to learn valuable skills", you point out that the majority of our country runs on minimum wage workers, and they shut up real quick and then move on to some other excuse as to why these people do not deserve to have a life where they can live "comfortably" but not extravagantly.
    https://www.bls.gov/opub/reports/min.../2016/home.htm

In 2016, 79.9 million workers age 16 and older in the United States were paid at hourly rates, representing 58.7 percent of all wage and salary workers. Among those paid by the hour, 701,000 workers earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 1.5 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 2.2 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 2.7 percent of all hourly paid workers.
    Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    He's not wrong. Politics is an extremely small part of most people's lives. At least it used to be. It still doesn't have much of an effect on your quality of life in the US. Expecting people with homes bigger than the vast majority of other countries, wages higher than the vast majority of other countries and nicer possessions than the vast majority of other countries to revolt against the government is ridiculous.

And who exactly would revolt? Most demographics have nothing to gain from it.
    I really have no real interest in this thread, and I made that post specifically to call out someone for being a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    here the thing - when people say they want to go back they in 90% time means the 1940-1970 time period when US flourished due to rest of world being ravaged d by 2 world wars - but time passed and economy of EU and East flourished while US diminished.

its not fault of rich - just what was happening in 1940-1970 was anomaly not new norm . and wee see it now - US is just unappealing compared to many other better to live in countries.

and yet its still very appealing for over half of word where people live for less then 200$ a day . but you closed your borders so without huge import of very cheap labor offices your economy suffers immensely - loosen immigration laws and suddenly you will have millions of cheap labor leaving good work places for citizens.
    So the US is so unappealing it has twice as many immigrants every year than the next closest country and you say we have closed borders...thanks for the laugh, I enjoyed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    In America you're told if you complain about the rich that you're just lazy and don't work hard enough.
    Nah, in America, we just call those people whiners. The people we call lazy are the ones who complain they are not getting paid enough while there are jobs available that pay the wages they are looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Has the US ever had a real economic revolution against the upper class? There always seems like theres a subset willing to buy into "trickle down" economics. That the reason people are poor because they are stupid and lazy. All you need to do is tell the worker, "sorry, all these slaves/immigrants took your jobs, go hate them", or "sorry, can't pay you more because Uncle Sam is busting my ass, don't I deserve my bonus thats more than your two years pay", or "you'll be okay if you just pull yourself up by the bootstraps like I did when I got father to give me loan of $2 million".
    Yeah, that's it. Everyone in the U.S. who is not in poverty got a 2 million dollar loan from their dad. None of them studied and worked hard. Nope, all non-impoverished Americans got a 2 million $$ loan from dear old dad...right out of high school. Yep, that's what happened.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    "Hey, things may look bad now, but those ghosts of the years past are looking at us in envy!"

Okay, now take a look around in the modern day and see that you have literally the rest of the modern world looking at America in a mix of disgust and pity. Because your optimism about your standard of living comes from living better than people centuries dead.
    I'm not defending American capitalism, I'm just saying that it's much easier for those oppressed to be apathetic to it. Living poor in America is much easier than living poor in the past or even in many other areas of the world today(Africa, most of Americas, most of Asia, eastern bloc of Europe) .
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2017-12-04 at 07:49 AM. Reason: wording

Deleted
    I really have no real interest in this thread, and I made that post specifically to call out someone for being a hypocrite.
    sorry if my facts hurt you, its funny how e.u people love talking about the u.s but havent actually gone there to experience it. They base their facts on faction and on fake articles, i do know people living in u.s who have good jobs with good wages. so whats all this whining about??.

sorry if my facts hurt you, its funny how e.u people love talking about the u.s but havent actually gone there to experience it. They base their facts on faction and on fake articles, i do know people living in u.s who have good jobs with good wages. so whats all this whining about??.
    You are *also* one of these EU people.

The USA elected Trump: that's definitely revolting.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Deleted
    You are *also* one of these EU people.
    yes well done, but you dont see me talking shit about u.s, do you?? people think e.u is some sort of wonderland but its failed project

yes well done, but you dont see me talking shit about u.s, do you?? people think e.u is some sort of wonderland but its failed project
    If that's failing what the hell of a high bar is winning?

Income inequality in the U.S. is the highest among all developed nations. With the federal minimum wage being only $7.25 per hour, people are living in modern slavery just making enough money to barely survive. The republicans in the senate just voted to give an express lane that is going to make inequality far worse.

How long can this go on without some kind of major revolution?
    Because real life differs from the narrative the mass media plays. The economy is doing great, I mean it's Obama's economy right? that means it should be all good now, right?