Poll: ?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would You Play a Classic LoL Server?

By that I mean... If you could go back and play a previous season, would you?

Personally I preferred the game during season 3/4. Maybe because it was when I began playing, but the game felt a bit more fun and fair. There was more power in the individual rather than the team. There were also champions I enjoyed playing that were removed/reworked. Like old graves, old darius, old twitch, old fiora, old rengar, and old shen.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-11-28 at 03:05 AM.

Deleted
    I think that these genres of games need to follow their natural evolution, the continuous changes are what keeps them alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoPanic View Post
    I think that these genres of games need to follow their natural evolution, the continuous changes are what keeps them alive.
    It depends on what the devs want to prioritize. If they prefer the game to preserve a fresh and new feeling then it makes sense to keep moving forward and never look back. But that doesn't make sense for the frontrunner of competitive Esports. I think it would be beneficial to keep the game as competitive and skill-based as possible. Many changes nowadays are not going in that direction.

I'd play season 5 and Season 4 over this shit.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

There were also champions I enjoyed playing that were removed/reworked. Like old graves, old darius, old twitch, old fiora, old rengar, and old shen.
    want to fill us in on what champs were "removed"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    Understand that I didn't mean remove literally, but some reworked champions play nothing like they used to. It's more fitting to call them removed in that sense. Galio, sion, graves, yorick, and poppy for example.

Quote Originally Posted by noladrew View Post
    I'm interested too!

Deleted
    Understand that I didn't mean remove literally, but some reworked champions play nothing like they used to. It's more fitting to call them removed in that sense. Galio, sion, graves, yorick, and poppy for example.
    And most of them gotten more popular so ..

Curiously reading g league threads as I haven't played in years, read this thread

All the replies make me want to leave this forum because of how toxic this forum is.

Realize this post will only make it worse.

Sorry OP

10+ Year Old Account
    "classic lol" fucking move on people, devs shouldn't be hamstringing themselves because you don't know how to deal with change

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Curiously reading g league threads as I haven't played in years, read this thread

All the replies make me want to leave this forum because of how toxic this forum is.

Realize this post will only make it worse.

Sorry OP
    Probably should cancel your internet too if this hurts your feels, considering no one said anything even close to "toxic".

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    "classic lol" fucking move on people, devs shouldn't be hamstringing themselves because you don't know how to deal with change

- - - Updated - - -

Probably should cancel your internet too if this hurts your feels, considering no one said anything even close to "toxic".
    lol //10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It's not that we don't know how to deal with change, it's that change was unnecessary. Plants weren't needed, RNG dragons weren't needed, mastery keystones and these new runes weren't needed either. These changes don't seem to be made to improve the game, but rather to keep it fresh. That's an easy way to lose your players, just look at WoW for an example.

The golden age of League has passed, it shouldn't come as a shock that some people want to go back. It took 14 years for Blizzard to acknowledge that some players prefer the older versions of the game, wonder how long it will take for Riot.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-12-09 at 12:56 AM.

-snip-
    Did you just use an image that show how often people google "league of legends" to make a point that league is dying?
    You do also realize that the majority of League's players are in China? I assure you the Chinese player base is not using google.

Also.. this years world's drew in over 60 million viewers (the most watched tournament in league history).

Doesn't need to go back. Only forward. WoW and League are two very different games.

I think old players usually stop playing or play less cos they started to grow up and have more responsibilities, thus having lesser time to play. Lesser time to play = lesser time to adapt = lose out = prefer the game to stay the same so they don't need to care about changes, or so that's what I feel.

I personally like the changes, keeping things fresh and all. I actually came back to play because there were new stuff, the only thing I hope for is improvement in graphics (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo X View Post
    Did you just use an image that show how often people google "league of legends" to make a point that league is dying?
    You do also realize that the majority of League's players are in China? I assure you the Chinese player base is not using google.

Also.. this years world's drew in over 60 million viewers (the most watched tournament in league history).

Doesn't need to go back. Only forward. WoW and League are two very different games.
    It's not how often people Google "League of Legends," It's how often people look up ANYTHING related to the game. Because Asia plays it more, we're supposed to ignore its decline in popularity everywhere else? That's going the way of the StarCraft.

60 million across every language, yeah. The English stream had less viewers than last year's worlds. Despite that, they have been deliberately changing the game to squash boring strategies and make it more fast paced and action packed, solely for the purpose of more viewership. That doesn't mean the game is more fun or skillful than it was previously, it just means more people are watching now.

I would. I don't care for most of the changes they have made the last 2-3 years(maybe longer as I don't really remember when I last played regularly). Frankly, their attitude towards things the last few years helped push me away as well.

Personally I preferred the game during season 3/4. Maybe because it was when I began playing, but the game felt a bit more fun and fair. There was more power in the individual rather than the team. There were also champions I enjoyed playing that were removed/reworked. Like old graves, old darius, old twitch, old fiora, old rengar, and old shen.
    I miss the old art style and rift map.

I missed open beta/S1 where most everyone thought Janna was the worst champion ever and bottom of every tier list, even though she had a knock up on a 7 second cd that covers half the lane, interrupts all non-flash gap closers(if you didn't at least knock up Xin Zhao or Alistar out of the screen for 10 seconds once in your LoL career you were missing out) and an ult on a 72 second cd that resets any teamfight.*assuming 40% cdr

She hard countered every single champion at that time, ranging from meta picks to out-of-meta picks. She had to be buffed massively before she got a decent play rate, which quickly led her to be nerfed to a state much weaker than her pre-buff numbers. And she still held a >52% winrate across all ranked tiers ever since then.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Because Asia plays it more, we're supposed to ignore its decline in popularity everywhere else? That's going the way of the StarCraft.
    Dude that's business. Why would a company not cater to their largest demographic? And do you have any source other than how often people look up league related topics (using google). Also... if we go by that world of warcraft is at 4% of its peak popularity as far as search results. Does that mean it has 4% of peak players at 480,000? No. That is not a correlation and you seem to want to make it one.

The English stream had less viewers than last year's worlds.
    Do you have a source for that or..?
    EDIT: Found the stats myself. It was a difference of ~46k. We're talking the difference between 876k and 922k. Fun fact. The number of viewers (without Chinese viewers) from 2016 to 2017 went from 1,585,072 to 2,022,061
    Dying game indeed.

Despite that, they have been deliberately changing the game to squash boring strategies and make it more fast paced and action packed, solely for the purpose of more viewership. That doesn't mean the game is more fun or skillful than it was previously, it just means more people are watching now.
    I, as well as many others, disliked the 60 min games, the cheesy strats (lane swaps) just to speed up games, the long wait for minions and jungle to spawn, etc.

I don't understand how you can say the game is dying then say they do things for more viewership.
    You keep drawing conclusions based on your own opinion in order to declare the state of the game. I get that you might dislike the current league but that doesn't mean everyone else shares your opinion nor does it mean the game needs to go backwards based on the popularity in a search engine.
    Last edited by Vertigo X; 2017-12-14 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that we don't know how to deal with change, it's that change was unnecessary. Plants weren't needed, RNG dragons weren't needed, mastery keystones and these new runes weren't needed either. These changes don't seem to be made to improve the game, but rather to keep it fresh. That's an easy way to lose your players, just look at WoW for an example.

The golden age of League has passed, it shouldn't come as a shock that some people want to go back. It took 14 years for Blizzard to acknowledge that some players prefer the older versions of the game, wonder how long it will take for Riot.
    No, YOU thought the change was unnecessary. YOU want classic league.

Putting it under the guise of "well it's clearly bad for the game" is disingenuous and a quick way to make anyone who might have thought about what you said instantly dismiss you.

As for the Golden Age of game passing, of course it has. It's been out for what? 8 years? It's an old game. Same goes for WoW. It's completely natural for a game to lose player base over the years. Not to mention that it's a competitive PvP game, going back would unbalance so much shit it's completely not worth it.

What is it that you actually want? All the old mechanics/jungle/summoner spells/masteries/runes/everything? With the new champs, or without them? Only classic champions? Where's the cut off? Make it a completely separate game with a separate account and split the playerbase? How about ranked rules? Old version/new version/inbetween version?