Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    tinker & spellstealer imo .. tinker as a sort of mechanical dude with semi stationary pets (that you place down during combat but become like..a soulshard mechanic once it ends) .. thered be a golemn for tanking.. sort of.. medical jetstream healer (sort of like monks) and a turret dpser..

Spellstealers would be more a buffer/debuffer type of indirect dmg dealer spec.. a ranged glaive thrower spec aand.. some sort of .. ranged tank sort of specI guess?

A lot of hate for Demon Hunters in this thread, I understand why too. Blizz pushed this class to be released as quickly as possible as a "fail-safe" cause WoD bombed, the WoW movie bombed. So Demon Hunters was a trump card they had in there pocket for a long time, so blizz pushed for its release, which is why it only has 2 specs, not many abilities, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    "They did once, it was in the pick list for wrath classes, they decided in the end to go with death knight and fold some of the necromancer skills into death knights."
    The guy who wrote this didn't mention everything that was written and why.

I don't remember 100% of what was said but what stayed clear in my mind ( mainly cause I played warlock at the time) was the reference to locks.

Anyways we're drifting off topic here, it matters little since a lot of things have changed in game( new classes etc), still need a unique concept for necromancers to work and the biggest conflict to that concept is deathknights because we know that blizzard gave part of their core concepts to DKs instead,not even gonna mention warlocks.

If you take away the ability to raise and control the undead from necros then you might as well name them something else.
    Did you see the Necromancer class concept I developed? Besides necromancy, its specs revolved around chemical warfare, blood healing allies, spectral entities, and undead shapeshifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Amunrasonther View Post
    Did you see the Necromancer class concept I developed? Besides necromancy, its specs revolved around chemical warfare, blood healing allies, spectral entities, and undead shapeshifting.
    I could also add mine, while in earlie stages, is a class around a mad medic, Gravekeepers and different interpretations of the Lich.

But since its in earliers stages, just the the ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    A lot of hate for Demon Hunters in this thread, I understand why too. Blizz pushed this class to be released as quickly as possible as a "fail-safe" cause WoD bombed, the WoW movie bombed. So Demon Hunters was a trump card they had in there pocket for a long time, so blizz pushed for its release, which is why it only has 2 specs, not many abilities, etc...
    Uh?Dh hate?People are using Dh as examples, but in any moment is show hate towards the clas

I know a lot of people are pushing for mech Tinkerers, but what about a tinkerer that uses a highly specialized ranged weapon instead? I was thinking something along these lines:

Maybe a ranged tanking spec, DPS ranged, and a healing spec? I think people would really go for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    I could also add mine, while in earlie stages, is a class around a mad medic, Gravekeepers and different interpretations of the Lich.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh?Dh hate?People are using Dh as examples, but in any moment is show hate towards the clas
    Yeah hate. As in so many people saying things like "I wish they didn't bring them out" etc etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    As far as I can understand, there are two types of 'concepts' in class design: lore and gameplay. The gameplay dictates how the class will play out. Which kind of abilities would the class have, which passives, etc. The lore concept dictates the theme, name and graphic of said abilities (light, shadow, elemental, physical, etc) as well as the backstory for said class.

I'm not, however, talking about specific abilities. Single abilities can be shuffled around and even removed without altering the gameplay and theme of the class too much (if at all).

Well, today we have Beastmaster, which is 'Demonology' only with beasts instead of demons, is it not? Empowering beasts and summoning a bucket-load of beasts.
    Comparing lore to class design is like comparing the sketch of a car concept to an actual version of that concept. My point being there is a vast difference between ideology(Lore), conceptualization , modification, development , implementation. You are only seeing the first and last.

If you do not create separating concepts then what does separate you from any other class really? is it just the fact that class X swings with a sword and class Y shoots it ? To clarify what I'm trying to tell you here is , you view class design as a gathering of differing spells coming together which then form the concept of uniqueness you are trying to achieve, that is called baseless design, it's like you are trying to build a car starting from the steering wheel and windows, your only guide being the piece of sketch with a drawing of a car you want to achieve ( Lore ).

I hope you understand what I'm trying to convey here.

Also, your BM hunter statement is flawed due to what I was discussing above, I'm hoping this is not a recurring pattern in your responses as I'm starting to feel you are incapable of understanding my point.

@Amunrasonther I haven't had the pleasure yet, although given your brief explanation I ask myself if you truly even need to call it a necromancer, given the theme you could use several other names.
    Last edited by wholol; 2017-12-04 at 01:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illidari View Post
    I know a lot of people are pushing for mech Tinkerers, but what about a tinkerer that uses a highly specialized ranged weapon instead? I was thinking something along these lines:

Maybe a ranged tanking spec, DPS ranged, and a healing spec? I think people would really go for that.
    A few things:

1. You would have to make sure they don't wind up too similar to Hunters, since there really isn't many ways to do "shots". I guess a ranged class that tanks/DPS/and Heals and a lack of pets would be enough to differentiate it.
    2. Itemization could be a huge problem since they would have to equip weapons they would actually use. Blizzard could do this by simply giving them a large gun graphic OR they could give them their own class of weapon. Demon Hunters are the only class that can utilize Warglaives, so there is precedent for a class to have its own weapons.
    3. Certain Tinker abilities may not make much sense without the weapon platform that the mech or claw pack provides. Abilities like Pocket Factory or Turrets work for your gun concept, but something like Cluster Rockets might be a bit too far fetched. Maybe Robo-Goblin in this type of class would be summoning a mech for a brief time?
    4. I'm actually a supporter of ranged tanking, and think if Blizzard puts their mind to it, it could be a very fun tanking method. While the mech tinkerer concept doesn't support ranged tanking, this concept does, and something like that would get the community very excited.

All in all, cool picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    I look forward to reading it!

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post

@Amunrasonther I haven't had the pleasure yet, although given your brief explanation I ask myself if you truly even need to call it a necromancer, given the theme you could use several other names.

The Necromancer title is pretty iconic and should have a place in WoW. I believe I created a Necromancer concept that lives up to the name and has three unique specs to distinguish it and make it unique from other classes.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...-MMVtUGA4/edit

If you're using a browser that distorts the formatting, here's the mmo thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-Concept-2017
    Last edited by Amunrasonther; 2017-12-04 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    2. Itemization could be a huge problem since they would have to equip weapons they would actually use. Blizzard could do this by simply giving them a large gun graphic OR they could give them their own class of weapon. Demon Hunters are the only class that can utilize Warglaives, so there is precedent for a class to have its own weapons.

A huge hand cannon would be pretty sweet. I would love to play as a ranged tank that was carrying some sort of tech cannon. Reminds me of the Engineer tank spec from Torchlight 2.

This class would be different from hunters just by the nature of their blasts.

Here's an Orc version:

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    Yeah hate. As in so many people saying things like "I wish they didn't bring them out" etc etc..
    Only because they were fighting so hard against the idea that there was any chance of them being made :/
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

I would love to see Necromancer but they'd have to redesign locks and Unholy because they already fill that role. When I think of Necromancer I see Affliction and Unholy. They could make a dps/healer Affliction type that heals through DoTs.

I'd love for this game to go back towards having some support classes (and a support role in dungeons). They don't even have to make specs wholly supportive, just give some talent choices to sacrifice a small bit of damage to provide a meaningful buff or utility to your group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
    Another suggestion people keep asking for without actually thinking about what it entails.
    Obviously druids already have 4 specs so I don't think a 5th makes sense. I also dont think it would make sense to have every class get a new spec at the same time. They rolled out druids 4th spec during one content update so id expect others to roll out here and there or a couple during an expansion. Just because I didn't go more in depth in my statement does not by any means I didn't take into consideration how much work and balancing it would be.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rotomon View Post
    Obviously druids already have 4 specs so I don't think a 5th makes sense. I also dont think it would make sense to have every class get a new spec at the same time. They rolled out druids 4th spec during one content update so id expect others to roll out here and there or a couple during an expansion. Just because I didn't go more in depth in my statement does not by any means I didn't take into consideration how much work and balancing it would be.
    I think easing out more specs would make more sense, but also begs the question of which classes will get the attention and what goals Blizzard has with adding more specs, talents and abilities to make it all happen. As much as I'd like to see it, I think the current classes are pretty well defined and if they wanted more roles to be filled they should look into adding that to a new class instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    I think easing out more specs would make more sense, but also begs the question of which classes will get the attention and what goals Blizzard has with adding more specs, talents and abilities to make it all happen. As much as I'd like to see it, I think the current classes are pretty well defined and if they wanted more roles to be filled they should look into adding that to a new class instead.
    I know there are a few classes that have asked for a tanking spec such as Shaman, Warlock and Hunter and would make some great candidates for a 4th spec. Also sure these ideas could be thrown out the window in favor of new classes as well. Maybe 4th specs only make sense for hybrid classes. Do dedicated dps need a 4th dps spec or could they make all classes hybrids? Priests already technically have 4 specs with the two very different shadow variations. Rogues could gain a Tank spec. These are all just random ideas. Hell id be happy to see something like a Bard in game. I kinda miss the utility classes or buff classes.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...kywall/rotomon
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and people's stupidity - though I am not entirely sure about the universe". -Albert Einstein

Split hunter off into two classes, Beastmaster and Ranger.
    Ranger can be based on sylvannis, use of stealth poison and archery, also dark or voodoo magics.
    Beastmaster based on rexxar, more melee, more pet summoning, a true counter to druids.

As for existing hunters, give them all two very short questlines when they log in to pick their new class, don't allow them to go to the new expansion until they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Split hunter off into two classes, Beastmaster and Ranger.
    Ranger can be based on sylvannis, use of stealth poison and archery, also dark or voodoo magics.
    Beastmaster based on rexxar, more melee, more pet summoning, a true counter to druids.

As for existing hunters, give them all two very short questlines when they log in to pick their new class, don't allow them to go to the new expansion until they do.
    I always felt like "Hunter" and "Ranger" should have been two separate classes, one dealing with beasts and nature and survival while the other is your typical bow master and pseudo-magic user. The current Hunter is way too broad and covers practically anything that uses a bow. Throwing weapons should have been a thing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Only because they were fighting so hard against the idea that there was any chance of them being made :/
    Negative, the hate is cause of how they turned out. They turned out this way cause they were rushed and used as a trump card

Deleted
    Guys its simple. Almost all the classes if not all have their roots from warcraft 3. And when taking into account that, tinkere has yet to be used so thats possible for wow, and then there is classic rpg classes and the only one yet to be introduced is bard. So id say tinkerer and bard are most likely